Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

FootBall

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SpawnOfAsbestos, Oct 8, 2017.

1. SpawnOfAsbestos

SpawnOfAsbestos Diabloii.Net Member

Hey guys. I'm making this to support my team.....RAIDERS.....in my opinion, I think raiders have a chance at making the play offs this season.....other thoughts......the whole taking a knee thing needs to stop. I know they are just expressing their opinion, but it has become more than that. Roumour has it that the players were not defending Derek Carr because he did not take a knee during the anthem. I hate to believe this, but he did take more hits in that game then the rest of last season... Moving on.....I don't think that Patriots are going to go to the super bowl this season....just a happy thought....Raiders are off to a rough start, but they will pull back together......I honestly know for a fact that the Niners are not going to go anywhere....on the other hand, Cowboys might pull through.......any more thoughts?

2. SpawnOfAsbestos

Well crap

raiders just lost really badly. Probably because they didn't have Derek Carr. But now it is.
    2 wins. 3 loses. Which sucks.

3. jmervyn

jmervyn Diabloii.Net Member

Yes - that the last time someone tried talking about American Football the thread dissolved into meaningless snipes about "HandEgg". Stranger still, I didn't even make them.

(This is an international forum on what I believe are European servers, so it was probably bound to happen)

Oh, it's going to stop all right. NFL jammed head into arse so hard it may not recover though.

Again, since some folk here are European they may not even have heard about the whole #TakeaKnee fiasco. In sum:
    • Some of these "big men who chase little balls while the rest of us pay to applaud" fell for a media-promulgated lie that blacks are dying in statistically significant numbers due to police brutality.
    • They expressed their highly-compensated on-the-job outrage by refusing to stand for the American National Anthem (a vague, minor violation of their workplace rules).
    • Unfortunately the leader of this is a mediocre quarterback named Colin Kapernick, whose limited intellectual range included wearing socks that implied cops are literal pigs, promoting Castro as a good leader, and sending money to Tupac Shakur's murderous, racist aunt.

Think I about summed it up. It's stupid, it's counter-factual, and these men are in some cases barely literate savages so it's pretty disgraceful that they're being treated as thought leaders. However, it's similar to GamerGate in being just another battlefield on which the kulturkampf is being fought, and the NFL is being hurt in the nether regions for it.

4. SpawnOfAsbestos

oh ok...........i am from California. obviously because im a raider fan. there are fans out of state and even country! but you may be right. lets hope that isn't what happens here.

i think this whole take a knee thing will end soon (if Trump can keep his mouth shut)

though i doubt it will happen, i would like to see the Panthers make it to the Superbowl. I have family from North Carolina who would love to see them there again. They honestly should have won the first time they were there recently!

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I think the Rite of Derailment is traditionally opened by a European, but there's no rule without an axception.

Ironically, the term soccer comes from Britain.

jmervyn likes this.
  6. jmervyn

LOL son, you must be new here. These threads are like "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" - you never know where they'll go.
    That's like asking a fish not to swim. I'm conservative/libertarian & despise Trump, but he's managed to be in the right on this issue; football fans wanted apolitical coverage & the NFL not only nurtured Kapernick, but shat all over other similar antics (9/11, Breast Cancer, slain cops, end-zone dances or prayers).

These morons are using an explicit act of disrespect to the US, but now are lying through their teeth claiming it's not disrespectful. The NFL deserves to be hurt for this, & hurt hard. I can't believe they still manage tax-free status on stadium "investments". At least their non-profit status was encroached on a couple of years ago.

Smeggums wasn't European, & I think he was the most notorious derailment conductor.
    Sure, but they have the excuse of rugby ('footie' in Australia, I believe). Though I wonder what the Etymological foundation of 'soccer' is?

7. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

AFAIK, soccer is slang for association football because the English football association is called.... Football Association. Associations of other countries have the name of the country in it, but not the one from England (not to be confused with Great Britain in this vontext BTW), as they invented the game as it is today, so they deservedly enjoy that privilege.

8. SpawnOfAsbestos

I'm not new to the forum. Just OTF

9. jmervyn

Well, then, introductions are in order! We used to have a hihowaya thread but heaven knows where it's gone to...

I'm your sneering maitre'd & one-man-band, krischan here is the mod desperately trying to prove that Germans really have a sense of humor, and Lozzy is around somewhere. He may remember something American from his long-lost past so he may have a different & even more pointless opinion about the NFL to air.

Other denizens drift in from time to time depending on your random encounter roll.

Me, I gave up on football in University. We used to run parking for the University of Arizona & get free tickets for the games. Stupids would get 1-2 games away from a Bowl slot, get arrogant, & screw the pooch in front of the fan base. Pathetic.

10. LozHinge the Unhinged

LozHinge the Unhinged Diabloii.Net Member

I have a message from the NFL.

Merv is a poopy-head.

I like watching gridiron (more than I do soccer). I like the music of a number of types of music artists, from rap to Progressive Rock and everywhere in between. I like movies. I like the works of many authors. If I could get football players, musicians, actors and authors to STFU about political issues, I believe that I would be almost perfectly happy.

Merv, are you a professional footballer, musician, actor or writer? No reason, just askin'.

11. jmervyn

I've not taken the knee. /GoT

No, so I'm patently better qualified to discuss politics then they are. Or pretty much any other subject matter, if you think about it.

Why in God's name do we consider people from entertainment industries qualified to render judgement on serious issues?

LozHinge the Unhinged likes this.
  12. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

Oh come on. They're at least as qualified as the current crop of Washington cabbages and nooz media pundits.

jmervyn likes this.
  13. LozHinge the Unhinged

LozHinge the Unhinged Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah but no one has accused the Washington crew of political competence, either.

jmervyn and Dredd like this.
  14. jmervyn

I like to think that for every Tomi Lahren there's a Brit Hume... but I know I'm a dreamer.

Dredd and LozHinge the Unhinged like this.