Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

FOX News Subliminal Message

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sokar Rostau, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Sokar Rostau

Sokar Rostau IncGamers Member

FOX News Subliminal Message

How I ended up looking at subliminal messages in Disney films on YouTube I don't remember, but one of the related videos was more than a little interesting.

FOX 5's intro graphics have a subliminal picture of John McCain and his wife. Coincidence? I think not.

2. Voorhees

Voorhees IncGamers Member

Re: FOX News Subliminal Message

If this is subliminal, then what is the message? Vote McCain? I hardly think people are going to vote for McCain simply because his likeness was bestowed upon them. Aside from that, it would be wasted on it's audience even if it was a subliminal message. More likely it's just a splash of current events in the intro. Fox tends to lean conservative, so it's not too surprising that they chose to use McCain.
    I get a kick out of these people. Recording programs they don't even like, from a station they don't even like, just so they can go over it with a fine tooth comb. The desire to find something relevant often leads to making much out of nothing.

3. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

1) News broadcasts often show images from a number of recent news events in their intros/outros/teasers/commercials.

2) It looks pretty darn clear that the intro had to be cut short. Probably for timing reasons. So we only saw part of the intro, and that part happened to contain McCain's image.

4. Tanooki

Tanooki IncGamers Member

I think the problem here is people don't understand what "subliminal" means.

It really doesn't have anything to do with hypnosis or rubbish like that. It's just something that's around the threshold of what you can see or hear. To qualify for "subliminal" you have to be able to see or hear it 50% of the time.

As for that McCain image, there's no proof that a split second image has any influence on squat. It isn't even visible without freeze framing (unlike the McD's ad which is clearly visible.)

5. Road Ratt

Road Ratt IncGamers Member

Who watches Faux news anyway?

6. DufresneXV

DufresneXV IncGamers Member

Fox News leans conservative, because all the conservatives apply to work there. There are some Liberals such as Alan Colmes at Fox news, but I would agree most are Conservative. NBC News/ MSNBC are far left liberal, with no consevrative or Liberal Republicans, only Liberal Democrats. CNN, ABC and CBS are also left leaning media stations run by liberals Democrats (sometimes far left liberals.

I should also point out that before Obama went on Fox News Sunday, Far Left groups bullied and intimidated the Democratic candidates into boycotting Fox News. Democrats refused to go on Fox News because the far left threatened to blackmail/ give them bad publicity if they appeared on Fox.

Liberal stations like NBC won't hire Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity or the other right wingers, which his why Fox News was created. Fox News was created to provide an alternative to the biased left wing media. Just watch NBC News, and you will see like 90% of the time they are advancing the Liberal side of the issue, while bad mouthing conservatives. NBC news is in the tank for Obama, and is doing everything it can to support him without publicly stating its doing so. If you watch CBS, ABC or CNN, most of the time they are talking about Obama and the Democrats, with little in the way of support for the Republicans.

There is also a decline in credible and honest journalism in the media. A perfetc example is the New York Times article on John McCain.

O'Reilly dominates his time slot, and constantly leads in ratings compared to whatever the other stations show at that time.

Since 4/5 media stations are left wing, all the people wanting the Republican point of view have to watch Fox News. Having 4 Liberal stations also means they have to fight each other for the Liberal viewers (this leads to bad ratings), allowing Fox News to goin and grap all the independents, moderates and Conservatives.

Newspapers like the New York Times are also heavily influenced and run by Liberals.

When looking at NBC/ MSNBC, ever notice how they have that question mark after the article title, well thats a lame attempt to portray the issue is controversial. Just remove the question mark and look at the title, which will tell you what they believe.

For instance, look at the General Clark comments. Obama spoke out against them, but now MSN.com is running an article titled "Military service: A diminished campaign asset?" Remove the question mark and MSNBC's point of view is quite clear, even reading the article will tell you that they are supporting Clark's comments without actually admitting to it.

In essence, the media is and will always be biased, as long as its profit oriented and run by people with political loyalties and ideologies. Stations want to be the first to publish an article, which tends to mean some articles get printed when they should not have been.

Or, you could support Nany Pelosi's argument that we need a fairness doctrine because Republicans and Conservatives run the radio stations and easily squash the Liberal radio stations with superior programs. Notice how Liberals dominate the TV's and Newspapers, yet Pelosi has no problem with that because her side benefits. However, whenever the Republicans have an advantage, she is up in arms complaining.

