Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Found 15ed +3 atk superior phase blade

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by hkthui, Apr 15, 2008.

1. hkthui

hkthui IncGamers Member

Found 15ed +3 atk superior phase blade

Is there any way to put 5 sockets on it, or no matter which method I use, I will always get a 6 socket one? BTW, the phase blade is found in hell baal throne room.

2. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Re: Found 15ed +3 atk superior phase blade

Sadly, yes. You cannot use the cube socket recipe on it, since it's superior, and Larzuk will always punch 6 holes in it.

3. mainaman

mainaman IncGamers Member

great wepon for last wish , too for the zeal/smite uber paladins

4. Alc

Alc IncGamers Member

The 15% ED on that will mean an increase of what, 4 average base dmg?

If I was going to spend 6hrs on a runeword I'd want to make it in something with more serious base damage, like a berzerker axe. A LW PB will work for ubers, but at that price there are way better options.

5. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

If you wanted damage you wouldn't be going with a Last Wish anyway, you'd go for Grief. People use LW PB because of fast speed and indestructibility. It's pretty inferior to other weapons outside of ubers.

6. mainaman

mainaman IncGamers Member

like what?
    you free your glove/shield slots for better things than exile/dracks, by using LW, not to mention free fade....last wish is ultimate weapon for ubers , its established already that even tho its expensive nothing can beat it.
    If you want to do pvp grab grief thats obvious.

7. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Oh yeah? Well, I think Grief is superior for Ubers, but that's just my opinion.

8. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

For 6oS weapons, there are only three choices: Breath of the Dying, Last Wish, and Silence. There's no point to wasting gems, jewels, or non-word-making runes, as you're talking about a perfect superior.

Breath of the Dying wastes all three of the major advantages of the runeword: speed (phase blades already have that), enhanced damage (PBlade base is the lowest of all 6oS weapons), and indestructability (ethereal weapons are ideal because the word has no charges);
    Last Wish is much better in other weapons, but has no IAS - the only reason to ever to put it in a PBlade;
    Silence has a few abilities that can be beaten by cheaper words, but none have them all together and others like gauranteed blinding, skills with high resistances, and great mana recovery.

I've already accepted Silence as the only choice for PBlades barring needing a fast Last Wish on ladder, but it has decent damage, speed, and hit recovery for melee and Might/Life Tap/Crushing Blow can be found on other sources. It and BotD are your only choices on non-ladder and the latter can be ruled out completely.

9. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

I agree that grief is superior for ubers.

10. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

Just curious...what would you use for gloves and shield if you use LW? I cannot imagine any good gloves besides Drac's...so you tell me. As for shield, you'd probably use HOZ. You can probably switch Guil Face to Coa, but that's not anything groundbreaking in itself, besides the resists. Well, Dracul's gives enough Lifetap so you can use HOZ anyway. If you want free fade, you can go with Treachery. So as I see it, you can use Grief and get a very powerful, flexible and useful melee weapon for anything, but you will be stuck with Dracul's (show me your gloves you use with LW that are SO GODLY that you must use LW for lifetap). Or you can use Last Wish, burn off six HR's, and get an uber whacking weapon that isn't better than Grief in any way.