Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Freezing WW Assassin

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Mislan, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Mislan

Mislan IncGamers Member

Freezing WW Assassin

Hello,

I've done a quick search and not found this problem described before, so here goes...

I've built my first WW Assassin, equipped with Chaos / Fury claws, and have discovered that if my character levels up DURING a WhirlWind attack, she freezes, mid-attack, at the moment she levels-up.

The remaining monsters, NPCs, my merc, and Shadow Master, all continue to react normally on-screen, but I cannot manipulate anything about my character. So far, the only recourse has been to quit the active game and resart it.

Additonal background: I play this character in Single-Player Mode (believe me, it took a long time to mule the necessary runes and equipment using ATMA to build her), and have tried un-installing Diablo II and re-installing it with no joy.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Can anyone suggest something else that I should try?

Thanks!

:(

2. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Hey,

Your right about the bug, and if I remember correctly, it's not restricted to assassins who use the chaos runeword. Barbarians who gain the whirlwind skill through means other than hard points (like the Bloodletter) also lock up if they level up mid whirlwind.

It's an annoyance, but when you quit, and rejoin, you've kept the levelup, haven't you? Re-installing the game will not fix the problem, and I believe nothing short of using a different skill shall change anything. If your getting close to a level, let your merc kill, or switch to a different attack temporarily.

Probably one of the more annoying bugs, I'd imagine.

3. Mislan

Mislan IncGamers Member

Thanks, Orphan!

Yes, after the freeze I still keep the levelup... I'll follow your advice and pay attention to the progress bar and back=off when I get close to leveling.

4. Yochefguy

Yochefguy IncGamers Member

I am glad to find out it is a bug and not my computer. :clap: