Frenzy Barb Gear Question

Homie G

Diabloii.Net Member
Frenzy Barb Gear Question

Ok, i just recently made my first frenzy barb. I've read ash's frenzy guide and pretty much stuck to that. But now as a lvl 76 i think from an equipment standpoint he is kinda screwed up. I think the biggest problem is his AR. He only has like 4k, and i keep hearing thats not enough, so any suggestions for items (especially ones that will fix my ar problem) are welcome.

This is my current gear:

Weapons: 2x ebotdz
Switch: 2x spirit crystal swords (I'm in the process of looking for some echoing weps)

Helm: Arreats
Amulet: 25% Maras
Rings: 210Ar 20 Dex Ravenfrost, 3% ll BK
Boots: Gores
Belt: String of Ears
Gloves: Dracs
Body Armor: 1410 AP Fort
Charms: 13/14 btorch

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me. Like I said before, the main thing i want to change is the ar, and some may suggest using beast instead of one of the botds, but my friend let me borrow his beast and give it a try and I still thought my botds were a bit better. Ne way, this is my first barb, my first melee character actually, so im probably making tons of mistakes...:undecided:

Tankmobile

Diabloii.Net Member
i agree that beast isnt the solution, but an edeathz will do alot of good. irst of all is the massive 50% CB and huge deadly strike. Since u wanted AR it has a 20% bonus to AR and +50. Now....concerning the fanaticism aura lost from no beast, i think an act1 rogue merc with faith is v. good. okay, granted you lose the might aura and concentration from pride if using act2, but the AR bonus from faiths fanata is very useful, aswell as even lvl12 fanata takes you to last frenzy bp-i use highlords instead of maras though, so may b different for you.
If your still having extreme trouble hitting things (cant see why-my barb has no trouble with nearly same gear as you, cept death+highlords and faith merc) use a metalgrid for up to 350-400 AR. Alternatively, the traditional Angelic combo is always an option.
Again, i cant see why its necessary, as soon as you get a edeathz you shouldnt have any problems (still think you should switch maras for a highlords, but thats nothing to do with AR troubles)

Spankeh

Diabloii.Net Member
U need 120+ar 30+life GC's. Like 5 or more
Add some 35ar 20 life scs
Add a second ravenfrost 20|230+ar
An anni sc would be good aswell
Hilords ammy is very hard to beat. switch out your maras
1 or 2 Mastery 20+ life GC's will help as well

edeath wont help too much for your attack rating over ebotd, but it will increase your damage over 2xebotd's

crazeecracker

Diabloii.Net Member
Angelic Ring + Ammy will give you around 1000 AR, which is waaaay more then any other ring/ammy combo can provide. easy, cheap, cant really beat it.

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
I would definitely go with the Angelics over the Bk/ Maras. If you need even more AR for special occasions (such as ubers), prebuff yourself with enchant charges on a Demon Limb.

HYKO

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't know... the -25 target defence on ebotz seems to take care of things for me...

papajustify

Diabloii.Net Member
Forget angelic rings and ammy, Use Highlords, and 2 ravenfrosts or ravenfrost and a dual leech ring with a nice ar mod. These items along with spankeh's suggestions to get some charms in your stash to beef up that ar will offer alot more overall than just the angelic combo. And you dont need to go all out, its pretty easy to find some ar/other mod sc's.
Also pick yourself up a demonlimb, prebuff with enchant and then see how much your ar will spike up. its an awesome tool, but expensive to recharge.
save those runes!!

Clay bizzle

Diabloii.Net Member
Charms are your biggest thing. You will also notice more killing speed and AR if you use Beast and an EDeath axe instead of dual EBoTD's. I can't imagine Beast/EBoTD being very good. Pretty much all the other suggestions above mine are good.

