Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Frenzy Barb Help

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by ViperSlay, Apr 26, 2008.

1. ViperSlay

ViperSlay IncGamers Member

Frenzy Barb Help

I was wondering what I should do for my frenzy barb.

As of now i use
    Arreats
    2x EBotdz
    Bo sticks switch
    30res 70gf ammy(trying to get metalgrid or highlords. Which is better?)
    Dungos
    5%Bk
    243/20 raven
    Gores
    Rare gloves 20ias 5str 12dex tri resists(should i use dracs?)
    Fort armor
    torch/anni

I also have a nice crafted ring but I'm not sure if its better than what I'm using.

Rune Knot Ring
    95 AR
    9% LL
    2 str
    11dex
    16 life
    fire resist 17

hes not quite done yet but I'm not sure what he should be using.

- My main problem is my low AR. I would rather not put a lot of my points into dex.

I'm also thinking of switching one of my ebotdz for a beastz or greifz or something else. I would like to get an opinion on this.

Also what should I do for my merc?
    I was either thinking:

faith merc (I wouldn't use beastz if I did this).

Act 2 merc:
    Which aura and gear would be best if i did this. Also would he be able to keep up with me?

2. sirwhere

sirwhere IncGamers Member

Re: Frenzy Barb Help

Act 2 offensive merc (hire normal or hell) has blessed aim aura, which may help your AR issues. Beast also gives an AR bonus by means of the fanaticism aura. Greif/beast or ebotd/beast would be nice combos, yes.

3. Stevomoo

Stevomoo IncGamers Member

hire him in normal if go 4 blessed aim he will have better stats

4. Melchior3

Melchior3 IncGamers Member

If AR is a problem ditch the BK, you don't need more LL than you have with 2xBotD + Arreats and if you can't hit you can't leech life anyway. I'd replace it with another Raven or a really good +AR rare if you have one. If you still need AR you can get some Steel GC's which give 100+ AR. Just remember that stacking +AR% (Arreat's/BA Merc) is useless without adding straight AR.

If my calculations are correct you only need 50 OWIAS to meet the fastest BP for Frenzy with that setup. Something like your gloves+Highlords Wrath+Nos Coil/Fervor Jewel in Helm. If you change a weapon to something else this will change though.
    Use the German Speed Calc to determine what the BPs are.

5. EThug

EThug IncGamers Member

EBotDz+eDeathZ Is a much stronger combo than 2xEBotDz.

6. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

Switch one Botd for a Death, it gives you a 20% AR bonus and a huge deadly strike, which makes up for not having a highlord's. Then you can try the Angelic Set which would basically solve all your AR issues.

7. ViperSlay

ViperSlay IncGamers Member

Ok thx for the replies.

So far I go myself a A2 offensive merc with Blessed aim aura with pride. He still needs a efort and eth andy's so he doesn't last too long yet. I also got highlords and a nice duel leach AR res ring. With the Blessed Aim aura I can keep the Bk and hit just about everyone ~90% in hell except baal which is like ~75.

I'm also doing about 9k each hit with this set up.

If I was gonna ditch one of my ebotdz should I get a edeathz or beastz? Which would give better damage, other pros/cons?

8. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

Assuming I've done my math right, Death would be better. Let's assume both are made in Berserker Axe and you get perfect rolls on the ED mods.

Death: 50 (eth) + 385 = 430 ED
    Beast: 270 + 186 (Fanat) = 456 ED.

So Beast does slightly more damage than Death but it's nothing to write home about. You lose 30% CB, ~45% Deadly Strike and of course the godly indestructibility. Death is slower, but I imagine with a Frenzy barb it probably doesn't matter much. Keep in mind that if you factor in deadly strike, Death > Beast even in terms of raw damage.

9. Spankeh

Spankeh IncGamers Member

Virtually everthing you just typed is incorrect, but none more so than:

"Death: 50 (eth) + 385 = 430 ED"

Your calc's for Death and Beast are out.

Here is the real figures.
    Berserker Axe damage = 24-71
    Etheral Berserker Axe damage = 36-107

Beast in Zerker @ 270%ED + 186%ED Fanat = 133-395 Damage
    Death in Etheral Zerker @ 385%ED = 175-519 Damage

Death blows beast away in physical damage, because no-one in their right mind would make Death in a non eth base weapon.
    Factor in deadly strike, higher crushing blow, low requirements to equip, non breakage, and mana leech.
    Last but not least, Death isnt slower if you equip it on off side, because off side is not checked for any on weapon IAS for the Frenzy skill anyway. (unlike WW)
    Please please be careful what you post, since your not sure what your talking about.

