Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Frames for Characters utilizing "foreign" skills?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Corrupted, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

Frames for Characters utilizing "foreign" skills?

Does the class make any difference?

Are the breakpoints the same on all classes, say if I'm using Passion's Zeal or Berserk or Kingslayer's Vengeance?

2. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Pretty sure they are different according to class, however I don't know where can you find the info.

3. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

The break points differ also the frames per each cast differ.

You really have to give a clear character skill case to be able to determine the actual breakpoints and how fast that character can use those skills. for instance, a necro and a barb using teleport are much different in speeds compared to each other at the same FCR.

Oskills are wierd and take some getting use to, I have been playing around with my passive barb and firewall its kind of fun to play with. Been a pain to get use to using firewall with a barb, they are different in feel compared to a sorceress.

4. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Wow, a firewall barb, dont see many of them running around..
    Is there a ready source with breakpoints for the Oskills lying around? Ive wondered a few tinmes how much FCR i should use on some skills.

5. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Well I only have him together until I can get my defensive aura paladin to a high enough clvl, to put him together as a mage paladin. Once he is complete I think I will be producing a magibarb just to prove it can be done successfully, heck I might write a guide after completing that insane build.

You should MP with me sometime I will show you the passive/firewall barb. He only deals 600 damage but He can handle Nightmare at players 8 and Hell if I take my time at players 1, hes only clvl 69 right now.

6. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Ok, if you can host then just name your time. i should be getting my broadband active within a week so hopefully i'll be hostable from then on. (they sent me the modem and instilliation, but said they still need to check the line damnit)

7. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

I was more thinking of IAS.

I have this idea going about making a Kingslayer (Vengeance)/Enchant melee Sorceress.

*Slams the RTB+Thrugg Bell*

Edit: Vengeance has the same BP's as a normal attack? I see light at the end of the tunnel

8. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Thats my problem I am under AOL and am having terrible times trying to host, seems no one can enter my games, and I get about 6 different IP's when I hit the different WhatsYourIP sites.

9. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

We had that prob w/ SBC, they use a variable IP at the "low montly rate" and you can pay more than twice as much/ month if you want a fixed, or you can pay $10 more and have a fixed w/ a cable modem instead, sometimes certian routers can fix this problem but that's not very cost effective either.
    ps. I'll ask goltar, (I'm not completly sure of our specs, etc.) but I'd be willing to host you both.

10. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Sorry to go OT, latest update on my broadband. i got the modem. i got the line activated, i got the drivers installed. The line connecting the modem/PC to the phone socket is too short, and there is no way of extending it or moving the PC, so i still have no broadband!!! however, tomorrow my dad is going into town, so i'll force him to pick up a longer lead while he's there.

11. goltar25

goltar25 IncGamers Member

Our IP address is dynamic, renewing once a week, but it's almost always the same address (I actually don't think it's changed in the 6 months we've had it). The problems would be the firewall, which I can open ports on if necessary, and NAT, which I'm not immediately sure how or even if I need to do anything to work around that. I'll check the MP games thread to see If I can find the info I need, and I can pm the IP address to you once the game is up.

12. AlterEgo

AlterEgo IncGamers Member

Come on - let's get this thread back on topic. :rolleyes: The four of you can discuss your connectivity issues elsewhere.

13. JihadJesus

JihadJesus IncGamers Member

Sorry for the ressurection, but I thought it'd be better than starting a whole new thread. Ive done some looking in the pally forum for berzerk breakpoints, and just found a vague 'with a lvl 27 fanat and base 0 weapon I think you only need 20 IAS' type of thing. Do these oskill breakpoint charts really even exist?

14. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

All I know is that the cast rate of Teleport for an amazon absolutely SUCKS! (or was it the cast rate paired with an extremely bad block recovery speed with a swinging weapon?)

15. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

It's definitely the cast rate...it's 19 frames without any FCR :eek:...

16. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

I don't think anyone has set up any breakpoint charts for oskills. Your best bet is to head over to the stats forum. I was able to get the Zeal B.P.s for a sorc using a Giant Thresher there.