Diabloii.Net Member
For those in the US that like metal...

This summer there will be one of the biggest metal tours ever:

Megadeth
Dream Theater
Fear Factory
Nevermore
Dillenger Escape Plan

The top two are the main attractions (both in terms of what I like most and who will get the most play time). This Dave Mustaine's idea, which he is calling "Gigantour" set for July. I can't wait.

nitpick: I just wish Metallica was in there, too.

Phantom_Man

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm, the only band I really like in there is Megadeth (Fear Factory to an extent.) Pity.

I am, however, somewhat impressed with Ozzfest.

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator
I can honestly live without Metallica - too much soap-opera weirdness in their camp these days for my taste. More music and less drama would be nice. I wish them the best though; they still have a lot of internal problems to sort out. Sorry for getting off-topic.

In spite of the ever-revolving door of roster changes, it's nice to see Megadeth doing something again. For a couple years there seemed to be serious questions as to whether they were going to continue recording and touring. I've always loved Dave Mustaine's aggressive playing style - coincidently, I was listening to Rust in Peace earlier today; it's still arguably my all-time favorite metal album. Holy Wars is such a mean track, I love the opening riff of that song; the whole album is great in fact.

I haven't seen Megadeth live since the early-mid 90s when they still had Friedman/Menza. I wouldn't mind checking them out this summer if the tour passes reasonably close to where I live. Unfortunately, I'm a wee bit too old for moshing - I'd have to stick to the Geezer Pit (whatever that is). :lol:

Isolde212

Banned
Yeah...I am a closet metalhead. I saw Pantera and Black Sabbath front row centre back in '99. It was the best concert ever. I had a chance to see Metallica too but unfortunately I had mono at the time. Boo.

SelfBaisResistor

Diabloii.Net Member
Technetium said:
This summer there will be one of the biggest metal tours ever:

Fear Factory
Where did you hear that they are touring this summer? I looked on their official site and seen nothing. I always go when they are here in Milwaukee.

olie0923

Diabloii.Net Member
As much as I hate to say it, my mom has seen Metallica and I haven't. She even got to meet Larz and eat dinner with him b/c her boyfriend was one of his friends growing up or some crap. She said it was kind of ironic b/c she figured they would be back stage drinking or whatever before the concert and they were all on the phone calling their loved ones. They're a pretty cool band. I would like to see them as well as Mega Death and Fear Factory. I don't know much about the other bands.

Then again, I like a lot of different music and have been to concerts ranging from Aerosmith to Jimmy Buffet to Lagwagon to SOD to Penny Wise, etc.

Technetium

Diabloii.Net Member
SelfBaisResistor said:
Where did you hear that they are touring this summer? I looked on their official site and seen nothing. I always go when they are here in Milwaukee.
It's probably not on the website because a specific date hasn't been set yet. It's not on Dream Theater's site either. You can read about it on the Megadeth site.

HAMC8112

Diabloii.Net Member
ne word:

Motorhead!

Some more words:

Metallica was ok till they started playing popmusic. Like Mustaine said they have a leadplayer that cannot play rythem guitar.

Madness

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow, that's awsome.
Ive heard Dillinger Escape Plan give one of the best shows out there.

Got any word on dates\locations?