Fort Question

SgtPPS

Diabloii.Net Member
Fort Question

What armor would you make "Fort" in? I have a PVM Polearm Barb so I figured to see what the census is for what type of armor.

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
Depends on what your str is... Any of the light elite armors like Dusk Shroud, Archon Plate are primary candidates.

BananaPancakes

Diabloii.Net Member
well you can make the runeword fort out of any 4 socket armor as long as you place the correct runes in in the correct order. but you should try to find a good armor with not crazy high str req's for it

SgtPPS

Diabloii.Net Member
I was only asking because currently my barb has 222 str with items......

Well I have to shop war cry sticks so with just the gear i have on and BO'd I have 2600 life str is 222. So I have a Balrog Skin 4os and Loricated 4os thats why I was asking what would be better in your opion. I just see alot of ppl wearing Archon is that better than the two I have named?

Killerama

Diabloii.Net Member
I would make it in an archon plate for two reasons:

-Good defence.
-Virtually any other char can use an archon plate without sacrificing too many stat points. If you change your mind you could always give it to another one of your chars.

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
SgtPPS said:
Happen to know where is the best place they drop? I do have a hell socket quest left.
All the level 85 areas are a good place to look for Archon plates! Like pits, ancient tunnels, chaos sanctuary, world stone keep levels (on your way to Baal). However I saw that archons and Dusk shrouds drop in the cow level as well! So that might be a good place to farm as well! Use a javazon (Lightning fury) so you can speed up the killing of cows! And fo not use MG-gear! If u keep your MF at 0 the drops of superior and socketed items will increase!

That aplies even if u do runs in the level 85 areas!

/Dec

xpumafangx

Diabloii.Net Member
I made mine in a wirefleece because I plan on using it on a paladin or a werewolf.

I would do archon plate just because I like the look of it. I wish I could afford the str for Lacc plate.