Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

forums rules question: is this a cheat/hack?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by ToastedTacoGuy, Apr 30, 2005.

1. ToastedTacoGuy

ToastedTacoGuy IncGamers Member

forums rules question: is this a cheat/hack?

there is a program that shows when items drop so that you dont always have to hold down alt and hope you dont miss any golds/greens. this program also turns charms purple and runes orange so that they are harder to miss. is this program considered a cheat? i wouldnt think so since i have heard of people being allowed to use the red rune mod, which i think turns runes red or something like that so that you can see them? i would like to use this program, because it makes it much less stressful to find items, but since it is a third party program i figured i would ask what the policy is on this first, the forum rules don't really outline exactly what is and isn't allowed since this doesnt fall into the maphack, trainers, or editors category. if this is frowned upon i don't want to use it, so let me know!

2. ron

ron IncGamers Member

You can do whatever you like on your computer. If you use the Red rune mod, just make sure you let people know, as it may effect MP games, and trading. Thanks for asking, I and many others here on the forums appreciate you taking responsability in keeping these forums a great place to share the game.

As far as different color charms, or a program that lists what drops, I have never heard of it. I am sure others can offer advice, but it sounds to me like something that would be frowned upon.

3. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

You have to remember that everything that alters your normal game mechanism is a hack/cheat/mod/whatever. The redrune-mod is accepted by alot of people here since it doesn't alter alot of the game. However it still is a mod that helps you play the game.
    As you can see I will strongly suggest against the use of any game altering methods (RRM, any mod that will help you detect items, enything), however others will tell you that they use it too and see no problem with it.
    Whatever you do on your computer is your buisness, noone can stop you if you feel you can be more productive or have more fun by hacking the crap out of the game... Personally if a Ber drops and I don't see it because there are too many items on the floor or I just forget to press alt then it is My fault I didn't see it, making the game spawn the name in red .. well... against it.
    You must also know that alot of people consider items found while using this mod are tainted. They won't trade with you, or even want to MP with you. They prefer the items being found without any help outside of the normal game and the person sitting in front of the screen.

Anyway.. do what you want, if you decide on using a mod, tell people before you MP or trade.

4. farting bob

farting bob Banned

I would have no problem with you using it, just like the red rune mod, as long as it only a graphical mod, i cant see any problem. However, others wont like it and you should mention it if you ever trade or MP, even recieving a giveaway you should say that you use it.

5. ToastedTacoGuy

i have decided not to use it, since the program it is part of is a hacking program that makes the game pick up items for you. you can turn this feature off, but just because that was its original purpose i am not going to use it.

6. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Right decision! :thumbsup: And no problems for you while trading / MPing.

7. Kremtok

Kremtok IncGamers Member

Isn't there also an FAQ for this?

8. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Don't you know that every forum has this secret feature that hides anything resembles FAQ to non-mod members?

9. ToastedTacoGuy

like i said, the forum rules were not very clear on what was and what wasn't considered ok, it listed maphack and editing programs in the faq, but i was curious about this program because it seemed along the lines of the red rune mod.

10. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Hehe cool down, was just yanking your chain. :lol:

11. Condor

Condor IncGamers Member

Probably, but unless you press the ALT key while reading the forums, you won't see it. :lol:

Well, I supposed you could use the Red FAQ Mod so it is easier to see. :thumbsup:

Condor