7. Road Ratt

Joe Scarborough, a conservative, had a show on MSNBC from '03-'07 called Scarborough Country. Bill O'Reilly has worked for ABC and CBS, he now works for Fox news but no longer reports the news.

8. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

It's the Overt Message they send that bugs me.
    The I'm Smart enough to know I'll Get ahead by not worrying about ever underestimating my viewers intelligence one.

9. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

To CNN's credit, they employ Glenn Beck. Although he seems very much removed from the CNN image. Sort of like when the 700 club shows up on the ABC Family Channel.

10. TakeMyCrabs

TakeMyCrabs IncGamers Member

Source

I thought facts were supposed to be reported, not written...

11. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

It's Editors that make the problem that way.

12. kavehtabriaz

kavehtabriaz IncGamers Member

Well these thing only happens in FOX news. AND going off topic ,one of the fox news reporter claimed obama had a terrorist fist jab and a guest in fox wanted obama dead along with Osama.I don’t see these thing happens lets say in CNN !God forbid if MSNBC said the same to McCain.

And to all people saying CNN and ABC ,MSNBC are far left . That Might be true, CNN is in middle though no gona argue over it though, but at least CNN , MSNBC treat their guests like adults and don’t call them names or cut them off.

Fixed thanks

Last edited: Jul 4, 2008
  13. moo-cow

moo-cow IncGamers Member

quest = guest?

14. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Haha, that's funny.

Probably not deliberate of course.

15. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

I planned it all. Making a point with my minions.

16. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

CNN realized they were leaning so far left that they were in extreme danger of becoming indistinguishable from MSNBC, albeit with sexier n00zbabes. Who better than Beck if they want to shake the impression - and besides, Beck does a lot of crying and puff pieces, so it's not like he's being a Olbermann-like bombast monkey 24/7.
    MSNBC? If it's not something going up Matthews' leg, then it's Olbermann ranting, telling fat jokes about Roger Ailes, or his "Worst Person in the World" segment? Perspective is everything, which is why FAUX employs both Gerry Rivers and Gretastein - Murdoch really <does> want the pretense of "fair and balanced".

17. DufresneXV

DufresneXV IncGamers Member

Thats part of my point, Fox News tries to appear fair and balanced, but the other news networks do not. Its obvious many of the people at Fox News are Conservative, but they make a point of emphasizing that they do have some Liberals, and that they want to portray both sides of the issue. The other news stations make not claim about being fair and balanced, nor do places like MSNBC/ NBC and the New York Times highlight the Conservative side.

When looking at Iraq, MSNBC/ NBC and the New York times focus on all the negtaive results/ news. When things go bad, its front page news, but when things are going well, its barely even mentioned or just plain ignored. Those outlets are supporting the anti- Bush, anti Iraq crowd, so good things happening in Iraq does not help that message.

Would a fair and balanced media outlet or a media outlet practicing credible journalism have printed the Moveon.org article attacking General Petreaus?

Before the troop surge, most of the left wing media and politicians were hard core lets get out, and said the surge would fail. They called the surge a failure before it even began, to try and derail it from working. Now that is has worked, the left is only reluctantly admiting it.

I will admit I don't watch the left wing media that much, but watch Fox News all the time, so my opinions may be a little biased.

18. Road Ratt

Fox is no more fair and balanced than any other news station, in fact Fox news isn't even a news station IMO. They have one(?) news show that actually gives you news, the rest of their shows are political, commentary, etc. . CNN doesn't do news that I know of, neither does MSNBC, even CNN's Headline news has become more commentary than news. I've watched them all and the funny thing to me is that when it comes to politics they have their left/right slant but for the most part come to the exact same conclusion, meaning you could watch any channel you want and get the same ****. :p

19. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Yeah, it's Mission Accomplished alright.

20. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

I don't agree, but I definitely see where you're coming from. The reason I can't is that a lot of the pundits <do> provide different information; you just have to follow up what they spew with your own research (a time consuming task which the traditional media don't want you to perform). For example, I wouldn't have heard that we've had over 6,000 U.S. casualties in two years thanks to the Mexican border wars if I wasn't watching Glenn Beck. That's a magnitude higher casualties than the fallen soldiers in Iraq at the worst point in the occupation.