Fort or Bramble for Merc?

Arnatkoak

Diabloii.Net Member
Fort or Bramble for Merc?

For a Fishy, what is the better armor for merc? Some have told me bramble for the thorns, others say fort is the way to go. What say the other fishys out there?

NumtyDoo

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Fort or Bramble for Merc?

I say fort. Thorns and IM are not what they used to be. While thorns is certainly not useless, with a fishy it is all about your merc getting that first body for your CE chain, and fort does it better.

litokrn

Diabloii.Net Member

but wont the thorns help your skellies kill just that much faster once you get the first body?
assuming a decent weapon, your merc shouldnt take that long to get a corpse in act 1..

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

If you get a high level Thorns it could certainly add a nice bit of damage, depending on what type of monster is hitting your Skellies. Fort is just better at keeping your Merc alive. It depends on what you want.

NumtyDoo

Diabloii.Net Member

Except against bosses, my skellies rarely fight. With the 85% boost from infinity to the fire side of CE, and the 100% boost from amp for the physical side of CE. Merc gets one body, pop it with CE, whole screen dies instantly.

Like mantis said, thorns does add damage. However, I have found (I used to have bramble on my merc) that Fort or CoH not only keep the merc alive better, they help him get that 1st kill faster, which in turn speeds up my run.

galzohar

Diabloii.Net Member

Monsters do not deal enough damage for thorns to be worthwhile. Players have much bigger damage than monsters while monsters have much bigger HP than players.