Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Found a Lem, did I waste it?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by WolfenMonkey, Apr 29, 2005.

1. WolfenMonkey

WolfenMonkey IncGamers Member

Found a Lem, did I waste it?

I simply wanted to upgrade something, but my lack of a Lum made me go for the armour upgrade instead.

Well, I upgraded my Skullders and my DR rocketed up to 8.3k, but now I'm having second thoughts(a bit late for that I guess).

Do you guys normally do this? What other armours would be suitable for upgrading(Excep. to Elite)? I was thinking Crow Caw, nice and rare mods for an armour I think.

You'll probably want to see it, so here it is:

Skullder's Ire
    Balrog Skin
    Defense: 1175
    Durability: 44 of 90
    Required Strength: 165
    Required Level: 64
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 87
    Fingerprint: 0x36324897
    +178% Enhanced Defense
    Magic Damage Reduced by 10
    +60 Maximum Durability
    24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
    Required Level +7
    +1 to All Skill Levels
    111% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based on Character Level)
    Repairs 1 durability in 5 seconds
    Socketed (1: 1 used)

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I think it's an okay way to spend a Lem...it's not the most useful rune around, unless you want to cube it up. Mostly Barbarians and Paladins should consider upgrading their armor, because without some kind of %enhanced defence it won't matter all that much.

Crow Caw, doesn't seem like a good armor to upgrade...I'd rather do Shaftstop or Duriel's Shell.

3. Immortal_Slayer

Immortal_Slayer IncGamers Member

Err i personally think that is a waste of runes and a skulders...That's coz only sorcs and necros really use skulders, and defence to them is no issue, and upping it means a higher strength requirement...I supposed you could put it on your merc...

Other armours i used to upgrade on bnet were shaftstop, duriels shell and maybe vipermagi...The other armours are either equally useful non upgraded(rockstopper or vamp gaze) or the elite armours were superior to them...

Crowcaw isn't a good armour for upgrading because it's considered a 'heavy' armour...Which means it reduces your run/walk speed and increases stamina useage...And the defence on it isn't really worth it...I'd just keep it as an exceptional armour....

-Slayer

4. chicagofan51

chicagofan51 IncGamers Member

If you have a Barbarian or Paladin that can take advantage of the high defense it's fine, otherwise, I would have saved it for a "Lionheart" (very useful mods) or "Stone" for insane defense (or certain Druids), or upgrade a Duriel's...

For a MF Barb, an uped Skulder's is pretty sweet if you don't need resists from armor.

EDIT: Disregaurd the runewords, I misread Lem as Lum (silly me)

5. WolfenMonkey

@ImmortalSlayer
    I guess I should have stated my main char is a lvl 89 MF barbarian, Skullders is the only clothes he is willing to wear. He is a stubborn old bastard, I guess that's why he always stands in the middle of a huge pack of demons thinking "I know I'm bleeding, but my armour is strong enough........hmmm......what did you just do to me?!? Don't poke me with that stick! I'll ask my master to upgrade my metaljacket".
    Maybe you doubt that a barbarian knows that many words, but hey! I trained him!

6. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

Well, if you are happy with it ... then you didn't waste it. :thumbsup:

- Are you going to wear the upped Skullders for end-game MF'ing?
    - it's a great armor but when upping it the str reqs gets a little high. So, if you already took that into consideration with the use of charms or a - req jewel or other items then it's not bad.
    - my main mf'er uses a Skullders but it's not upped because he's not supposed to get hit. Much.

Besides, you can find another Lem anyways. Or do lots of Countess runs.

7. Immortal_Slayer

Immortal_Slayer IncGamers Member

If your MFer is a Barbarian, then it should be ok...What type of barb is it/

-Slayer

8. WolfenMonkey

He's a frenzier, baranars and ali baba, 2x gull on switch. He's doing Meph, countess and the occasional pit run and players 8 Eldritch for the exp.

Killing can be slow, but rewarding. I have a 2nd baranars, but I'd rather kill evrything with more Mf than switching to gulls from time to time(I do this for bosses though). Grail is 63%

9. PyroStock

PyroStock IncGamers Member

Nothing wrong with an upgraded Skullder's, especially for a MF Barb.
    If you had upgraded CrowCaw, then that would have been a waste, IMO.

10. farting bob

farting bob Banned

I think any useful high def exceptional is good for an lem. skullders may not be the best chocie, mainly because the characters most likely to us it, but it will make a nice merc armour, and will be nice for a hammerdin or Mf barb, both of which shoudlnt be worrying about the reqs. druids might find a use for it as well.

11. NeckRomancer

NeckRomancer IncGamers Member

skullder's is a nice MF armor and Lems aren't that useful like they say. but the added defence IMO isn't worth the upgrade, plus upgrading just increases the str req of the armor.

i'm looking for an eth skullder's, since it would give me the higher def without the need for upgrade runes or 165 str. it is obviously harder to find though. :rolleyes:

12. TehKree

TehKree Banned

Defense is highly over-rated and by upgrading Skullders all you're doing is making yourself put 70-odd more points into strength that could have gone into vitality. In saying that, however, Lem isn't rare at all and you could probably find another one quite easily so it's no great loss, I guess.

13. ron

ron IncGamers Member

Upped Skullders is good for merc armor, if you can't wear it on your character. Maybe not the best use for the lem or skullders, but certainly not a waste either.

14. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

Upgrading armours is never really bad IMO, its just that lems don't fall from trees.

Skullders is 90% used only for mf and if my char's a melee one, even the def would help esp if you're a pally/barb.