Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

found my first ever high rune

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by tomersss, Feb 12, 2017.

1. tomersss

tomersss Diabloii.Net Member

i dont know if this is spam or not as i am new to the forum but im so excited!
    i played diablo 2 for years upon years on bnet and have never self found a high rune. i always traded my items for what i needed and i had very good gear.
    however, i recently started playing single player with a bow amazon(witchwild string FTW!) and i just found a vex rune in lower kurast. my first ever! im thinking of making a HOTO with it as i am using imule to keep items i find. however im also really interested in DEATH and i was wondering what type of barbarian it will be most suited to.
    cheers!

Noodle, T72on1 and cdfvortex like this.
  2. Brak

Brak Diabloii.Net Member

Congrats.
    You'd probably get the most mileage out of a HOTO, but I think Death is a pretty fun weapon. Downside is that Death has no on weapon IAS, so you either get a slow massive damage attack and miss out on the Glacial Spike and crushing blow, or a fast weapon and miss out on obscene damage potential given ethereal and chance at 385 ED.

If it were me, I'd put it on a Frenzy Barb to take good advantage of the CTC Glacial Spike, and 50% CB. A Zerker would probably also work well as the Glacial Spike would offer some nice crowd control. Finally if you want it in a big nasty slow weapon, make a Flying Boyooka (leap attack). This weapon would also be useable for a Charger Pali.

3. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

Congrats.

I agree with Brak. HotO would be your best bet. But Death can be fun as well. Used one on my Frenzy Barb for a long time, and it was a great match.

4. Mezion

Mezion Diabloii.Net Member

Be sure to show us what you did!

Heart of the Oak is the obvious, flexible choice here.
    Death is pretty stylish but it depends on what you plan to build. While I never played with one myself, it sounds pretty brutal with an act5 merc.
    Silence is a less stylish but very flexible choice as well, since it does a bit of everything, kind of a toolbox runeword (6 so, any weapon, gives you +skills, damage, leech, mf, hit recovery, crowd control, name it...). Its less spectacular than Death for sure but its interesting.

If you feel very patient, Breath of the Dying is also a possibility, if you get lucky on your new hr drop. Might be an interesting choice if you don't know what to do with the Vex for a while. Also, you might be able to find or cube another Vex and so, get up to Ohm instead.

5. Gripphon

Gripphon Diabloii.Net Member

If you don't plan on playing much - make Hoto
    If you do plan on playing much - save for CtA. CtA will influence your characters like rarely anything in the game and runes are not exactly that rare if you are willing to put in some hours into diablo. It is possible to get Vex+ like every 2-3 hours by doing efficient superchests LK running. It is not unusual for some players to farm even 2+ of high runes per day that way.

thefranklin likes this.
  6. tomersss

well my first char is an amazon since i wanted to stir away from the cookie cutter sorc/pally.
    right now im lvl 85 with her and i can kill pretty much anything ide say but it takes a while since i dont have godly gear. i might make a sorc just for mf runs..

7. pickadyp

pickadyp Diabloii.Net Member

Death is excellent on a Zeal Paladin because the lack of IAS is made up for by Fanatacism. Look for an eth Ettin axe, which will get 5 sockets from Larzuk. It will be difficult to hit the max attack speed frame, but it's possible with offensive aura charms and the right gear. Even if you don't hit the max attack frame, you'll wreck everything with 100% crushing blow and deadly strike.

thefranklin likes this.
  8. tomersss

holy crap! just got this from a corpse in lower kurast! ohm rune.jpg

T72on1 likes this.
  9. thefranklin

thefranklin Diabloii.Net Member

Nice, there is your CTA! And there is an item find thread that people post these kinds of finds in. Of course we don't mind introductory threads from new members :)

/kicks shins
    /grabs ohm, steals wallet

pharphis and T72on1 like this.
  10. Mezion

Mezion Diabloii.Net Member

Jesus Christ I need to run LK more seriously.

11. tomersss

last post i swear. might not be the best but its mine :)
    call to arms.jpg

T72on1 and Timinator like this.
  12. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

I actually hope this won't be your last post ;).

Congrats on the CtA. It will enable you to find many more HRs ...