Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Freeze Zon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by geren, Apr 8, 2005.

1. geren

geren IncGamers Member

Freeze Zon

Hi guys,

Below is my intended gear for her. There is little need for versatility of other elements, as I would b using her with my frn's Lit Javazon.

Mara's Ammy
    Nightwing's Veil
    COH
    Ice Bow
    Arachnid's Mesh
    Soj + Bk Combo
    Waterwalks
    Magical Gloves (+3 Bow / 20 Ias)

Alternate:

CTA

Charms

10 x Bow GCs
    enuff 5% all res scs to max it out.

My dilemmas:

1. As shown in my gear, I would only be getting 40 ias from items (20 frm bow and 20 frm gloves). Shld i use a GMB or a Mat Bow? at 40 ias, speed for gmb would b 1 level slower than mat. However, I do have the option of socketing an Ias Jewel into my helm.

2. Also on the choice of bows, there is also the consideration of the high dex req of the Mat bow. As the bow has 'ignores target defence', I will only b having base dex.

In short, for my case, ICE Gmb or Mat?

thanx in advance. =)

*mkps7

2. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

are you using multi/strafe or fa as your main attack?
    if you are using fa you will have problems with mana leech from the looks of your equip...also base dex is not a good idea....every point in dex=1%ed...you would find hell very hard to complete with a base dex bowazon...even if she has high elemental damage

i think you may be confused about itd/dex/a/r and how they relate to each other

3. geren

geren IncGamers Member

hi dave, thx 4 ur speedy reply.

i'll be using fa primarily, and it is my bad that I did not indicate that I would b using an act 2 merc using insight to fuel my mana.

As for the Dex issue, i do understand that it increases dmg, but like lit fury fa's elemental cold dmg on explosion in not ar based. I felt that an investment in items providing skill points like Nightwings would increase my fa explosion dmg much more. M i correct? I was of the understanding that ITD works for all non-bosses, so i would presume that each of arrows shld also be dealing physical dmg to non-boss monsters. Since my gear wld not be ed based, i.e fort..etc, i did tink that an investment in dexterity would not pay off, like the way lit javazons hav only enuff dex to either wear gear or max block. Do correct me if i'm wrong. =)

4. Sokar Rostau

Sokar Rostau IncGamers Member

I think superdave is concerned with your leech in total, not just mana leech. If you have a perfect BK, and I am not missing anything, you will have 20% life leech but with the low physical damage you will have from base dex this will not be doing you much good.

5. geren

geren IncGamers Member

i do understand the concern. it is true about the life leech problem i suppose, í'd have to live wif it the way a sorc does, if i want to achieve tis lvl of cold dmg.

i was juz wondering, a Lit Javazon doesnt life leech much too, and they all seem to b coping well. was hoping to achieve likewise. the lack of a shield does pose a severe threat in close quarters.

6. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

Hey, man. I think your gear setup looks good. Insight is just what the doctor ordered for an FA zon. Oh, and screw the GM bow. It's slow and your damage is cold, not physical. I would go with mat definitely. Try to do it in a +3 Mat bow and just go ahead and put 200 in DEX. Min. str required for gear and dump the rest in Vit. I wouldn't worry a lot about your Life Leech. Everything will be frozen and if you have a good valk/decoy going, oyu shouldn't get hit much anyway...

7. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

yes insight should do the trick...you will still have to keep a stock of full rejuvs...i have had very good luck with an ice great bow...a mat will be just a little better...i really do recommend pumping some points in dex and a couple in strafe...just for the leech...with the gloves you will hit 9/3...i believe you are 2 short to shoot 9 frames normal with the equip you have listed...i shoot 8 with my fa zon and the extra speed does make a big difference...you also may have a problem with bosses...itd does not work for them....i have had limited luck with a point in ga(boosted by +skills)....remember that any physical damage you do depends entirely on your chance to hit the monster...other things dependent upon actually hitting are critical strike/CB/pmh/openwounds etc.....if you want to take out bosses with a bow that itd...you will have to have enough a/r to hit or rely on GA
    also don't forget to include adequate points in PIERCE...when an arrow pierces the FA zon really does some unbelievable damage

one other note...i am almost positive that the a/r bonus for FA is still bugged

good luck and let us know how you are making out

8. geren

geren IncGamers Member

hey guys, thx 4 ur replies, anyway, i've almost decided wif my gear, juz short of some stuff 2 b completed b4 i start her. =)

GEAR SETUP

01. Mara's Kaleidoscope 25% up (to b purchased)
    02. Nightwing's Veil 15% cold dmg (to b purchased), with 15 ias 15 all resist jewel (to be purchased).
    03. ICE Matriarchal Bow +3, 30% cold dmg (juz bought it yesterday)
    04. COH Dusk Shroud
    05. Arachnids Mesh
    06. Magical Bow Gloves (+3 bow skills / 20 Ias)
    07. 2 x SOJs or SOJ / BK combo (depending on hw Insight's Meditation works wif the different mana bases)
    08. Waterwalks

Alternate

09. 5/5/2 CTA (cant afford a 6/6 yet)
    10. Lidless

Charms

11. 10 x Bow Gcs wif mods hopefully (to be purchased)
    12. Enough 5% all resist scs to max it out
    13. Annihilus
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the above setup,

I would achieve:

1. 55 Ias - 8fpa (i suppose?)
    2. 75 All Resist.
    3. Base Str, Dex
    4. +11 All skills (with Battle Commands)
    5. +16 Bow Skills

Skill Points Allocation

Passive Tree

- 6 to Valkyrie
    - 1 to all other 9 skills

Total: 15 pts

Bow Tree

- 20 to Freezing Arrow
    - 20 to Cold Arrow
    - 1 to Ice Arrow
    - 1 to Magical Arrow
    - 1 to Multiple Shot
    - 1 to Guided Arrow

Total: 44 pts

Grand Total: 59 pts only

This is now my consideration. Juz to fight immunes, and I cant see another better place to dump my 40+ pts left, I've decided to try this out.

- 20 to Immolation Arrow
    - 20 to Exploding Arrow
    - 1 to Fire Arrow

Even with that addition, i'll b able to max everything out at lvl 89.

Do lmk wat u guys think. =)

*mkps7