Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Freeze/Immolation Zon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Arcanis Planeswalker, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Arcanis Planeswalker

Arcanis Planeswalker IncGamers Member

Freeze/Immolation Zon

I didn't really like any of the javazon builds for an amazon, so I decided try and come up w/ something different. I'm still new to 1.10, so forgive me if this is obviously a crappy/shotty build.

20 Freezing Arrow
    20 Cold Arrow
    20 Immolation Arrow
    20 Exploding Arrow
    Pre-Reqs
    1 -> all skills in the passive and magic skills tree

I know I'll have some left over, but I figure that some will go into valk and other skills in the passive/magic skills. Possibly even strafe since people speak so highly of it..

The idea (my idea, anyhow) of this build is to freeze/immolation your foes (PVM) w/ piercing shots.

Any ideas? ^_^

2. Deathlok2001

Deathlok2001 Banned

I would say go either fire OR cold, but not both. Heres why. You are not going to have enough skill points for the passive tree. You want a lvl 17 valk, a nice lvl 6-7 decoy, about 65-70% pierce, 65-70% Critical strike (its like free damage!) and about 40-45% dodge, avoid, evade

3. Deathlok2001

Deathlok2001 Banned

also you will want to max the synergies of either the cold or fire tree.....depending on which you choose.........

4. IceFires

IceFires IncGamers Member

Actually its doable, but only at high slvls.

Let see:
    20 frozen arrow
    20 cold arrow
    20 Immolation arrow
    20 exploding arrow
    5 prereq (magic arrow, guided arrow, multishot, ice arrow, fire arrow)
    17 valk.
    9 passive prereq.
    111 skill points. I believe ya should be done at slvl 99.

If ya want to have 100% pierce and high evade/dodge ya are gonna have to wear razortail and have tons into passives. Like 8 at least i believe. This kinda restricts what ya can wear. Lys bow( 2 all, 4 bow) is pretty good as are nightwing, andy's mask, and delirium(2 all) , Eye of the elitch (1 all), maras or a crafted +2 zon amulet, +2 passive gloves and passive skill charms. Basically what ya want to do is save valk for last and try to get it to slvl 17 with minimal investment. The move + passive skills, the quicker ya can achieve this. Good thing the elemental skils provides + ar, so ya really don't need dex that much.

5. Arcanis Planeswalker

Arcanis Planeswalker IncGamers Member

Thanks for the input! ^_^
    This may not be the best zon build ever, but it'll be fine..

6. Anidem

Anidem Banned

you stole my idea! i just started a char like this but i am just putting 1 in freeze and maxing out immolation and its synergies. dous freezes radius get larger per level? if so how much?

7. IceFires

The freezing raidus doesn't change. The duration does though (not through skill pts but by its synergy and cold dmg sorces).

8. slayer37

slayer37 IncGamers Member

The synergy bonus for time duration doesn't add much though (like slvl 20 adds 2 more seconds to freeze time) so it's definitely a better idea to stick with charms and gear.

9. IceFires

Oh I just have a wacky idea!
    Use Hellrack Collossus bow.

Two-Hand Damage: (89-105) To (254-300) (171.5-202.5 Avg)
    Required Level: 76
    Required Strength: 163
    Required Dexterity: 77
    Base Weapon Speed: [10]
    +180-230% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    100-150% Bonus To Attack Rating (varies)
    Adds 63-324 Fire Damage
    Adds 63-324 Lightning Damage
    Adds 63-324 Cold Damage
    +20% Increased Attack Speed
    Level 18 Immolation Arrow (150 charges)
    Socketed (2)

The most important mods on it are the lvl 18 charges and the adds cold/fire dmg as that will add to skills with splash dmg. It is a slow bow, but those charges act like ya physically put in 18 skill points into immolation (for explosive skill synergy bonus) as long as ya don't put a point into the skill. Similar to the marrowwalk bug and the Baezil's Vortex's nova charges (for chain lightning). So that free up 20 points in a frozen arrow/explosive arrow build. I recently obtained helll rack, I'm thinking of building that kinda zon after my mav one.

10. mgill1772

mgill1772 IncGamers Member

hi all, ive play mage zon in 1.09 b4 synergy was there and have been considering trying again as there are few monster that have both fire, ice and phy imunity.

I think that maybe u can skim some of the valk if u use an a2 merc, or some DR in yer set up but will be hard if u wanna go for highest skills

Ive have also considered makin a heavily focused Ice girl, but i havent checked if u can get ice damage bonus from partial set, I dont like armor or bow much but would use armor glove and belt if i had to, but i was thinkin upd buriza, night wing, ravenfrost, along those line, i dont kno if just armor belt and glove gives bonus yet, any way good luck but i dont see the mage build successful w/o ormus, maras, soj for mana and bk for life yer skillers, strong bow possibly upd lycander for skill or wf cuz its the best or botd fires fast w/o other ias, then hat i say, shako, andy, night wing, and its already getting to be pricey, has me interested now. I ve heard about Hand of justice bow and firezon could be really cool with strafe added i think but seems outta my current price range.

11. Anidem

Anidem Banned

SWEET IDEA! you could have an almost maxed explosive arrow 1 in freeze and still a ton for the passives!