Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Freezadin's are fun!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by cannedviction, Jun 3, 2005.

1. cannedviction

cannedviction IncGamers Member

Freezadin's are fun!

I've played, had much fun, and loved a lot of characters. Blocked thousands of swings and dodged millions of hits with my trusty shield. Kicked monsters in the face with boots the size of Texas. Screamed in the faces of monsters and made their ears bleed. Burned their loincloths off faster than a Fallen can say 'rakanishu'. Built armies and castles of dead creatures and peoples' bones. Threw lawn darts into Baal's backyard, occasionally missing and hitting his house. And went Trick o' Treating as a werewolf in the tiny church down where Diablo handed out candy to everyone.

But this one made me revel in delight. A gratification that I had never reached as of now. I read up on that Holy Freeze pally strategy by Kitriara. Why not just have monsters sit still, dumbfounded, while you pound their asses into tiny ice cubes? I talked to other paladins, saying I'm gonna be an awesome paladin using Holy Freeze. They pointed and laughed. "Ha! I'll believe you when we visit and see that Hell does freeze over," they said to me. Well, the second I could arm myself with a decent amount of IAS and my Tan Do Li Ga... hell had actually frozen over!

And Baal really does look like a slideshow when I hit him. :D
    Oh oh! And I saw something funny when I killed one monster and it shattered.. even the shatter animation slowed down major! I saw tiny ice cubes on the floor! See?? The ice cubes stayed there too. I expected them to melt.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/mezzozin/Screenshot024.jpg

Uh, yeah. I posted this just to say more people should play Freezedins because they are cool. Ahem. Pardon the pun. >_<

2. phatbrava

phatbrava IncGamers Member

yeah, i became fond of freezadins some while ago too.
    btw, do you have maxed zeal?
    have you upgraded your general's tan do li ga?

3. SimontheBulletFreak

SimontheBulletFreak IncGamers Member

I used Kit's guide for Frost Zealots for my very first SP Pat and yes, he is awesome! Max your crushing blow, Holy Freeze and Zeal. It's like hitting a somebody walking around in concrete. Quite cool. BTW, I believe that monster from your pic died as a result of your aura and that is reason for the cubes animation. Rock on :thumbsup:

4. robdylan

robdylan IncGamers Member

I use Nord's Tenderizer on my standard Fanatic Zealot, which has pretty much the same effect against anything that isn't cold immune.

5. bolo1122

bolo1122 IncGamers Member

When i first read it , i was like "no way", :lol: after trying it on sp, it really got me excited. I never did like Paladins, even tho they have their good points, i just didnt prefer them. But this guide gave me a good inclination and i love frost zealots.

6. Dave in the basement

Dave in the basement IncGamers Member

Has anyone had any luck with them, going the untwinked route? I would like to try one using the runeword Mod, but I don't have many items to choose from at the moment...

Thoughts? Thanks!

Dave :teeth:

7. Boulos

Boulos IncGamers Member

Wouldn't a Freezadin be great at hunting chipped gems? Just run around Act I Normal with your aura on and pick up the chippies as they fall.

BTW, does anyone hunt chippies anymore? Or did 1.10 make this a waste of time?

8. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

If you just start a new character and play normally you'll find more then enough chipped gems through normal, there isn't much need to specifically run areas for them.

9. Boulos

Boulos IncGamers Member

I guess I used to cube all those up to make full rejuv's and larger gems. I know in 1.09, people would use scores of chippies to try and roll a Cruel weapon.

10. cannedviction

cannedviction IncGamers Member

I managed to max out zeal and holy freeze. Also upgraded my Tan Do Li Ga. Just wow. I can pretty much say it might last me until (or even keep at) end-game when I start looking for much higher end equipment like Astreon's Iron Ward.. *drools*

Even then, the slow target 50 percent on the Tan Do Li Ga is very fun to have.

11. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

Hoes the slow on the weapon stack with holy freeze aura slow?

In pvp as well?

Fred

12. midnightvulture

midnightvulture IncGamers Member

I'm pretty sure it does fredsta.

mv

13. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

This is an extremely item independent build, capable of running Hell WSK with just fists. Your only problem will be AR, easily solved by Angelic Ammy/Rings. Good ladder runner, which translates into good untwinked character.

-GG

14. Stringfello

Stringfello IncGamers Member

well, isnt this good timing

i myself was just about to say how i found the build guide for frost paladins, and how i just cruised through normal and nightmare...however in my excitment, i just continued through the game into hell, and i cant seem to survive very well anymore...

ive got all my major skills maxed, like zeal and freeze, as well as resists cold and 10 points into salvation, but my resists are just to low...i use a sureshrill frost for my weapon (the freeze +3 is sweet), while trying to make the Black runeword...i also cant seem to find any of the crushing blow items

but overall, i would have to say that this build was alot better than the barb builds i started playing with

15. Zertuals_Ovrlrd

Zertuals_Ovrlrd IncGamers Member

+1 to "List of Builds I Must Try." :lol: :thumbsup:

Z_O

EDIT: I love the name the guide uses: "Freezealot" :wink2: