Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Found out my mates 13 yr old sister smokes... crap.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Aradhai, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Aradhai

Aradhai Banned

Found out my mates 13 yr old sister smokes... crap.

Okay if my mates not lying (very sure he isn't) then his 13 yr old sister smokes. Big deal you may say. I don't really know why but I have this huge thing against smoking... anyway my mate (whos 12) doesn't want to talk to her about it and I really think he should. What do you all think I should do?

Edit: I also think that this is a big deal in general, young teens smoking. Something needs to be done about it.

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

They smoke crap? thats just freakish....
    And young teens will always smoke, it makes them feel more adult and at 13, it impresses there friends. Its there life, let them ruin it.

3. Damotta

Damotta IncGamers Member

I agree, there's really very little you can tell a person of that age to make them stop smoking. Sure you can explain all the health detriments, but at an age where kids are most concerned about impressing their friends and being "cool", most good advice will just run through one ear and out the other.

But hey, cant hurt to try. Give it your best shot. Let her know why not to smoke. Just know that the decision is ultimately up to her.

4. UserMathias

UserMathias IncGamers Member

Try doing something completely bizarre and unusual.

By the way, how old are you, that your mate is 12?

5. Aradhai

Aradhai Banned

I'm 13. And I know that people my age are arrogant little sods but you have to give it your best shot. Thanks.

6. UserMathias

UserMathias IncGamers Member

Make yourself very cool in her eyes, and then convince her that smoking is not for cool people. Or not.

This is basically the part of your life when you should realize that you don't have much influence over the habits of people that aren't your friends.

You could continue down this path of self-righteous moralism, but it's a very shady road indeed. Filled with people who get very annoyed by you.

7. skihard

skihard Banned

tell her drinking is better than smoking it wokred for me.

8. Aradhai

Aradhai Banned

lolz just to clear things up i dont know his sister at all. im just a very caring person :D. naah i'll let her ruin her life... and laugh when she dies of lung cancer :p

9. Agateryon

Agateryon IncGamers Member

I have people on my class who started smoking when they were 10 :rolleyes: i dont see what people like about smoking...

10. Satans_Advocate

Satans_Advocate IncGamers Member

'

tell her to smoke weed instead... its much healthier for you and actually gets you high :thumbsup:

11. Tutatis

Tutatis IncGamers Member

Ok, does she smoke weed or that smelling ciggars?
    ok again, this time to more serious things: that with being mature if you smoke isBS. She should go read a book or learn .NET at 13, she would be way more mature. As for "impresses"->it only impresses the superficial&brainless ones, and I don't advise you to have such friends.

12. nrabbit

nrabbit IncGamers Member

you can't like ciggys when you are ten. they were only trying to be cool and attract attention. that is why most children from 10-13 years old start smoking.

13. PatMaGroin

PatMaGroin IncGamers Member

Smokin cigarettes is about the dumbest thing you can do. I have the recreational 'gar every now and then, but nothing regular. Nothing like a Swisha Blunt while youre playin golf or bowling. Mmm, sugar tipped goodness...

14. farting bob

farting bob Banned

When i was 13 (no too long ago..) I couldnt afford to smoke, even if i wanted to. And dont try to educate or warn the kids about smoking, they've haerd it all from the schools and if they want to smoke, they will, no matter what you say.

15. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

theres nothing much you can do about it, its already too late. She's already got the rebellious mindset, so therefore anything her parents tell her not to do she will do anyway.

16. myleftfoot

myleftfoot IncGamers Member

Very few people like ciggys when they start.

17. Aradhai

Aradhai Banned

I don't think its so much the rebbellious sort of thing, I think its the addictiveness. I asked my mate if he can sit down and talk to her calmly etc, but I really doubt he will. Hmm if they banned smoking...

naah, we'd just get loads of illegal imports and we'd have to set aside australia for prisonors or something lol.

18. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

Yes, let’s ban everything that doesn't suit the ultra fanatic health freaks’ interpreter the correct way of life. All hail rules and control!

I'm sorry to come off like this, but I'm so sick and tired of how smokers have been stigmatized over the last few years.

What is truly the problem with her smoking? She is just a teenager, and teenagers are supposed to be rebellious and do stupid things, such as smoking. Just thank God she is not snorting coke. She will eventually grow up, realize she’s addicted to nicotine and moan her own stupidity in her early teens – it is her choice, and her loss!

Bloody sick and tired of society picking on everyone not living life exactly by the book. Next thing will be the poor buggers that spend too much time at the local McDonalds will not be allowed butter on their popcorns. Bah.

I don’t hope anyone took my rambling personal, just had to blow some steam. I can’t believe I burned my 1000th post on this. *frowns*

19. nrabbit

nrabbit IncGamers Member

banning ciggys won't help. marijuana is banned in many countries but still a lot of people smoke. plus you get addicted to ciggys after at least 6 months unless you smoke three packs a day

20. Agateryon

Agateryon IncGamers Member

you can see anything in my class now... now i have a girl in my class who is dating with a 27 year old guy (she's 14Y) :rolleyes: