Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

frames calculator?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by jerichob, Nov 19, 2006.

1. jerichob

jerichob IncGamers Member

frames calculator?

What on-line frames calculator are you using? Where can I find one?

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

What exactly do you mean with online frames calculator ? And to which parts of the game mechanics are you referring to ?

You can find a lot of speed breakpoints in the Strategy Compendium (see my sig). Regarding attack speed, you can find an IAS calculator here.

3. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Although digging this up in the Community Forum is the Search function's idea, I've found some confusing information from the Ingame calculator. I'm testing a Druid using Windhammer, and found that Shaeling it receives 5FPA/5APS in Fury mode without additional IAS, so clearly there's a difference between WIAS and nWIAS (I'm assuming it has to do with the EIAS table). The page, though, waits until I set IAS to something like 55% before saying 'further IAS useless.' Is that just a reminder, or am I getting the maximum attack speed with a Shael'd Windhammer using Fury (4FPA impossible)? This is really a question about the calc, not so much about Druids.

4. Armor_Biff

Armor_Biff IncGamers Member

I think when it says "further IAS useless" it means IAS socketed into equipment other than the weapon itself (the ias for that needs to be selected in the Wias box anyways when using fury).

I dont think you can get 4 FPA with a Windhammer even if it is socketed with a Shael. The "werewolf" skill also affects attack speed, but I think even the max level 99 would not be enough... which you could not get with legit play anyways....

:goofy:

5. Ax2Grind

Fanaticism is the only other thing which affects IAS, and SIAS is supposed to be considered the same as WIAS, correct? A SLvl5 Werewolf wearing an +80%WIAS ogre maul using Fury would need how much from Fanat, and would OIAS help that any?

6. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

That's what I thought too.

Stupid Blizzard, why must they make everything so idiosyncratic? I think it's because a lot of people work on the game and the left hand never knows what the right hand is doing.

7. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Fanat doesn't affect wolf attack speeds (well, it might, if you had an exceptionally slow weapon with no ias anywhere, but not in a practical situation). A shaeled windhammer gets down to 8/5 fury. You'll get the same speed if you socket it with an ias jewel. Without any ias in it, you get a 9/5 fury.

8. Ax2Grind

So, 8/5 is the fastest, and +15%WIAS gets that, but nothing else short of a load of OIAS would equate to the same frames (not even Fanaticism/higher Werewolf)? Even then, 9/5 without any other source is still fast, so I guess I should take the remaining questions to the Druid forum, as the calculator issue is pretty much done for now.

Thanks.

9. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Is this with Werewolf skill at base?

10. Ax2Grind

Can't use Fury except in Werewolf form, whereas Fire Claws can be used in either bear or wolf (I'm told Werebear is faster, hence the point). SLvl1 Werewolf, boosted by +skills and without Lycanthropy (don't want more time in wereform), using Fury with a Windhammer.

{Off-topic}The entire point is to max Tornado, Hurricane, probably Cyclone Armor and etc. IOW, this is the opposite of the Fire Claws fire caster using Hellfire Torch synergies, as well, instead using Twister synergies to allow the damage and length of stun and freeze (from Hurricane) to make it a caster/melee blend. No real FCR is needed outside of the weapon/shield switch, since CA is once-and-forget, Twister will come only from the Windhammer, Hurricane is the every-fifty-second spell, and it doesn't help Arctic Blast's damage per second, leaving only Tornado. Doubt I'll need a Spirit for this build, but wearing Windhammer means he'll have the strength if I design the final build with it (probably will).{/Off-topic}

I don't want to last longer than forty seconds in wereform since I can't recast Hurricane, unlike Armageddon, so this is going to be one hell of a balancing act I need to get right the first time, hence I want to make sure I absolutely do not need more then +15/20%WIAS to reach the fastest possible attack speed. If any faster is possible, I need to know.