Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Foreword/Introduction About Myself

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Joshebo, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Joshebo

Joshebo IncGamers Member

Foreword/Introduction About Myself

Hi all. I've been lurking these forms several times a day for about a month now and I am totally blown away at the information provided and the help that people give here. I used to play D2 in college six years ago, but came back about a month ago to help ease my EverQuest and World of Warcraft addition and these boards are 100 times nicer than those. Over there you get flamed for saying a simple post whereas here everyone seems so courteous and respectful.

I have a 61 frenzy barb that I only play in open battle.net since I am not good at soloing him. Also I have a 66 Strafazon that just beat NM (for the first time in my life), but now can't beat the Den of Evil in Hell. So I started a Necro Fishymancer because according to the Nightfish guide it can solo Hell level easier than other classes. Plus I wanted something that didn't rely on gear so much. He is level 34 and having troubles beating Diablo on normal as my skeletons don't last long and neither does my golem or merc. But he is an absolute blast to play, so I will just level him and work on a different strategy.

Anyway, I do want to thank all the nice people who provide answers to those of us who are still learning the game. I am learning about the regular posters, the acronyms, D2 terminology, and am grateful to learn about /players 8 and especially ATMA. I do look forward to reading and learning more about his game than ever before and feel proud to be a part of this community.

2. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

*kick Joshebo shin for using "World of Warcraft" words in the intro*
    /varnish

3. Joshebo

Joshebo IncGamers Member

Did I do something wrong in mentioning that name? If so, I apologize. Please educate me so I do not make that mistake again. Thank you.

4. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

i'm the shinkicker here, i just kick all newb and n00bs even without a reason
    if you see an old crazy woman that is trying to give you cookies, don't even dare to eat. it's more safe to give them to me
    *shadow door*

5. IronCrown

IronCrown IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF.

Enjoy your stay and read the stickys (very helpful)

I'm a new member myself and find posting questions extremely helpful as people are always willing to share their knowledge, and yes ATMA is a godsend.

IC

6. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe IncGamers Member

Don't mind n00bux, Joshebo. :wink3: Shin kicking is a welcome tradition here which is currently upheld by him. Welcome to the forum!

Open bnet is a dangerous place to venture for players that want to stay "legit". There're a lot of hacked items and modded games there, that can affect you characters is a negative way. Playing MP games via this forum is much better. Before you do, make sure that your characters haven't received shady items and such from open bnet games.

Again, welcome aboard.

7. Suiling

Suiling Banned

Don't mind him, Joshebo. Welcome to the forum.

*use a Full purple potion to heal Joshebo's shin*

8. Mursilis

Mursilis IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF :wave:

It is personal preference but your Strafazon appears to be a bit low levelwise for Hell just yet. At least mine was level 75 before trying the Den of Evil. Perhaps it you told us what problems you were encountering specifically we could better help you with your build.

For example what type of bow do you have? What type of mercenary are you using? Etc...

9. atigdng

atigdng IncGamers Member

Welcome and enjoy your stay here at SPF...

I agree with Mursilis, personally it is crazy going into Hell without lvling to atleast 75. I never do it any other way.

10. Joshebo

Joshebo IncGamers Member

Thank you all for the replies.

I guess shin kicking is a hazing ritual for the new posters and I am fine with that. I was mostly concerned that I did a bannable offense.

Kefir-Tribe: I play open with only one real life friend of mine. I was considering playing open with random people, but what you say makes sense and that is a road I do not want to travel on. I will stick with people on this forum when I get a high enough level to group with them.

Mursilis and atigdng: That is what I figured - I am too low of level. I would have never thought of 75 though. That is what I will work on then. I also think gear plays a part as the highest level requirement of my gear is 36 and that is my only unique - my bow. (I don't know how to list it's attributes, but it is called "Endlesshail Double Bow"). Everything else is crafted, but that's okay. I now know I need to level up and do MF runs.

Again, I appreciate the warm welcome from everyone and thank you very much.

11. Fists of Legend

Fists of Legend IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forum.:wave: Sorry I wasn't here in time to help you with your shins. Suiling took care of healing you up though. What ever you do, don't give your cookies to nebux. At least not until you try one. Most of us here believe them to be the best ever made.:thumbsup:

Stop by the EMB sometime and have a beer on me.

12. EnerSense

EnerSense IncGamers Member

Hi and welcome to SPF! :thumbsup: Hmm...Looks like your shins were already kicked. W_M will be by to give you some cookies. Guess the only thing left to tell you is to watch out for the Squid. Hope you enjoy your stay.

13. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

To re-re-re-itterate: Welcome!

If you want, I can give you a better bow. Endless Hail kinda sucks in my oppinion. I have a Lycander's aim I'm not using. Interested?

14. Joshebo

Joshebo IncGamers Member

Thank you for the kind words and healing my shins. While I do play soccer and wear shin guards, I didn't have them on yesterday. I will run away from the squid if it shows up.

neumein: I would be thrilled to get an item like that. When I looked up the stats for that Lycander's aim my jaw dropped in real life - that is probably the best item I have ever seen! Good gravy it's powerful! It's funny because when I read about build guides and the equipment is listed I have never heard of the gear that is mentioned. I don't think it is stuff you get from normal and early Act NM MF runs. :smiley:

Anyway, if it is okay I will accept that weapon from you. (I don't want to come across as a begger). I would return it to you if I ever find a replacement. Please let me know if this is okay with you. Thanks again.

15. Dark Matter

Dark Matter IncGamers Member

Hello and welcome to the SPF.

16. Mursilis

Mursilis IncGamers Member

That's very generous of you neumein.

Joshebo, yes I think you have the idea now. Lots of MF runs and a couple more levels should go a long way to making your strafer much more effective. Good luck! :thumbsup:

17. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

Welcome! here's your goodie basket of baked goods and squid repelant. Dont' mind the shin kickers, it's not so much hazing as it is--
    Proof: If your shins are hit it hurts, a lot.
    If you're hurt/crippled you'll spend more time in front of the computer.
    If you're on the computer more, you'll play more D2 and visit the SPF more.
    Thus, if your shins are crippled, we'll see more of you.
    See? it's a good thing!
    Do read the SPF FAQs, we explain a good bit of the acronyms and oddties, not to mention what is and is not a banable offence. You might also want to get ATMA, it lets us trade easily w/o MP and you can copy+paste the readout to tell everyone the stats and requirements and what nots. You were alreay warned off open b.net and it's ickyness, Tc/Ip with your buddy, much safer. So that leaves an invite to the local bar, aka the EMB!