Frenzy Barb Issues

rukz

Diabloii.Net Member
Frenzy Barb Issues

Hi, I was planning on building a Frenzy barb but my issues are with Resists, in hell you have -100 (-70) after anya quest so you need 145 resist all to have 75 res in hell. My gear will be as follows:

Helm: Arreats
Armour: Fortitude
Weap1: Death Zerker
Weap2: BotD Zerker
Amulet: Cat's Eye
Ring1: Raven Frost
Ring2: tryign to get a dwarf star or something good (some rare ring for now)
Belt: String of Ears
Boots: Gore Riders
Gloves: Draculs Grasp

With this setup I will have 30 arreats + 27 fort + 30 anya 87 res all maybe another 35 or so from Natural Resistance so thats 122 still 23 short of max res in hell. Is this a problem or will I be able to survive with massive leech and life?

I plan to use Ash's Iron Build as my skills...

Thanks,

rukz

MrKaxe

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
One point + to taste (watch the diminishing returns) in Natural Res with +skillz from gear should sort you out...iron frenzy can survive well enough even without huge leach but the more the better :smiley:

rukz

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the reply.

Now another issue, I cannot decide on weapons. My choices are:

1) Death, BotD
2) Death, Grief
3) Death, Death

What do you guys think? I really like the mods on Death..

Spankeh

Diabloii.Net Member
ebotdz gives you great leech, Griefz gives none
Most ppl make all 3 of those weaps, so try yourself, but youll most likely come back to ebotdz and edeathz.

Be aware, that edeathz 385% + 15%ED Sup = 400%ed is the finest offhand frenzy weapon in the game. Nothing can touch it for raw single handed maximum physical damage weapon.
But a some ppl dont use it, because they are after different mods, ie.. eg Beastz and LWz

Dual edeathz only good when using an act 1 faith equipped rogue. Too slow without fanatacism aura otherwise.

also, equip ebotdz in slot above gloves, then edeathz, as this will give higher swing rate, than other way round.

scottrick49

Diabloii.Net Member
also, equip ebotdz in slot above gloves, then edeathz, as this will give higher swing rate, than other way round.
Actually, the location of the weapon on the character screen has nothing to do with it. You want the primary weapon to be the faster of the two weapons. The primary weapon is the weapon which was equipped first. Also, the primary weapon is always displayed on the screen in the barb's right hand. Which character slot makes no difference, only the order in which they were equipped.

Spankeh

Diabloii.Net Member
wanna do even more damage to demons?
Ditch dracs, and add Laying of Hands gloves.
If your still leveling your char, keep dracs on for safety till his life is 5500+, then switch

Spankeh

Diabloii.Net Member
Actually, the location of the weapon on the character screen has nothing to do with it. You want the primary weapon to be the faster of the two weapons. The primary weapon is the weapon which was equipped first. Also, the primary weapon is always displayed on the screen in the barb's right hand. Which character slot makes no difference, only the order in which they were equipped.

...until you switch to secondary weapons and then back again.

Once you do this, it checks what is in the slot above gloves, and bases its ias from that weapon. If edeathz is in slot above gloves, you'll be swinging slower.
Equip ebotdz first in slot above glove, then youll be gg, no matter what.

Bjam

Diabloii.Net Member
You don't mention using a Torch. A decent torch will max you out from the +resists and the +3 skills boost to Natural Resists, not to mention the huge benefit to your stats and other skills (BO).

rukz

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for all of the responses I think I will go with ebotdz primary and death secondary, and as fo rhte torch, yes I need to get one, its a work in progress :)