Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.
Let’s face it, we’re all chasing something in Diablo 2. Some pursue the ever-elusive “grail,” while others amass fortunes in MFO’s and other tests of skill and endurance. But for everyone, it’s the thrill of the hunt and the danger in the journey that keeps bringing them back for more. This is a tournament designed to challenge even the most experienced of explorers, and should not be entered lightly. Luck will play a role, as it always does, but careful planning, creativity, and patience will also be rewarded. So if this sounds like something you’d be interested in, by all means proceed. But be warned, this will be an adventure unlike any other.
1. HC, or SC with disqualification upon first death. Your game is finished upon dying or completing all the Quests and Cows for each difficulty level. At that point your score is set and you cannot earn any more points.
2. Single-pass, untwinked only. (You may sprint from a WP to an uncleared area when starting a new session. Keep kills to an absolute minimum while maintaining safety, but all treasures are off limits) If you need to S&E to not die while running through a previously cleared area that is acceptable.
3. You may defer completion of "rewards" quests (Charsi Imbue, Anya Personalization, etc.) and return for the rewards at any point, but remember that you will not receive points for certain quests until the reward has been used.
4. ATMA/GoMule may be used as an extended stash
5. You may sign-up any time but can only enter ONCE. Choose wisely.
6. Version 1.10+, RRM/RWM/FAM allowed. No MP or Trading.
7. Save + Exit to avoid death is NOT allowed, and results in disqualification from the tournament. (you may, however, S+E if running from a previously cleared area and you get yourself in trouble.)
TOURNAMENT SPECIFIC RULES
1. You are only allowed to use items/equipment/gold found in “treasures” or items given to you as rewards for completing quests. Under no circumstances are items/gold dropped from monsters or bosses to be used or sold unless they are specifically required to complete a quest. This applies to any item including potions, keys, and scrolls! It is recommended that you clear enemies away from chests so you know where the items come from. If you are not sure where an item came from, you cannot use it!
2. A “treasure” is designated as any non-enemy item on the map that can spawn items, including treasure chests, racks, tombs, shrines, etc. Enemy corpses are NOT treasures.
3. No shopping is allowed, as great adventurers must live off the land, but gambling is permitted. You are allowed to repair your equipment. You are allowed to sell legitimately gained items to use for gambling or repair.
4. The cube may be used as long as the components are all legally obtained.
5. You can use whatever player settings you wish for each area, but you cannot change the setting once you have entered the area. For example, no killing the monsters at P1 and then opening the chests on P7.
6. No rerolling maps. This means if you need to go back to a previous difficulty level to use a reward you need to wait until you are about to start a new act or get to another area where you would get a clean break (Arcane Sanctuary, etc.).
7. No restarting a level to reroll the monsters, including the Ancients.
8. Items that you need to temporarily hold in order to complete certain quests (the Staff of Kings, for example) may be kept in inventory but must not be used or equipped at any time. The Book of Skill is not allowed as it is dropped by an enemy and is not necessary to complete the quest. EDIT: You will still have to use it to make sure the quest stays complete, but you cannot use the extra level.
This is a score based tournament, which means it is possible to win without completely finishing the game. Here is how your score is calculated.
Final Score = (Character Lvl) + (Quest Points) + (Treasure Points)
1 point for each Normal quest and cows (28 total points)
2 points for Nightmare quests and cows (56 total points)
3 points for Hell quests and cows (84 total points)
*To receive the point(s) for the cow level you must kill the cow king. You may only open the cow level one time per difficulty. A quest is not considered complete until the quest box has been grayed out, so you will need to use your rewards in some cases to receive the point(s) for the quest.
1 point for any rune obtained from a treasure
3 points for any set item obtained from a treasure or gambling
5 points for any unique item obtained from a treasure or gambling
All tournament participants are responsible for posting their own updates to the score table, provided below. You do not need to re-sort the table every time, just update your character data and attach the updated code-table to your post. I'll tidy up the table from time to time. Those interested can use this excel spreadsheet to keep track of your score (link).
So if you still feel up to the task, feel free to toss your fedora hat into the fray and test your treasure hunter skills. But be forewarned: many of your favorite strategies and approaches to the normal game may not work as well on this journey and may in fact result in an early deeds. Unique and creative gameplay is encouraged; shameless Indiana Jones references and jokes will also be well received. Fortune and glory await!
FORUM NAME | CLASS | PROGRESS | LVL | QPOINT | TPOINT | TOTAL ----------------|-----------|----------|-----|--------|--------|------ japanzaman | Amazon | A1 N | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 ----------------|-----------|----------|-----|--------|--------|------