Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Found an old java...

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Still-Xey-Lover, May 29, 2005.

1. Still-Xey-Lover

Still-Xey-Lover IncGamers Member

Found an old java...

Dense Maiden Javelin of Swiftness - 30 ias, +2 java skills, increased stack size

It's level 30 required and my first thought is a cs zon. I literally have no susts left but i am thinking of making this zon with the following gear: the java, deaths combo, twitch, pcrown, +2 java ammy or a +1 zon ammy, 1-2 sojs, level 31 for wwalks or ck boots if level 30, on shield i'm thinking of using whistans or sig shield (shaeld) or a rhyme grim shield, but i'm already using deaths combo. The bps for CS (normal attack) are either 50 ias (a minimum for me) and the bp after that is 90. If i put an ias jewel in pcrown and twitch, and use 20 ias +2 jav gloves i can reach the 90 bp. If i use deaths combo and an ias jewel in pcrown or twitch i can reach the BP. Which combination of gear do you think is best? Stats are the usual, i could probably keep them very low if i don't use sigs (high str).

2. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Maybe Bladebuckle + Rhyme + Bloodfist instead of Death's combo ?
    Wouldn't go with Sigon's personally...

You'd lose 20% IAS though, but gain a ton of stats, FHR and life.

I think that would still get you that 50 breakpoint, but the 90 would be out of reach... Would allow you to go with other socketing than IAS ones.

3. Still-Xey-Lover

Still-Xey-Lover IncGamers Member

Hmm, i would still need 1 ias jewel because i would only get 10 from bloodfist and be 10 short. Still, i would gain lots of life + stats + fhr. I guess it comes down to either more speed (dmg + kill chickeners?) or more life. I think i'll go life because i don't have any charms and i need all the life i can get. Besides, if this zon is using 2x sojs i dont wanna lose them anytime soon...

4. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Doesn't twitch have 20% IAS ? ;)

5. Valar-Wrath

Valar-Wrath IncGamers Member

Hell freezes over when Xey stops making dueler threads. :D

Spam +1

6. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Didn't it already when 1.10 came out ? :uhhuh:

7. ~Foxfire~

~Foxfire~ IncGamers Member

You might even consider Angelic ammy/ring, and 1 soj. The 75 life is damn near irreplaceable, and there's the 10 dex for you as well.

I'd definately go deaths, if for nothing else, the cannot be frozen. Your attack rate won't mean anything if you get hit by something cold. As for shield, look around for a 3socket/block tower shield. I'm not sure what the price is on your realm for those, it took me about 5 hours to shop one manually. And I think that the extra 1 lvl for ww is worth it, that's a huge life increase and you're not going to scare off any duelers with the difference of 1 lvl (If indeed the reason for a specific lvl is getting duels and being able to kill). Oh, also, if I remember right the spearmaiden's prefix (2jav) on gloves is lvl 30. Might be worth the extra ias jewel for 2 skills.

8. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Aren't Waters lvl 32? Also +2 jav ammies don't exist.

I don't see the benefits of getting an AToD for this build. The str req is high and what would you put in the sockets, Eld runes?

I would take dmg over speed on a CS zon, otherwise you're not going to get any ears. That means get some +2 jav gloves whatever it takes. Aim for the 50% bp, go to a high enough lvl to use Waterwalks, and throw on a PCrown obviously. Depending on the amount of ias on your gloves you can either use Vipermagi or Twitch. In fact, the increased blocking on Twitch might allow you to get away with a 'Splendor' Shield, which would be a whole lot better than Sigon's for +skills. But then you'd have to use Death's Sash for CBF.

It all depends on your gloves, but I wouldn't bother with that 90% bp. You'd just end up chipping away at people until they ran out of juvs.

9. PawnOfChaos

PawnOfChaos IncGamers Member

ATOD wouldn't be worthless, you throw in ias jewels (personally i might bring it to a 3 sock kite of deflecting for the extra points in vit). I'd definately go with ww's, 15 dex and 65 life is a beaut. I like 90 fps for this, you could hit twice before the chickeners lameness could kick in.

hmmm...
    Twitch (20)
    your javs (30)
    shield (45)
    = 95 ias - hell, if you used bfists you could drop a shael in the shield in place of a jewel

That could leave open some other slots for you. (string/bladebuckle- not sure the fhr points and what you'd be shooting for)
    I don't always use cbf, especially in the 30's with string being available, increasingly I've noticed the noobish duelers (lots of people wealthy from the long ladder and looking for some fun) won't bother to put any cold damage on them.

I too think that going 2 angelics + soj may be a better idea, i'd say it hinges less on damage lost and more on where your dodge/evade skills will be at w/o it. Worth looking into at least. A shame that AR is pointless...

10. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

No, because the Leafs still didn't win the cup ><