Fool's Claws: What to look for.

aiwa

Diabloii.Net Member
yup i almost did. 8). thats ok though,as i shop a lot so ill find some better ones soon.wearn 2x bartucs now.

PrkChopXpress

Diabloii.Net Member
yup i almost did. 8). thats ok though,as i shop a lot so ill find some better ones soon.wearn 2x bartucs now.
I lucked out and found a pair of +2 Shadow Disp/+2 SM. I throw them next to my Bartuc's to prebuff my shadow skills, and then go back to 'tuc's/shield.

It's technically possible to shop a pair of +3 Shadow Disp./+3/+3/+2 to some combination of Venom/SM/BoS(or Fade), right? I wonder if anyone has ever found them. I would guess that that would be the ultimate shadow prebuff claw. :cloud9:

Nazdakka

Diabloii.Net Member
A question: Would I be right in saying that while dual-wielding during WW, the speed of the off-hand claw is irrelevant?

So if I had Chaos as my main claw, equipped first and on the left, and then equipped a super-slow claw (War Fist, WSM 10, no IAS) as my secondary, on the right, I'd still be hitting the fastest WW breakpoint. Correct?

PrkChopXpress

Diabloii.Net Member
A question: Would I be right in saying that while dual-wielding during WW, the speed of the off-hand claw is irrelevant?

So if I had Chaos as my main claw, equipped first and on the left, and then equipped a super-slow claw (War Fist, WSM 10, no IAS) as my secondary, on the right, I'd still be hitting the fastest WW breakpoint. Correct?
This is from the FAQ sticky:

The real challenge in reaching maximum WW speed is with your off-hand claw, assuming you aren’t making another ‘Chaos’ for your off-hand claw. The most popular option for an off-hand claw for WW Assassins is a ‘Fury’ Scissors Suwayyah or Suwayyah(for the same reason stated in the first paragraph, it’s better to use Suwayyahs instead of Feral Claws/Runic Talons when making ‘Fury’, as ‘Fury’ has an innate 40% IAS, which would set you well above the WW speed cap). Bartucs and War Fists(with at least 30% IAS), Scissors Suwayyahs/Suwayyahs(with at least 20% IAS) are just some of the other claws that are able to reach the maximum WW speed.
So it looks like it's probably an average of both claws.

Nazdakka

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, I've had a good read of the stickies and guides, and while they seemed to point that way in places, it wasn't 100% clear. What I have in mind is using a rare Fool's War Fist (WSM 10) opposite Chaos, and it was implied elsewhere in the stickies that the speed of the off-hand Claw was irrelevant, and so I could be as slow as I liked.

However, if it's averaged, all is not lost, as by my calcuations if Shael or IAS Jewel the War Fist, I can make Chaos in Runic Talons (WSM -30) and still hit the fastest WW breakpoint.

HappyAssassin

Diabloii.Net Member
Both weapons need to reach the last WW break point individually. While the IAS on the off hand claw does not add to your IAS for traplaying or kicks, it does matter, alone and by itself, for whether you reach the last WW BP. What averages on the claws is the WSM (you can find a list of these at the Arreat Summit), which determines the amount of IAS you need for kicking and trapping breakpoints.

Those FAQs were written back in the days when people didn't combine traps and WW on assassins the way they do now. The recommendation of Suwayyahs is for the lower reqs and the higher damage, but it disregards WSM which s crucial IMO to ALL WW using assassins, bramble, ghost or hybrid.

Nazdakka

Diabloii.Net Member
Both weapons need to reach the last WW break point individually. While the IAS on the off hand claw does not add to your IAS for traplaying or kicks, it does matter, alone and by itself, for whether you reach the last WW BP. What averages on the claws is the WSM (you can find a list of these at the Arreat Summit), which determines the amount of IAS you need for kicking and trapping breakpoints.

Those FAQs were written back in the days when people didn't combine traps and WW on assassins the way they do now. The recommendation of Suwayyahs is for the lower reqs and the higher damage, but it disregards WSM which s crucial IMO to ALL WW using assassins, bramble, ghost or hybrid.
I understand. So a rare Fool's War Fist (base WSM 10) with a +20 IAS mod on it (which I missed) would easily hit the 4-frame WW breakpoint if socketed with an IAS Jewel (total =-25, breakpoint is -13). If I wanted to lay traps, though, I would suffer very badly because the WSM is so crappy and using BoS wrecks my defense.

I'm an SP player who will either have to spend some time HF rushing and/or trade away the crown jewels just to get the Ohm for Chaos, so my plan is to steer clear of expensive hybrids and go for something like Voide's Shadow guide, which can (apparently) live with cheaper gear and minimal Traps. I'm hoping that this claw will do the business for that build, despite the crappy WSM.

