Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fortitude ED questions for smite and charge

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by toothpix, May 7, 2008.

1. toothpix

toothpix IncGamers Member

Fortitude ED questions for smite and charge

Hi! I'm working on 2-h/1-h charger mostly for fun PvP and I want to have smite as a backup attack (when I'm using 1-hander obviously).

I absolutely don't want to use Grief (feels like cheating:p) but rather try different weapons for which I couldn't find any use before that (stonecrusher and such, all work with charge:smiley:).

So yesterday I took another paladin I have (zealot, no +dmg weapon) and tried forti on him. While it gave a nice boost to zeal damage, the damage increase with smite was pitiful (like +3min and max). So, does the 300% enhanced damage from fortitude actually work on shield damage for smite or only on +dmg from weapon? Or maybe it doesn't display?

My second question is, is forti of any use for charge? I have a feeling that with huge damage from synergized charge it won't be very significant and +skills might actually add more damage..

Well, in any case it's a fun build but the knowledge might come in handy for future 'efficient' builds:wink2:

2. TheODB

TheODB IncGamers Member

Re: Fortitude ED questions for smite and charge

Bump, because I'd like to hear the answer too.

3. mackscynox

mackscynox IncGamers Member

1: fort and grief dmg bonuses is now shown on character screen for smite. the real damage is calculated different for smite. use below dmg calculator for any type of weapon/shield etc...

http://diablo3.ingame.de/tips/calcs/dmgcalc/dmgcalc.php?patch=110&lang=eng

2: fort is usefull for charge too. but true as u say, an enigma would be better for +skills to charge dmg as it increases with skills much. but fort increases more. just try and see what is your dmg.

20 charge + 20 vigor + 20 might and 20 fanat aura gives ~%1700 dmg to charge. %300 would make it ~%2000, just think if it would be beneficial or not for your build. i suggest use some other if maxed synergies.

22 charge + 20 vigor + 20 might and 22 fanat aura gives ~%1800 dmg, just see difference.

%1700 means dmg is 18 time of weapon damage. for 100-200 weapon it is 1800-3600 without extra mods and str/dex mods. 1800-3600 is not so low than 2100-4200 (with fort)

4. Mongdengee

Mongdengee IncGamers Member

grief damage on smite does NOT show up on character screen so you have to look it up on a calculator. as for fort im not sure since i dont use one but i believe it does not show the added damage of smite on character screen as well. if you use a grief on a full smiter its not unreasonable to see 5-6k smite damage.