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  10. sirwhere

Being knowledgable is now a requirement for posting? News to me :rolleyes::cool::thumbsup::shocked:

11. Stevomoo

in that case i had better quietly leave through the back door :laugh:

12. Spankeh

Spankeh IncGamers Member

Hehe, Hillary will win the next US presidential election...

13. Stevomoo

im definatly goin then lol

14. Vespar

Vespar IncGamers Member

You, Sir, just made me die a little inside.

15. THRiLL KiLL

THRiLL KiLL IncGamers Member

back on topic.

if the merc droped the pride and got an infinity, would ar still be an issue?

16. frooglemon

frooglemon IncGamers Member

everyone hates this but... angelic set is cheap and quite useful. I got 18k with the set (i know but he's not pvp) and use a ebotdz beastz combo. I like beastz but in the end i use deathz because it doesnt break in 5 min of whacking monsters in the head. (90k to repair beastz get annoying over time)

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/frooglemo2/Uberfrnzy.jpg

hope the link works, thats my barb while i was using last wish zerker, another good but expensive choice.

the pic is without the 20% death bonus so his attack rating a little lower than usual

17. Spankeh

Spankeh IncGamers Member

Not worth the attack rating bonus, (from angelic set) with the loss of Hilords/ravenfrost.

You can boost your att rating to those numbers with charms, but you cant from charms:
    1. Increase your IAS%
    2. Add Deadly Strike
    3. Add +1 Skills

Dual Ravenfrost still gives good boost to att rating, but more so, the +40 to Dex is the clincher, especially when equipping phaseblades.

Using angelic set really is only viable for pvp ww, imho.

18. Spankeh

Spankeh IncGamers Member

Also:

1. Your life is low at 4947 because you need to put more to vitality/lvl up to 94+
    2. Your stamina is way to high, because you wasted 1 point in stamina and (i assume) 1 point in faster run walk. You should be pumping your Frenzy synergies like Taunt, Double Swing and Axe Masteries.
    3. Which leads me to your damage output. Forget LW, damage output is low (as you can see) Continue with eDeathz.
    4. Your dex is way to high, I assume you've pumped at least 50 into it, seeing you have no Ravenfrost (or do you have one on) and no anni. Worse still, your not even using phaseblades that would normally require some pumping of Dex (about 20) so you wasted those stats that you should be using for Vitality.
    5. Dracs!!! Oh come on...
    A) Now I know for sure your not hitting the final 5 fpa breakpoint. Why are you not aiming for this?
    B) If you increase your damage with LoH gloves, you wont need Lifetap to keep alive surely?
    C) Since you have ebotdz on, do you really need the +15 strength from Dracs?

Change to Dual +20 Dex Ravens, add Hilords, add LoH Gloves, keep your eDeathz on, add a xx%ED/15%IAS Jewel to your Arreats, and you'll:

1. Hit final 5fpa Breakpoint.
    2. Do more damage from LoH gloves.
    3. Leech more from more damage.
    4. Have more Deadly strike.

Then, rebuild him from scratch with less in Dex and Strength, and more in Vita. :thumbsup::azn:

19. sirwhere

~5k life is low?? Sorry, that's not true. Even a mere 3k is perfectly ok. My uber frenzier has 3.2k life, 7k AR, NO synergies whatsoever, NO dracs (laying instead) and he never, ever failed to whack the ubers. And we're talking UBERS, not random pvm. He met D-clone once and whack him in like 10 secs.

20. frooglemon

frooglemon IncGamers Member

Only reason im at 5 k life in the pic is because i took out all my 30 warcry lifers and scs. Those are res scs in my inventory because as a barb your res can suck sometimes. (i was stacking for meph) so with scs and gcs i hit around 7.2k

Also, i know that my attack rating is kinda more that needed (you follow the smack it a bunch of times until it dyes law while i like to always hit) but a 95% chance to hit is what i like. Sure is lose the attack speed but when im in frenzy mode i hardly ever notice.

i chose not to hit the 5 frame at the time because well i didnt care. I thought that 6 frame would be fine. In retrospect yes 5 frame is nice but when my life bulb never moves in 6 frame and i kill everything even with double swing, i dont mind the 6 frame.