Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Freezing arrow help

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Prodigy, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Prodigy

Prodigy IncGamers Member

Freezing arrow help

If you use items that add cold damage, does it increase the damage of the freezing arrow (radius)? like if you used mavinas gloves that add like 6-18 cold damage, would that become part of the damage dealt to monsters around the actual attack?

2. killerxbabe

killerxbabe IncGamers Member

Yes. Any added cold damage will be added to the area of the cold splash effect. In addition you get an additional 1 second of freeze time in normal for each added source of cold damage. .5 sec in nm .25 sec in hell. So those small cold damage charms can add up to a greatly increased freeze time even in hell. Eye of Etlich also has an additional hidden mod that can add up to 10 seconds of freeze time (normal).

3. totoro

totoro IncGamers Member

So do the freeze times on equipment stack? Say, if Im using both buriza and vampgaze, do the freeze times add together? Is it and average? Or does the longest one apply? And what if I use FA on top of that? :scratch:

4. killerxbabe

Hmm... There are several ways this works I believe. Each source (mav gloves, each small cold charm) adds 1 second in normal. Then anything that multliplies the amount of time something is frozen is applied after all the sources are added together. So a perfect eye of etlitch with 10 second cold time and 2 small charms of cold damage would give you 12 seconds in normal. Double check Freyas guide at top of page, I think he has all the formulae in it.

5. Freyas

Freyas IncGamers Member

Actually, most set and unique items that have cold damage on them have a hidden freeze length bonus that is greater than 1 second. Buriza has a freeze duration of 8 seconds, ravenfrost is 4, and vampgaze is 4 as well, if I remember correctly. Eye of Etlitch can get up to 10 seconds, though it has a large range, and it's pretty difficult to determine the freeze length a specific one has(if you want to, find something in normal difficulty that can live through FA(level 1 is best for this), and wear no equipment besides the eye of etlich that adds cold damage. Time how long they are frozen, and subtract 2 seconds to find out it's freeze length).

Freeze durations do stack. For instance, if you're using buriza(8), vampiregaze(4), and 10 cold damage small charms, you will have 8+4+10+2(FA) = 24 second freeze duration. However, the freeze length is cut to 1/2 in nightmare and 1/4 in hell, and then is further reduced depending on the enemies cold resist. A 50% cold resist monster will only be frozen for half your freeze duration in that difficulty, and a 75% cold resist monster will be frozen for only 1/4 the freeze duration. If you're fighting something in hell difficulty with 24 freeze duration, you will actually only freeze for 6 seconds. If the monster is 50% cold resistant, you'll actually only freeze them for 3 seconds.

One thing to watch for is cold charms with 2 cold modifiers(ex: shivering of the glacier), which will add 2 seconds to your freeze duration. It's pretty easy to give a big boost to your freeze time with just a few charms this way.

6. DrgnMstr

DrgnMstr IncGamers Member

The freezing time stacks while using those items. I think its: gaze gives 4 sec of freeze time and buriza gives u 8 sec of freeze. remember the difficulty penalties tho

7. killerxbabe

Hey Freyas, you changed your avatar? What's this one from?

8. junji

junji IncGamers Member

[OT] it's Sakura from Naruto anime/manga. she is the weakest ninja i've ever seen. Hyuga Hinata *** kick her *** [/OT]