Wacken

Diabloii.Net Member
U need 120+ar 30+life GC's. Like 5 or more
Add some 35ar 20 life scs
Add a second ravenfrost 20|230+ar
An anni sc would be good aswell
Hilords ammy is very hard to beat. switch out your maras
1 or 2 Mastery 20+ life GC's will help as well

edeath wont help too much for your attack rating over ebotd, but it will increase your damage over 2xebotd's
What AR rating are you aiming for ?
I have around 8000 AR and it seems pretty fine to me. I hit everything in hell over 80%. In trist i used (as per your advice) a second raven, got to 10K AR and hit them 66%, sure not great, but it's doable.

I think you just need to level your char over lvl90 for a decent hit chance.

I also don't see how you get to only 4k AR. I didn't even really think about AR before i started doing tristram.

BTW, i see people talking about AR charms. Do they have trading value for you people ? I recently sold 2 grand AR charms (around 120 each) for a soj. I was amazed and very happy i actually still had them on my mule. If i had been in space trouble, they would have been the first to go.

Spankeh

Diabloii.Net Member
I have 16k on each main weapon etheral sword

Any GC above 120 ar is sought after for most melee chars obviously including frenziers.

Not sure about hi lvl chars gives better cth (chance to hit) havent tested it, but it's possibly true.
Theres one other thing not mentioned much here, but howl in trist really is mandentory.
Otherwise you get flooded with phs immunes, like wraiths and other undead, and you end up hitting them (and not leeching) instead of hitting ubers.

Its not as critical for my set up because of my switch weapons:
1) knocks them back (via sanctuary aura)
2) ignores undeads' physical immunes (via sanctuary aura)
3) cuts any monsters physical resists by 50% (via decrepify curse)

Im getting 74% cth ubers in trist at 16k ar, and 82% at 19.5k with demon limb prebuff

Your looking good, just need to refine your barb somewhat, and youll be GG

Wacken

Diabloii.Net Member
I have 16k on each main weapon etheral sword

Any GC above 120 ar is sought after for most melee chars obviously including frenziers.

Not sure about hi lvl chars gives better cth (chance to hit) havent tested it, but it's possibly true.
Theres one other thing not mentioned much here, but howl in trist really is mandentory.
Otherwise you get flooded with phs immunes, like wraiths and other undead, and you end up hitting them (and not leeching) instead of hitting ubers.

Its not as critical for my set up because of my switch weapons:
1) knocks them back (via sanctuary aura)
2) ignores undeads' physical immunes (via sanctuary aura)
3) cuts any monsters physical resists by 50% (via decrepify curse)

Im getting 74% cth ubers in trist at 16k ar, and 82% at 19.5k with demon limb prebuff

Your looking good, just need to refine your barb somewhat, and youll be GG
I understand what the GC are good for, but i thought everyone prefered the fine charms that have both AR (although less) and damage.

Level is certainly important for the chance to hit and the chance to be hit. It's a main factor and the main reason i level my chars past 90.

Metathrom

Diabloii.Net Member
From my calculations, having 16k AR is probably enough for ubers. I'm using 2x Ravens, one Metalgrid and a few(only a few, really) AR charms and I have around 14K. With Demon Limb's Enchant or Angelics I get 19K easily, but it's not wise to lose the extra resistance from Metalgrid.

For regular PvM, 10 or 11k is probably more than enough(except for some bosses such as Baal or Diablo, but you can use Battle Cry to increase your chance to hit until Life Tap triggers), therefore in this occasion I switch to Highlords.

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
GC>LC>SC in terms of maximum attainable AR from them. Just as SC>LC>GC in terms of life. Balance accordingly.

minigator

Diabloii.Net Member
My Barb

Currently my barb is set up nearly like his, 2 EBOTDZ, Raven Frost, 30 Maras, 5% ll BK, Enigma mage plate (BLAH! Soon to be fort) vamp, waterwalk, up'd arreats, Two +3 WC javs on the other weapons set, and 7 WC GC's and it seems to work great against all pvm (Iron maiden gives me trouble) and pvp isn't the best.