French Civil War Update #551654754

French Civil War Update #551654754

Yahoo News said:
French police the target in urban guerrilla war

By Jon Boyle Mon Nov 27, 11:29 AM ET

PARIS (Reuters) - Stoned, beaten and insulted, their vehicles torched by crowds of hostile youths, French police say they face an urban guerrilla war when they enter the run-down neighborhoods that ring the major cities.

"Our role is to guarantee the safety of people and property but the great difficulty today is that police are having problems ensuring their own safety," said Jerome Hanarte of the Alliance-Police Nationale union.

Bedside television interviews with officers hospitalized after beatings in "les banlieues," or suburbs, support statistics showing a 6.7 percent jump in violent crime in the 12 months to August.

Fourteen officers are hurt every day in the line of duty, unions estimate, and law and order is sure to feature prominently in next year's presidential election.
Rest of story
Not having a civil war are they? Even Yahoo is calling it a guerrilla war now.

Let's expand on this a little. There are 751 so called "no-go" zones in France. 751 places the police cannot do their job in. Guess who controls those areas.

Mind you, this is the same country that is turning a blind eye to the rearming of the Hamas terrorists in Lebanon while getting all antsy about having a go at Israel.

Hey, at least this time when the French are defeated it won't be by people speaking German! Image France being invaded by the Germans to save them. :laugh:

bladesyz

Diabloii.Net Member
Not having a civil war are they? Even Yahoo is calling it a guerrilla war now.

Let's expand on this a little. There are 751 so called "no-go" zones in France. 751 places the police cannot do their job in. Guess who controls those areas.

Mind you, this is the same country that is turning a blind eye to the rearming of the Hamas terrorists in Lebanon while getting all antsy about having a go at Israel.

Hey, at least this time when the French are defeated it won't be by people speaking German! Image France being invaded by the Germans to save them. :laugh:

If what's happening in France is a civil war, then what do you call what's happening in Iraq? The Apocalypse?

kobold

Banned
Nice try. Changing the subject to hide your own denial isn't going to work. France is in deep poo and so few are willing to see it.
Sorry, not trying to change the subject, just didn't have a whole lot of beer value to add to the beer conversation.

I do think that they have some serious beer issues to work out with their beer people. I say that they need to do a massive air drop of pretzels into the affected areas, then withhold the beer until the trouble makers say uncle.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
So... more reason to take me up on that bet? How about $5? A few months worth of Bronze Palship?

If what's happening in France is a civil war, then what do you call what's happening in Iraq? The Apocalypse?
Hehehe. I believe that's your arse you've just been handed, Smeggles.

SmittySixTen

Diabloii.Net Member
Sorry, not trying to change the subject, just didn't have a whole lot of beer value to add to the beer conversation.

I do think that they have some serious beer issues to work out with their beer people. I say that they need to do a massive air drop of pretzels into the affected areas, then withhold the beer until the trouble makers say uncle.
I wish I'd seen this thread sooner, so that a random post completely about beer would make a bit of sense. Ah, what could have been...

Anyway, France is pretty screwed now. Before it was still fine, they could have saved their butts. However, the only thing they can really do now is start going into the areas that are the worst with excessive force. The problem is that, once they start doing that, the countries where these people are immigrating from will have a **** fit.

I don't know much about the situation, but is it even close to possible for the French government to ask for aid from the countries where the immigrants are coming from? If it is, then it might be the only real way to ensure France isn't putting its own *** on the line when action is taken.

No matter what France does, the riots need to be stopped. The violence spreading to other countries is not completely out of the realm of possibility at this point.

buttershug

Diabloii.Net Member
No matter what France does, the riots need to be stopped. The violence spreading to other countries is not completely out of the realm of possibility at this point.
It did when the riots started but I think the other countries got things under control in their countries.

Pitboss_2000

Diabloii.Net Member
What nonsense. The list of areas aren't 'no-go areas', they are plainly areas the government has indicated are 'sub-par', and have priority when it comes to aid, and funding and things like that. The list you link to is from 1996, for crying out loud.

PFS

Diabloii.Net Member
If this is a civil war then what the hell were the LA riots?

As to no-go areas - these exist in many countries (including America) in very poor and violent areas where the police (and ambulance + fire services) are reluctant to go.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm surprised he hasn't used Cronulla to show how my country is in the midst of a civil war...

Talga Vasternich

Diabloii.Net Member
So the dissenters here say that France doesn't really have a problem?
Or is it that the problem exists, but isn't all that bad?

Because I see France as having a big problem (inside its own country) on its hands and it seems to be getting worse with no realistic end in sight.

(cue the America/Iraq commentary for those wishing to deflect discussion)