Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Forum Newbie

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Skips, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Skips

Skips IncGamers Member

Forum Newbie

I is Skips. yeah...me Skips.
    But yeah hi Im Skips, been reading here for about a week before I could be assed to actually go and get a non-hotmail account, stupid thing.

Recently decided that I just love necromancer soooo soooo much, they rock! ...so I guess this is a good place for me, just thought Id say hi. My army is growing daily, well it got sorta truncated after I figured out that maxxing revives wasnt a good idea and restarted, 26 revives, you try and control it without teleing etc. X| I was wasting soo much time with TPs it wasnt funny, hey look a corner...and there goes half my summons boosh. But its all good, my new one will do better and the one after that will be better still Im sure. This is getting kinda long winded so Ill leave it there for now.

:yep: ROCK ON!!!! :yep:

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

Have fun with the experimentation on your Necro. If you feel that you need a push in the right direction, read the Stickies and then come and ask us. Enjoy playing your Necro.

3. Skips

Skips IncGamers Member

ok Ive designed a build can anyone give me a yay or nay, I know that trangs is possibly not the best for a summoner but well...it will do I guess, just wanted to have a little fun with the whole vampire thing, also its obtainable and I dont have much to trade thats worth anything.

skeleton mastery 20
    raise skeleton 20
    raise skeletal mage 20
    iron golem 20
    revives 5
    clay golem 1
    golem mastery 1
    summon resists 1
    amplify damage 1
    iron maiden 1

full trangs - helm, armor, shield,belt, gloves

wand - arm of king leoric/gravespine/blackhand key
    boots -
    ammy - good +necro
    ring - SoJ/Bul-Kathos
    ring - SoJ/Bul-Kathos

61 str
    75 energy
    rest vit

the rings are optimum, at the moment Im using a dwarf star and a manald heal. The idea is to use 4 +5 str charms if I can get them for the str to weild the trangs, along with the bonus that the wing gives itself.

Any help would be appreciated. I havent seen anything exactly like this in the forums. I was thinking a thorns merc as well, wasnt sure if iron golem and thorns aura from merc would stack or cancel though.

4. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Put only one point in Revive. The plus Skills will give you more than enough. They only get in the way of your Skellies.

The points in IG are wasted IMO. IG really isn't that good of a Golem. Clay tanks a lot better with a much smaller investment. IG's damage is nothing to write home about, unless you sacrifice a good unique. Put those points in CE and curses.

For a Merc go with Might.

5. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

your build looks fine, except tweak the following:

no iron golem, get a clay golem
    no revives, they are ********
    1pt iron maiden is a wasted point
    1pt decrepify is a great way to spend a point OR MORE...(hint)
    max your blocking (very helpful for archers and such)
    get a might merc, thorns blows compared to might

check some of the stickies to answer questions as to why I'm saying this..

g

p.s.
    welcome, and good day.
    :drink:

6. Skips

Skips IncGamers Member

yeah the only reason I want IM was cause with my last necro I got to level 63 hit hell and bam couldnt kill even a fallen, seriously I was steamrolling till then and then it just...stopped, admitedly its possible I wasted about 30+ skills...max summon resist, max revives, I know now that after a certain point the resistance stops going up, I think its 20 and that the plus 7 skills I had at the time were completely wasted.

20 skele mastery/20 summonresist/20 revives/1 everything else doesnt work...as I found out. I think that basically I made the anti-summoner, perfectly what NOT to do. Completely forgot about amp till level 60 and then accidently spent it on Dim View instead and then saw attract thought...ooH!!! then found out it didnt work...well not for more than .75 secs in hell or somthing stupid.

me: attract
    enemies:kill them!!!!
    *it wears off*
    enemies:kill him!!!!
    me:aw crap

I just wanted to make somthing unusual therfore somthing not in the stickies, that was why I was wondering about making a damage return army. but your right it probably wouldnt work.

7. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

First of all, there are 2 builds that are good with full Trang's set...Venomancer and Summoner.

Also, you need to get Decrepify...is great on bosses(though I use mine most of the time).

Might merc is the only real merc to use as a Summoner(though some still like the Prayer merc)

The only merc that you really need is a Gumby(though there are those that swear by a Fire Golem).

Unless your wanting to lag people...only 1 point is needed in Revives.

HoSv1

8. Skips

Skips IncGamers Member

I know this is gonna cause some controversy and therefore I will hide in my bunker, but out of those three wands which would people say is the best?

9. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

arm of king leoric if you can get over the stupid bone wall thingy. i use it. it's not that hard to not get hit.

g

10. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

I use the Arm for my Summoner(just watch out for being hit though) and Blackhand Key is good also.

HoSv1

11. Dark Knight

Dark Knight IncGamers Member

Welcome Mr Skips :wave: