Forum updates!

Neksja

Diabloii.Net Member
Forum updates!

Hi!

I thought there could be discussion about the updated forums. What do you think about the changes?

I'm not used to it, yet, so the whole forums look like a strange place at the moment. Can't navigate properly right now, for example, I tried to find how to leave a trade feedback, but I didn't find it at all! (not that I have to leave a feedback now, but noticed there isn't the number link anymore) And user profile didn't help either. Am I just blind or is it temporarily removed?

Smilies, I don't like the new smilies at all, and I can't type :sad: anymore because it's : ( nowadays. Am I supposed to learn the the "codes" for smilies again?! (sarcasm)

Haven't decided my mind about the look of the forums yet. Have to get a clear opinion first :)

Tell me what you think!

Drystan

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Forum updates!

I'll get used to it. It's just new, which is why it looks strange. The ad on the left doesn't bother me at all anymore.

The one thing I don't like at the moment - active users list is down the bottom, instead of up the top.
Smileys are also irritating, but I like the old ones. I don't like the new :thumbsup: especially.

lionheartthebrave

Diabloii.Net Member

The default reply box seems even smaller than before, but that can be solved by clicking the arrow

I agree about the user list, esp. since I like to MP, and looking at the list tells me whether there could be interest in it

Another annoying thing is C:\ProgramFiles\Diablo II\...

Haven't tried feedback yet, but that could be annoyin as well

Still, it feels fresher and cleaner for some reason

EDIT: I'd like to see the feedback numbers next to the profile in the SPTF

Last edited:

Morathi

Diabloii.Net Member

Yeh that add was annoying at first but i got used to it.

I however don't like the online members being at the bottom of the page. Its maybe because i am so accustomed to it being at the top or i just don't like scrolling down every time i want to see who is online.

I do however like the online/off line faces and some of the new smilies are cool, but i have to agree i don' the new ":thumbsup:", but i just use ":thumbup:".

Neksja

Diabloii.Net Member

seriously, where the heck is trade feedbacks?! I must be blind :shocked:

edit. from Thy, she's waiting to hear from Elly, if the feedbacks are coming back.

Last edited:

Mursilis

Diabloii.Net Member
I agree the new smiles for who is on/offline are a tad childish, the glowing dot was better. At least it's been moved to the bottom of your information instead of right next to your name. It's visible, but not in your face, which is nice. (no pun intended)

The reply text box is alot better though, so I like that change. It was incomplete before where you had to mouse over a button to get it to appear.

I'm still a bit annoyed by the Title pieces for all replies. You have to manually erase it to keep it out of your post. I can see needing a Title for the original post, but the replies really don't need to keep reminding us of what topic we're posting in.

Overall the forum does look more professional and cleaner that is used to, so that's a good thing. The add to the left is still annoying me a bit, as it does cramp the posts a bit, but I'll manage and it doesn't detract too much from the overall feel of the place.

However I did think this guy :alright: was giving me the finger originally.

I do miss the emotion ":hide:", wish we could bring that one back.

SiTro

Diabloii.Net Member

Re: feedback

Take a look at this post by NagisaFurukawa in response to helping out kanonfutter a month or so ago. I think the method discussed there fails now as I can't see the "View Rating/Profile" link anywhere.

However, the second link in that post will take you to your own trade profile, and once you're there you can get to anyone elses by adding their member number to the end of the address, after the "u=".

Hope this helps. I'd suggest being even more careful if you use this though, it's a workaround for a workaround. :D

Morathi

Diabloii.Net Member

What are peoples thoughts on the online members being down the bottom of the page??

IMO i don't like it....

Neksja

Diabloii.Net Member

What are peoples thoughts on the online members being down the bottom of the page??

IMO i don't like it....
I actually like it, since I don't check often who is online. When I need to know, if someone's online, I'll just ctrl+f his/her name at the front page :)

maxgerin

Diabloii.Net Member

I trust it's just a matter of time and getting-used-to, as with all changes we encounter.

However, I am one with the issue about the on-line marker being placed in such an inconspicuous place...and I'm kindda irked with the smiley face...just a bit... :)

--maxgerin

Mursilis

Diabloii.Net Member
I like the change, as it makes the different forum sections that much closer to the top of the page and therefore less scrolling is required to access the SPF (as an example). If I truely need to know who is online, as Neksja said, ctrl+F is used.