Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

For you trapsin Gods, a question or two, please read

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by wedoz, Apr 11, 2005.

1. wedoz

wedoz IncGamers Member

For you trapsin Gods, a question or two, please read

I am stepping into uncharted territory here as I made my very first assasin last night and I'm going to turn her into a Trapsin. I read a guide by a guy, I belive his name was J Richard (if I'm wrong on the/your name I apologize) and wrote a bunch of his stuff down to follow it. I'm just curious as to what you other guys put your skill points into. On his guide he has listed:

20- Fire blast
    18- Shockweb
    20- Charged Bolt Sentry
    20- Lightning Sentry
    9- Shadow Mastery
    1- Death Sentry, Fade, Weapon Block, Cloak of Shadows, and Mind Blast

I want to know where you all threw yours into and how well it worked so I can get an idea on what to work around a little differently on that.

Thanks guys.

2. Day

Day IncGamers Member

Hi there are a number of Trapsin threads going at the moment - see the "Trapsin problems" etc.

I think your final points allocation depends on your gear.

You want to look at what plus skills you have.

You want your Shadow Master to be level 17 (including plus skills) or better.

You want to be happy with your weapon block and fade but you are liekly to have a number of plus skills and will probably be able get by with 1 point in each - oth skills have serious deminishing retuurns at higher level).

I personally didn't need mind blast (shadow master casts it pretty ofton) or cloak of shadows - but a point here and there is not worth worrying about (IMO) so try them and see if you liked them.

I personally liked the extra ange of a higher level death sentry (and the fact that its a synergy for FB ment I took it to 20 which ment a lower shock web).

3. FlyingPerson

FlyingPerson IncGamers Member

Oh well...everyone has their build of trapsin

everything following is my opinion only...

the skill points ...its "me" only...I have no idea why put 20 in fire blast?

fire blast is not part of lightning sentry synergy...and death sentry is..(12% dmg per lvl) why in the world 1 pts in death sentry but 20 in fire blast?

plus...death sentry lvl effect the corpse explosion's radius...

you dont need to use fireblast often..if you know how to play trapsin,
    DS's CE can easily take lightning immune monster down....

I dont use dual claw, bcz I rather use hoto+spirit...even the most godly claw cant provide all the bonus you receive from hoto+spirit...you sure has more dmg, but you lose lots of FHR, FCR, Resist, Life, Mana...and you can save 5 skill points from shadow master...(dual claw only add trap, but with hoto and spirit, you have +5 all skill)

Weapon Block and dual claw is for PvP, its meaningless in PvM...monsters are dumb..I rarely be hitted by any of monster (except burning soul...but weapon block cant block it anyway, you rather have high resist in this case...)

I put a points in mind blast, never rely on ur shadow master for MB, MB is a terrific skill for PvM, you have to use them in right time and right way. MB can SAVE your life, dont tell me you want to rely on ur shadow master to save your life....

if you are playing PvM, then I would suggest

20LS
    20DS
    20Shock Web
    20Charge Bolt Sentry
    6 shadow master (thats from my gear..but as everone said, make it 17 or higher according to ur gear)
    1 Mind Blast
    1 BOS
    1 Fade

after all the pre-req, I will then put skill pts in fire blast.

I dont agree with the guides when they are talking about dual claw and weapon block for "PvM". Those 2 are meaningless IMO for PvM..oh well..seeing is believing, if you are playing East Ladder SC, I can show you why MB is terrific for PvM and dont rely on ur shadow master to do it...(shadow master dunno when to use MB, they just throw it out by random)

4. jerichob

jerichob IncGamers Member

Yes, a couple threads about trapsins going on, but they all add up and help in understanding how to play this char.

wedoz, I can understand you, since I also try to put together my first trapsin and I agree that all the guides are rather vague about some issues. (I also started with a guide by jrichards) Perhaps we can put together all the info from these threads and make a coeherent trapsin guide, it seems there is a need for one.

5. wedoz

wedoz IncGamers Member

Yeah, not to take away from the guide that's out there but that's realy the only one that is out there and it doesn't seem to be too in depth. At least it didn't help me like all the other guides I have read.

6. MuRRe

MuRRe IncGamers Member

Re: For you trapsin Gods, a question or two, please read

Why lvl 17 Shadow master?

7. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

Ok, that guide is a bit old, and tailored towards folks without much in the way of game wealth. It's not too in depth as its just a "guide" in developing your own assassin to tailor to your liking.

With that said, my own trapper replaced my pure lightning sorc as my main as she can solo anything outside of uberland (and lillith) with relative ease.

I'll try to write one up today (and practice my writing skills in the process) to help give further insight to my favorite class.

8. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

It depends on your style.

Bombardsins = FB SW DS LS
    The vanilla PvM Trapper though some get really good in chugging FB and SW for pvp. Combine decent damage with a highly spammy skill in FB form. Infinity is nice but not needed as you can deal 3 forms of damage with a physical damage merc. A nice Insight polestick with a merc can let you spam FB till the LI all drop dead around him !

Pure Lightning = SW CBS LS DS
    The more "PvP styled" trapper. Basically all or nothing lightning trapper. Vs unbreakable lightning immunes, they have to rely on their merc (usually infinity type) and shadow. If enemy is PI LI (unbreakable) good luck....

9. Sass

Sass IncGamers Member

For a personal skill thing, I do it like this (regardless of items I find).

20 FB
    ?? SW
    20 CBS
    20 LS
    20 DS

1 point into fade, master, and MB.

The rest I'll put into SW, but thats if I decide to lvl alot past 90 or something :S.

This gives me a big LS, big DS range, FB for immunes with alot of synergies, and the master / fade is high enough. IMO, a kicker would put more in master than a trapper can, and needs it too.

Merc has insight, fort, vamp, or any thing with insight that gives life leech and + dmg (duress and tals mask was a cheap alternative for me for quite a while).