Freezealot Guide

aznrice1869

Diabloii.Net Member
Freezealot Guide

A freezealot is a paladin that uses zeal and holy freeze as it's aura. holy freeze freezes everything even immunes and characters usin hawkmail.
Holy freeze also adds a lot of cold damage.
This char can go pvp or pvm

Stats-
Str-Enough for gear
Dex-0
Vit-Rest
Ene-None

Skills-
Zeal-6
Holy Freeze-20
Synergies-20
Holy Shield-0-20

Equipment-
Weap
The Gnasher or a high damage +2 battlehammer
Armor
Twitchrobe
Helm
Rare helm with fhr life resists
Ammy
+2 or +1 with resists life or angelic ammy
Rings
leech rings if you use a high damage weap or angelic rings
Shield
+2 17/30/20 prism with low req
Gloves
Dual leech with resists or bloodfist
Belt
24 fhr 20 str 60 life with resists
Boots
30 frw 10 fhr with resists

This guide was quickly written and i'm sure someone is going to argue with me..... so leave me comments or requests or questions

aznrice1869

Diabloii.Net Member
mhl12 said:
perhaps putting some strategies for pvp and pvm as well?
sure

PVP
WW Barb-You have no chance unless they ww lock you, when they do just let the aura kill them. It's cheap but it's the only way you can beat them.
All Sorcs-Best chance is to just charge them and stack resists. Maybe 3 sock shields.
Hammerdin-This will be a long battle because you can't get into his hammerfield. So if he just stays in 1 spot and just spams hammer try to maneuver around them and hit him from the bottom left. Or you can let aura kill em and when he tries to run to town just charge
Freezalot-Whoever has fastest weap wins basically
FoH-3 sock topaz shield and just charge him. If he has hawkmail and max resists you have very low chance of winning unless you have a high damage melee weapon
Javazon-Your holy freeze will slow them down alot so you will win easily unless they have hawkmail and 3 sapphed shield, but you will still win.
Bowzon-Most bowzons have low damage so just charge them
Bone necros-Best pvp'ers in the game, your best chance is to charge him, you don't want to run from him because he can decript prison nd spam spirits so that's just death. Chargin is your best bet

PvM-
Holy Freeze will slow them down by over half, and you keep wacking at them so they can't do anything.
Immunes are a problem. If you are a high level you can use gnasher for the open wounds or a high damage melee weap and put might or sumthing on

PvP nd PvM weren't really helpful, they were just common sense...sorry bout that.

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
you should provide gear alternatives, not just list off items unless they are essential to the build.

Looking from the pvp section it doesnt look very viable. As for pvm, they dont kill that fast and there are cold immunes. Crushing blow//open wounds + physical damage can take down cold immunes, its true, but freezealots dont do that much dmg w/o lots of +skills. Also you probably dont reach a 5 fps zeal. the battlehammer suggestion is beyond me. You need 100 ias to reach a 5 fram zeal with a bh :lol:

Id rather use a +2 knout, which is very fast and has a bigger range.

Theres more i wanna add but im gonna go smoke couple of bowls of..err.. legal substances :innocent:

aznrice1869

Diabloii.Net Member
fredsta54 said:
you should provide gear alternatives, not just list off items unless they are essential to the build.

Looking from the pvp section it doesnt look very viable. As for pvm, they dont kill that fast and there are cold immunes. Crushing blow//open wounds + physical damage can take down cold immunes, its true, but freezealots dont do that much dmg w/o lots of +skills. Also you probably dont reach a 5 fps zeal. the battlehammer suggestion is beyond me. You need 100 ias to reach a 5 fram zeal with a bh :lol:

Id rather use a +2 knout, which is very fast and has a bigger range.

Theres more i wanna add but im gonna go smoke couple of bowls of..err.. legal substances :innocent:
for medical purposes? lol
i know all my guides aren't near accurate, but it helps other people get started, i made my first freezealot a while back and it was my favorite char

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
aznrice1869 said:
for medical purposes? lol
for my enjoyment purposes. Im not sure if talking about a certain plant use is allowed on these forums so im not gonna say anything more. im sure you people here are liberal though.

Im not even an American citizen so i dont give a rats ass about the laws here, although i respect the fact that my activities are a bad example of a role model to the kids nowadays, so i keep what i do in private.

Errr. yeah i g2g now. BB 2morrow (or later on 2nite, much later)

Fred

PetePizza

Diabloii.Net Member
My Frostzealot was absolutely unplayable in Hell due to immunes. I couldn't do enough physical damage and deleted the character.

Normal and Nightmare are fun. Zeal's a great skill, but I'm not going to make another built around it unless I can do Cold + Lightning.

Well, from what you said about about pvp, it seems that the build sucks. No offense or anything, depending on your freeze aura isn't very effective IMO.

BTW I have to disargee about bone necs being the best duelers in the game. They're not :D Theres is no BEST dueler. Not to mention, most bone necs scroll AND have aa.

aznrice1869

Diabloii.Net Member
Immortality said:
Well, from what you said about about pvp, it seems that the build sucks. No offense or anything, depending on your freeze aura isn't very effective IMO.

BTW I have to disargee about bone necs being the best duelers in the game. They're not :D Theres is no BEST dueler. Not to mention, most bone necs scroll AND have aa.

duelin with freezealots are fun for me.

and bone necs are most versatile pvp char imo. can duel melee because of bone armor. for sorcs just spirit nd spear nd eventually they dead unless they are super godly or ur resists suck. for any other char just spirit nd bone wall/prison

Murrogh

Diabloii.Net Member
aznrice1869 said:
duelin with freezealots are fun for me.

and bone necs are most versatile pvp char imo. can duel melee because of bone armor. for sorcs just spirit nd spear nd eventually they dead unless they are super godly or ur resists suck. for any other char just spirit nd bone wall/prison
I would agree that bone necros are best overall duelers.
you have to have super good gear to counter sorcs though.

aznrice1869

Diabloii.Net Member
Murrogh said:
I would agree that bone necros are best overall duelers.
you have to have super good gear to counter sorcs though.

duelin elementals can be easy if ur bm-bad mannered.
fire sorc-noko spurs 3 ruby shield
foher-3 top shield
cold sorc-hawkmail 3 saphed shield

stanzaman

Diabloii.Net Member
What about Iceblink on this build? I remember Iceblink used to be godly years ago. Would it be any good, or does Iceblink still suck?

To take down sorcs, just get a shard and spam like crazy. If you are lucky enough to get a good solid hit with follow up shots, you've got em.

Iceblinks IMO are piece of junk.