Found a Perfect Halaberds Reign... is it a good helm? is Arreats better?

Snarlin Stef

Diabloii.Net Member

i mean... i know that leech is useless... so that makes no difference to me (pvp)

but overall im looking at the other class specific items.. and it just seems that the original class specific items from 1.09 are just better and less rare (cept for deaths fathom and a good echuta i suppose)

but i rant...
all i want to know is if this halaberds reign (perfect) is good or nah not really

thnx
stef

AuraAllan

Diabloii.Net Member
I´d say

Arreats > Halaberds

I cant see why you should choose Halaberds over Arreats.

I´m suprised to see the stats on Halaberds...... They are not good at all.

~AuraAllan~

illa

Diabloii.Net Member
Defense: 384-432 (varies)(Base Defense: 114-159)
Required Level: 77
Required Strength: 174
Durability: 50
(Barbarian Only)
+140-170% Enhanced Defense (varies)
Replenish Life +15-23 (varies)
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
+2 To Barbarian Skill Levels
+1 To Masteries (Barbarian Only)
+1-2 To Battle Command (Barbarian Only) (varies)
+1-2 To Battle Orders (Barbarian Only) (varies)
(Only Spawns In Patch 1.10 or later)

;) arreats is still nicer imo

FattyMcGee

Diabloii.Net Member
yes, arreats is superior to that helm by far.

It is disappointing that many of the new items are far rarer than the old 1.09 exceptional uniques, yet aren't nearly as good. look at the unique mat bow for example... bleh :grrr:

--fatty

Fire_Dragon

Diabloii.Net Member
Perfect Halaberd's is an amazing helm (notice I say perfect). The +23 life regen coupled with other life regen items can be crucial against high poison dmg opponents (be they monster or players) and regaining life quickly is overlooked. When I duel I like to use alot of life regen, If I need to I can run off briefly (with other guy hot on my tail) and regain some much needed life to close out the duel. Cheap to some, but whatever... Also this perfect helm coupled with 2x +3 warcry weps gives amazing warcrys, don't overlook this!

Snarlin Stef

Diabloii.Net Member
how does regen work?
23 regen = 23 life per second gained? big whoop thats nothing when you have 3k life.... its like .75% life regen persecond lol.. seems useless to me..

unless im completely wrong.... which i bet i am.. so please explain how this regen can be good with some *rough* numbers... (just need to see the concept... not the exact numbers if you dont have)

i guess a +2 BO halberds can be a sweet prebuff helm at least

thnx
stef

Origin

Diabloii.Net Member
Snarlin Stef said:
how does regen work?
23 regen = 23 life per second gained? big whoop thats nothing when you have 3k life.... its like .75% life regen persecond lol.. seems useless to me..

unless im completely wrong.... which i bet i am.. so please explain how this regen can be good with some *rough* numbers... (just need to see the concept... not the exact numbers if you dont have)

thnx
stef
actually its worse.. all that gives only 2-3 life per second :|

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
Origin said:
actually its worse.. all that gives only 2-3 life per second :|
which while running away is a lot if you have 50dr//high defense and such that can eqqual another hit or two when you jump back into combat

ventilator

Diabloii.Net Member
Snarlin Stef said:
how does regen work?

thnx
stef
Replenish Life + X is actually X/256 Life per Frame or (X/256)*25 Life per second which is roughly X/10 Life per second

AzrealChrona

Diabloii.Net Member
I only do about 2k damage with my barb, and i found the extra leech to be awesome in pvp. 6% * 2000 = about 120 life leeched, which would take about 12 seconds to recover with the life replenish mod. And furthermore, arreats gives 30 to all resists as well as some nice stat bonuses

Snarlin Stef

Diabloii.Net Member
leech in pvp... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.... too bad it doesnt work in pvp. ;)

DemonSlayer

Diabloii.Net Member
....Halaberds is a great merc helm....if its eth....but arreats is clearly better...it doesnt take a genious to figure that out.

katanadaishi

Diabloii.Net Member
For a barb nothing comes close to Arreats, even a perfect Halaberd's.

But...there are other nice helms out there that could almost be at par with Arreats.

Delirium is very fun to have. Extreme crowd-control. Doesn't get "funner" than this.

Perfect Crown of Ages. Oh yeah!

Andariel's Helm. Ultimate anti-poison "device".

If Halaberd had the potential to give +6 to BO and other barb mods just like CTA, that will be a different story. But it doesn't :p

Har-Megiddo

Diabloii.Net Member
I would consider wearing it if I were PvMing in a party only because a barb with the best gear is overpowered enough he can use that helm to give the higher BO and BC to his party.

Snake-Byte

Diabloii.Net Member
Don't forget to take into consideration the defense you can get from a halaberds. Perfect, and ethereal. This helm can get quite a bit of defense. Well over 600 iirc. That's nothing to scoff at, especially on a helm with +2 to barb skills, +2 to battle orders, +1 to combat skills, and +2 to battle command - which saves you a skill point! :idea: The only down side to this is you have to Zod it. So it's up to you - do you want the +2 to barb skills, 20% attack rating, +20 strength, and +20 dex off of Arreats, or the huge defense, +skills, saved skill point, and life regen. (which does add up, by the way. Consider a duel lasts 30 seconds or so, and you get 3 life regen per second, thats 90 life. I wish I could count the times I've won, and lost duels by less tha 90 life.

elessar99

Diabloii.Net Member
"Don't forget to take into consideration the defense you can get from a halaberds. Perfect, and ethereal. This helm can get quite a bit of defense. Well over 600 iirc."

perfect eth halberds ~ 644 defense right?
perfect eth upgraded arreats ~ 756 defense...

or am i doing this wrong?

upgraded arreats:
(168*1.5) for ethereal
*3 for +200% defense