Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Forge rush problem

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Cdnexpat, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Cdnexpat

Cdnexpat IncGamers Member

Forge rush problem

I started using my skelliemancer to rush for forges, but I have run into a problem. The ancients level limit is holding me back. Before I could go into a game where another person needed the quest and when he recieved it I would as well regardless of the level of my rushee. Now I don't get credit. Have they closed this loophole or am I doing something wrong?

2. The Wikt

The Wikt IncGamers Member

What's your level and difficulty you're trying to do/get Ancients done?

You must be
    Lv20 on Normal
    40 on Nightmare
    60 on Hell

to receive the bonus, regardless of your rushee's level.

3. Cdnexpat

Cdnexpat IncGamers Member

The rushee is level four. I am trying to get around those rules. Before you could advance at a lower level if one person in the party needed the quest and was the necessary level. When they got the quest everyone who didn't have it got it as well. That was how level one players were sneaking into hell.

4. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

You can't get the Ancients quest unless you meet the level requirement.

Forgerunners just skip the Ancient quest.

5. sequoia

sequoia IncGamers Member

wait, what is a forge rush?

6. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Same as forgerunning: you make a new char to get the hellforge quests. I usually get all three (there's still the gems...), a lot of people only get nightmare and hell, or maybe even just hell.

7. richo

richo IncGamers Member

well the bug in the game:

you have at least 3 char:
    1 booster
    1 lvl requirements char for ancients
    1-6 rush chars

youre char can be lvl 1 and go to nm
    just do a baalrun and kill baal with at least those 3 chars, then all chars who need baalquest get the quest without ancients requirements..

theres another option who is more difficult depending on youre clasic char or youre LOD rush time and number of friend who are willing to help..

clasic way:
    simple just rush to hell ther aint a lvl requirement for going to hell in clasic....

rggzzzz
    RICHO

8. CoopMoe

CoopMoe IncGamers Member

true, no level req in classic, but if you're doing it for forge, then you're sorta screwed, since i'm pretty sure they're not doing it for the pgem that drops. i think when you translate over a character to LoD it counts up the completed quests and then gives you that many quest credits soooo if you did say normal - nm that's 63 quests, but then you're now on a LoD scale theres 81 quests. or something.... i dunno. i heard something that sounded like this.

9. richo

richo IncGamers Member

well thats not true you get the quest that are completed in clasic dont know about baal though but i think so and you transmute to LOD and then you do all hf, most work is rushing wich is rather annoying but rushing 1 char to lvl 40 and then do 6 other chars hf rush is 1 one (and this is best way as it is fastest) only do clasic if you have 1 friend who helps....

rgzzz
    RICHO

10. Raistlin_Majere

Raistlin_Majere IncGamers Member

No - you're mixing things up!

The game counts completed ACTS to determine which difficulty you can reach when you convert. Since there is 4 acts in classic and 5 in LoD you have to BE in ACT III in hell in classic when you convert (11 acts). You will have the same quests done in LoD as you had in classic so baal wont be done. If you don't do hf in classic (which would indeed be silly!) it will still be uncompleted in LoD.

And regarding the original question - as has allready been said you cant get ancients quest with a low level charecter. But you CAN get the Baal quest (as other have pointed out).

11. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Just skip the ancients. All you need is to start a game with your rushee and call it Baal for Quest or something like that. People will join eventually. Ally your rusher and rushee with them. As long as one of your allies gets the quest your rushee will get it while he's still in town. Act 5 is one of the easier ones.