Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Found 2 High level runes!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Nesjan, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Nesjan

Nesjan Diabloii.Net Member

WOW, after only finding 5 high level runes in my life in 15 years, 1 every 3 years basically. I have found 2 in the last week playing my Zealot! i have actually found my 3rd Ber rune (not sure why but this is the one i always seem to find), and i just found Jah Rune!! Which is the highest rune i have ever actually seen! I cant even believe it really. This is the first time i have ever had 2 high level runes with the same character! Now i am thinking i can make a really good runeword, but seeing as i have never had any ammunition of this type i am looking for some suggestions. I am currently running Diablo with Weapon-upgraded Headstriker, Armor-Guardian Angel Templar, Helm-Shako, Shield-Tiamats, Boots- Goblin Toe, Gloves- Magnus, Belt- Goldwrap, a couple Ravenfrosts and a magic amulet with all resist and +skills

WHAT SHOULD I MAKE IM PSYCHED!?

Reyz, drmalawi, Kitteh and 4 others like this.
  2. necrolemming

necrolemming Diabloii.Net Member

If you have any longterm goals in this version of the game, you should consider Enigma before anything else.

ffs, T72on1, GalaXyHaXz and 2 others like this.
  3. Nesjan

Long term goals in SP for me would be run Hell until i have good enough equipment to start moving up to players 4, 6, 8. i have heard so much about Enigma and i just looked it up it looks pretty darn good

4. Locohead

Locohead Diabloii.Net Member

If you're holding Jah and Ber, it's really difficult to argue against using them for Enigma. Choose your armor base carefully based not only on defense but ease of equipping on multiple chars.

That said - your weapon kind of sucks. But the good Jah options I saw needed Lo.

Also - recent patches have multiplied HR drop rates up to 10x. So that's why you're getting more now. They aren't nearly-unattainable like before. Now they just take a lot of grinding.

5. necrolemming

necrolemming Diabloii.Net Member

For normal questing, Enigma's probably not going to do you a whole lot. Its value comes from letting you farm efficiently with classes other than Sorcs.

In the short run, Chains of Honor is probably the best melee Paladin armor you can make, but Enigma's going to be substantially more useful down the line.

6. fearedbliss

fearedbliss Diabloii.Net Member

Yea I would make Enigma immediately just for the mobility independence on every character.

7. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

Agreed.

8. okey

okey Diabloii.Net Member

Enigma Mage Plate. It's easy to wear, only needing 55 str. It also has a mix of affordability (won't cost you your bank as Archon or any other Elite armor would) and a respectable defense value.

9. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Defense 200 points Defense PvM is irrelevant. Enigma Light Plate / Breast Plate FTW.

10. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

Defense doesn't matter indeed in PvM, except for some specific builds. But Mage Plate is only 55 str. So it doesn't matter too much if you make it in a Light Plate or Mage Plate. Breast Plate is just as good, but I don't like the looks of that one.

11. Kitteh

Kitteh Diabloii.Net Site Pal

As before, Enigma if farming, something else if just playing fun characters through the game. Although, I'm not sure that CoH is a top choice for a zealot, resists are far too easy for a Paladin, so what it gives you is reasonably limited. Perhaps if you insist on using the Ber for your zealot (self found only?), but otherwise, just keep it for something else.

12. drmalawi

drmalawi Diabloii.Net Member

Well considering that CoH gives dmg aswell as life leech and dmg red. One could use a 4 sox pala shield with ED and AR and socket it with some nice ED jewels for even more dmg overall while still maintaining very high resistances :)

My bets: Chains of Honor or Enigma (same as the other posters suggestions)

13. Kitteh

Would 300%ed to everything from Fortitude not be better than 100% or 200% to one group? Unless of course there is a funny mechanic that I'm unaware of - I do so like funny mechanics :p Again, leech is too easy to get elsewhere. The ed% for Paladin shields isn't worth it, plus, resistance is better and also more applicable to future uses of the item.

drmalawi likes this.
  14. drmalawi

Yes it would be better but why not do something different :D

Kitteh likes this.
  15. Kitteh

After years of efficiency and power builds, this is what I do now haha There are so many great items that people often never use because there is something better.

drmalawi likes this.
  16. drmalawi

And OP did not mention if he/she runs runeword mod, so Fortitude might be out of the question.

Kitteh likes this.
  17. zoo

zoo Diabloii.Net Member

I have a few questions.

1. Are you planning to transfer equipment from your Zealot to other characters later on?
    2. Do you have access to ladder only runewords?
    3. Do you feel like there is something specific that your current gear is lacking?

18. Nesjan

I play untwinked SP with no mods so Fortitude is out of the question. I also do not transfer equipment or runes, they are self found, so the Ber and the Jah rune must be used on this character. My weapon obviously sucks for this point of the game. Enigma is tempting but CoH only takes the Ber rune than i am wondering if there is a good weapon Runeword that the Jah can be used for.

19. helvete

helvete Diabloii.Net Member

The big str bonus from enigma also means more damage, unless you're using bows.

20. ioupainmax

ioupainmax Diabloii.Net Member

Respec to a Hammerdin and make an Enigma, do I get a cookie?