Thanks for your help!

Claw:

Ghoul Thirst
Fascia
One-Hand Damage: 31 to 143
Durability: 47 of 64
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 69
Required Strength: 69
Required Level: 51
Claw Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0x1b9bf551
+15 to Strength
+289% Enhanced Damage
5% Life stolen per hit
20% Increased Attack Speed
109% Damage to Undead
+121 to Attack Rating against Undead
+0 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+16 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)

OutOfInspiration

Diabloii.Net Member
What I have in mind is using a rare Fool's War Fist (WSM 10) opposite Chaos, and it was implied elsewhere in the stickies that the speed of the off-hand Claw was irrelevant, and so I could be as slow as I liked.
Somehow it's irrevelent to put your "Fool's" off-hand. The attack rating bonus of WW is applied from your main claw. If you use the Chaos in your main hand, your attack will be based out of it disregarding the fool's mod.

CaptnSparrow

Diabloii.Net Member
I understand. So a rare Fool's War Fist (base WSM 10) with a +20 IAS mod on it (which I missed) would easily hit the 4-frame WW breakpoint if socketed with an IAS Jewel (total =-25, breakpoint is -13). If I wanted to lay traps, though, I would suffer very badly because the WSM is so crappy and using BoS wrecks my defense.

I'm an SP player who will either have to spend some time HF rushing and/or trade away the crown jewels just to get the Ohm for Chaos, so my plan is to steer clear of expensive hybrids and go for something like Voide's Shadow guide, which can (apparently) live with cheaper gear and minimal Traps. I'm hoping that this claw will do the business for that build, despite the crappy WSM.

Thanks for your help!

Claw:

Ghoul Thirst
Fascia
One-Hand Damage: 31 to 143
Durability: 47 of 64
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 69
Required Strength: 69
Required Level: 51
Claw Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0x1b9bf551
+15 to Strength
+289% Enhanced Damage
5% Life stolen per hit
20% Increased Attack Speed
109% Damage to Undead
+121 to Attack Rating against Undead
+0 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+16 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)

If you're not fighting players, don't worry so much about trap laying speed. As long as you have a little bit of IAS you'll be fine.

That's quite the fine claw stat-wise. =]

darkelrond

Diabloii.Net Member
hey ollie i was wondering cause im a ghost and my ar was way 2 low for fury/chaos my ar was 3.8 k and i cant hit **** so tienje suggested to use a fools instead of fury and it will make a big difference in hits and will overcome fury because of the mass ar wut do u think?

edward marks

Diabloii.Net Member
I find a claw with the following mods:

+2 Traps
40IAS
Fools
+3 LS
+2 Mind Blast
2 Sockets

Is this good? Yes it's incredibly good, it may not have + 2Sin or be Eth - Self Repair, but a claw like this will either turn a huge profit trading or contribute to a very well equipped hybrid sin. I include this to point out that while the ideal claws listed at the top will only exist in one or two cases (or as d2pk imports), claws almost as good as them are very exceptional and rare in their own right.
I play single-player... where's the best place to acquire several claws like the one above? Hell cows? Chaos runs? Shopping? What is shopping, anyone have a link describing the intricacies?

DayDream

Diabloii.Net Member
Shopping at Hell anya and using the pindle tp repeatedly to reroll the items that Anya has to offer

Borje

Banned
Re: Fool's Claws: What to look for.

Hi there! (or here, perhaps)

here's another guy asking if his Fools claw is worth keeping. Guessing not, but what do I know?

It's a rare Runic Talon with Fools, 40 IAS, +2 LS, 4% ML and +2 Max dmg. Larzuk can ofc provide one socket..

mephiztophelez

Diabloii.Net Member

yes that claw is worth keeping.

it has all the vitally important base stats (-30WSM, 40IAS and Fools) as well as a nice staffmod (+2 Lit Sentry).

all in all, thats a nice claw and will serve a hybrid well. it's not the "super-mega-wtfbbq-GODL3H" claw we all wish we had, but it's certainly a step up from many.

maxicek

Moderator Single Player

I play single-player... where's the best place to acquire several claws like the one above? Hell cows? Chaos runs? Shopping? What is shopping, anyone have a link describing the intricacies?
Great fools claws are as rare as rocking horse manure single player. Your best bet is to shop anja for a magic Fools Runic Talon of Quickness and hope for some good staffmods.

Based on personal experience, you are looking at 8 hours+ of shopping. Basically, load up a high level character with gold and trade (not gamble)with Anya in hell difficulty. Only check the talon type claws. Hop back and forward using the red Pindle portal to reset her inventory.