Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fort armor help

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by GavinUnit, Jul 11, 2010.

1. GavinUnit

GavinUnit IncGamers Member

Fort armor help

USWEST, LADDER, SC

Hello!
    I'm looking to (HOPEFULLY!) make Fortitude soon for my windforce/titans zon.
    I have a 4os Kraken Shell Med armor with 521def and 174 strgth req. Do you think this armor is good enough to make Fort in? I need a fair amount of STr for my Spirit Mon anyways, so the STr isnt that big of a problem.
    If this armor is not acceptable, what armor would you recommend, and how much does it usually go for? Keeping in mind im not uber-rich (I've been hell-bent on getting a Lo for the past week, and so far have a handfull of ist's im trying to trade for one.)

Thanks a bunch! I really appreciate it :)

2. droid

droid IncGamers Member

Re: Fort armor help

Dont make any runewords for your self (ie, not your merc) in any medium or heavy armor, you'll suffer a FRW penalty (5% for medium like Kraken, 10% for heavy)

Also, dont choose an armor that requires you to put more points in STR than you already have for WF/Monarch. To equip a Spirit Monarch with a Titans (+20 str) you need 136 points of STR, which means you're spending almost 40 extra points just for that armor.

Ideally you want a 4os elite light superior armor with 10%+ ED, but really, any elite light armor with def over ~500 will do. Archon Plate or Great Hauberk are your most likely best options, but Wyrmhide or Scarab Husk will also be fine, especially if you like the appearance better. Hell, even a Dusk Shroud will do, though its trade value will be less.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  3. GavinUnit

GavinUnit IncGamers Member

Well thank you very much for the reply. Very informative :)
    I am currently making deals with getting a 533Def 14% sup, Dusk Shroud. I know it isnt #1 on your suggestions, but it happens to be fairly cheap so i think I'll go for it.

4. DoomBoy

DoomBoy IncGamers Member

If I remember correctly, it costs more to repair superior elite armors. Hope you got enough gold in your stash!

5. SorcyBoy

SorcyBoy IncGamers Member

Its the +% durability that kills repair costs.

6. droid

droid IncGamers Member

Ral will repair any armor in the cube (but not recharge), and thats now the most common rune in game. If my sup Fort is at 23/24, I just grab the next Ral that drops and fix it back up.