Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

forge rushes

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by goonkid, May 25, 2005.

1. goonkid

goonkid Diabloii.Net Member

forge rushes

how many of u guys do this and in what diff, how many times have u not been payed and whats the best rune uve gotten lol?

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I neither give nor ask for forge rushes. IMO it's neither fun getting rushed that massivela nor getting runes that way. If I get asked to rush somebody, I will either do it for free or not at all. I never ask for a rush. In general, I do all questing solo (with a dummy being in the game on a second instance of the game, for the extra HF drop - that's my way of doing HF rushes :) ), but if I need help, I enter a game with an appropriate name.

This doesn't imply that I regard forge rushes as something despisable. It's just playing the game in a way I for myself don't like.

3. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss Diabloii.Net Member

OMG!!!
    I thought I was the last non-rusher in the game.
    Greetings long lost sibling!!!:surprise:
    My reasons for not rushing are slightly different. I realized early on that I stink at it. I neither give nor take rushes, however I enjoy helping with the occasional boss or waypoints. I also have been doing the HF trick for years, although I still don't know for sure if it does any good. A 2nd computer with d2 helps for this purpose, along with easy muling, and body recovery.

On the subject of runes, the best I've gotten from HF was probably a mal in the last ladder. My only highs have been found in unlikely areas (vex in hell act 1 jail!!!)

4. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

Welcome to the forums. :) My, my, so many questions!

I did, quite a bit actually until I retired from BNet. In fact, towards the end this was just about the only thing I ever did.

All three. The rune drop in normal may suck, but I'm a crafter and charm re-rolling addict and I wanted the gems almost as much as the actual rune.

I've never "not been paid". I never rushed strangers. My friends and I hellforged only with each other. We were pretty good at it and usually collected about 4 x 3 (Norm, NM, Hell) forge rewards apiece per evening - or something close to that. It's been a while since we did this so I no longer remember exactly.

Gul.

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Well, the PvM purist fire is still burning within me. In my 3-4 years of playing the game, I dueled just once... I won with a L25 barb against a L30+ one, while doing quests because of my leveling gear (weapon, shield, armor and helm with +maxdmg jewels) and my surprise attack with throwing spears, hehe. But I also dueled a second time with that guy and beat him in melee as well.

That's why I haven't left for WoW yet, at last. And hey, I'm a 4+k post guy. People call me "ace" or "the fabled Krischan" and mention me together with RTB, hehe. That's very good for my self-conscience :)