For once, France is doing something better than the US ifr

For once, France is doing something better than the US

International Herald Tribune said:
Expulsion of illegals stepped up by France
By Katrin Bennhold International Herald Tribune

Published: September 1, 2006

PARIS France has accelerated its deportation of illegal immigrants and is more than halfway toward its 2006 target of 25,000, the Interior Ministry says, but with a new school year approaching the government appears to have largely refrained from expelling families with school-age children.

The issue is highly emotive here, with the government under pressure both from the left and the far right - and from ordinary citizens.

On Wednesday, passengers on an Air France flight to Lagos tried to prevent the plane from taking off when they learned that a Nigerian youth was being deported against his will.

Nonetheless, the expulsions of Africans, Asians and East Europeans are moving forward, reaching 12,716 as of July 31, and accelerating in August, according to Franck Louvrier, spokesman for Interior Minister Nicolas Sarkozy.

France expelled 20,000 illegal immigrants in 2005, and Sarkozy vowed to step up the pace after suburban riots last autumn in areas largely inhabited by people of foreign extraction.

"We are on track for our objective of 25,000 expulsions," Louvrier said.
Rest of story
This is outstanding! The US could (for once) learn something from France.

llad12

Diabloii.Net Member
Evil Conservative Inc said:
Yessire, lets round 'em up and deport 'em immediately!

Statue of Liberty said:
"Give me your tired, your
poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free..."

llad12

Diabloii.Net Member
They're illegal. You're damned right deport them. They shoudl be lucky they're not killed on sight
You missed your calling Smeggy ... you would have made a excellent Gestapo agent. :azn:

TheBuck

Diabloii.Net Member
It's probably a mite off topic...but how the hell have you managed to stay unbanned here ECI? Most places would've dropped you like a bad habit for posting crap like this.

As far as my opinion on the matter: If they have children let them stay...don't punish people for trying to get a better life for their young ones. If they have a job let them stay...as long as they pay taxes. If they sneak in and just sit around begging or causing issues...get 'em the hell out!

HoboGod

Diabloii.Net Member
The baby boomer generation is entering retirement. Alot of jobs (mostly low paying) will go unfilled without immigrants entering the country. And unfortunately, not all of them are able enough to enter legally. If you really want to stop illegal immigration, attack the corrupt businessmen that hire illegals and make worker citizenship more available.

Rabbitz

Diabloii.Net Member
lol :)

Illegal immigrants get exported, old people retire, not enough people to carry the weight of social security ( for the old people/unemployed etc), ---> mass acceptance of new immigrants.

HAMC8112

Diabloii.Net Member
They are halfway of their objective, 25000. Not bad considdering there are probably 10 million ilegals.

Baynson

Diabloii.Net Member
There are indeed alot of immigrants in the great state of Texas. Alot of them use/abuse social systems that are not in place to police immigrants as a rule. Non-the-less it's a tax burden for me and you. After the resent Mexican protest here, I was awaken to the fact that this is the same as any other country with an immigration problem. It could have turned bad at any monent and was to close to my house for comfort. Deportation is good for all. There are boundries for a reason, inforce the laws don't make new ones I say.

HoboGod

Diabloii.Net Member
Deporting them is only a temporary sollution that wastes taxpayer money. If employers still need workers and have little deterrence from hiring illegal immigrants, then more will cross the border even as we deport them.

Ranger14

Diabloii.Net Member
Let's be clear that there is a difference between legal and illegal aliens. I am all for legal immigration and I feel that is what our country and the Statue of Liberty stand for. I don't believe the Statue of Liberty signifies that we should open the floodgates and let everyone and anyone into our country.

If one tries to tell me illegal aliens are going to replace the jobs of retiring baby boomers you have to be kidding me. Most illegal aliens can't even speak English, let alone have the skills or training to replace that part of the job sector.

It's tough to pay taxes if you are an illegal alien as it requires a green card or work card, which would then make you legal if you were able to obtain that. That would then make it ok to work then, correct? It also means no Social Security contribution if they are illegal.

I also feel the main problem is within the business sector that hires illegal aliens. Make them start paying employment taxes and social security for their employees like every other business does.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
In France illegal immigrants aren't even the problem, they let in a tidal wave of legal immigrants to fill employment gaps and then all the jobs evaporated, leaving massive ethnic slums - which wasn't helped by the way French society ostracised them (refrains from bringing up the legendary French attitude to foreigners). Gogo massive social tensions.

But it's a step in the right direction. I might also remind people that illegal immigrants take jobs away not only from locals but also from legal immigrants - remember that they're in the same workpool as everyone else, unlike the illegals.

P.S. I agree with Ranger.

TheBuck said:
It's probably a mite off topic...but how the hell have you managed to stay unbanned here ECI? Most places would've dropped you like a bad habit for posting crap like this.
This isn't one of his bad ones. I remember he used to go around saying women prefer Republicans because Democrats are bed-wetting sissies.

Baynson said:
There are boundries for a reason, inforce the laws don't make new ones I say.
Enforce. Although Americans have already massacred "ensure", so why stop there?

jimmyboy

Diabloii.Net Member
In the U.S., state district attorneys have to release 85% of coyotes caught (human-trafficers who work for the Mexican Mafia and transport illegal aliens into the US) due to underbudget and understaff.

Translation: we don't have enough money to prosecute thousands of human trafficers who we know have ties to the Mexican Mafia. Besides, we're busying chasing after real criminals like child molesters, serial killers, bank robbers and terrorists.

We don't have the money to chase after about 5,000 Coyotes. Whats makes you think we have the money to chase after 20,000,000 illegal aliens?

Maybe we should spend that money on other things like... hiring more air-marshals, border patrol, security, FBIs, CIAs, SWAT teams, district attorneys, more of what is actually needed.

I think we need to be a little more fiscally responsible.

Drosselmeier

Diabloii.Net Member
For once? You're so ignorant and forgetful I'm left wondering how you are able to function as a human being.

FYI, this is not the first time France acts against immigrants or the first time it displays this attitude towards them. This has been pointed out and explained to you a number of times already. Why do you refuse to learn?

WildBerry

Diabloii.Net Member
Drosselmeier said:
For once? You're so ignorant and forgetful I'm left wondering how you are able to function as a human being.
He's just using rhetorics and a manner of speech badly, cut him some slack. Save that for the dark times he actually schmucks up really bad - I've no doubt in my mind he will not keep you waiting for long.

grimreaperofsouls

Diabloii.Net Member
i for one agree with conservative (my being one also) and i think that the us should build an electrfied fence to fry them illegals crossing the border

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
grimreaperofsouls said:
i for one agree with conservative (my being one also) and i think that the us should build an electrfied fence to fry them illegals crossing the border
Who's going to pay for all that electricity? And the fencing and fence repair and maintenance...