Fool's claw mod - good for kicker or not?

Indecisive

Diabloii.Net Member
Fool's claw mod - good for kicker or not?

Hi,

I did not see any difference in AR when I equipped my Dtalon kicker with a Fool's claw, despite the massive AR bonus it has. Does this mean that the AR from the claw doesn't transfer to the kick?

BAMFSpecialOps

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Fool's claw mod - good for kicker or not?

IIRC it does, but the claw has to be on the main side. I don't think its worth it, the mods on a claw don't come close to some other weps(stormlast/fleshripper/lw/beast). Dtalon also already gives massive ar so it may not give a huge jump that you were thinking.

Indecisive

Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah, but with fool's claw, you are basically having "Ignore Target Defense" versus all monsters, including bosses. When I am using Stormlash I have to use Metalgrid amulet for more AR. That's about 3500 AR just from the amulet, to be "OK". If I can free the amulet slot and instead use an amulet with FCR and skills, (and PDR?), I'd have a stronger build.

I could use life/AR smallcharms instead though, but that's very expensive and tough to come by.

However, when testing the difference between Stormlash and Fool's claw in Greater Talon (30 WSM) that has 20 IAS, I kill monsters much slower. The percent chance to static is really doing wonders against enemies, and CoS helps alot with the AR too.

BAMFSpecialOps

Diabloii.Net Member

Theres also jah/eth that could be socketed into the stormlash. I'm not sure how well the 'ITD' comes out to be with a fools claw, as stated I don't believe it actually adds that much ar after dtalon's. If you need ar theres angelics or ravenfrost(or 2)/rare leech/ar ring and metal grid. If your ar is really that low theres enchant from lava gount/demonlimb that you could buff with. If you mind listing your gear/stats/ar I might be able to help out a little more.

Indecisive

Diabloii.Net Member

OK, yes Jah and Eth would be OK in Stormlash, but my CB is quite low, so I Ber'd it.

My gear:

CoA with 2 IAS jewels.
Dracul's
Metalgrid
Arachnid
Enigma
Stormlash
35 FCR Spirit Shield
1 FCR ring
Ravenfrost
Upped Upped Goblin Toes
6 clean Martial skillers
14/20 anni
20/15 torch
A few FHR smallcharms

So I have 36 Dtalon, 65 FCR, 90+ FHR and IAS enough for 8/3 kick with Stormlash and 75 resist all, 50% physical resist with Fade. My AR is about 10k.

Indecisive

Diabloii.Net Member

About AR. Dexterity is worth 5 times more than AR from equipment. And at level 36 Dtalon, each AR from equipment is worth about 8 AR. So with a fool's claw, you'd increase your AR with more than 8000 (the increase is linear). Hence, you would not have to worry about dexterity or equipment AR ever again with a fool's claw, which I think is pretty nice. That is why I would like to find a fool's claw with 2 sockets and 40 IAS and put 2 Ber runes in it for 40 CB. Unfortunately Artisian's mod is also a prefix, so I can't have both. It must be a rare claw.

What you say about AR not being a big difference compared to the gear I use now, is wrong. However, when it comes to "To Hit", it may not be such a big difference.

BAMFSpecialOps

Diabloii.Net Member

Without swapping a lot of your gear around it looks like you might be pretty limited. Only ~14k AR is needed for pvm, might look into some life/ar gcs as they are usually cheap compared to the life/ar scs.

Indecisive

Diabloii.Net Member

Ok, now I have looked at the formula to get an overview as to exactly how important AR is. I agree that 14k is a good number. If you're not going to fight big bosses like Baal with high level, then you could have a little lower AR.

With CoS level 13, you basically double your AR, so 10k is actually 20k with CoS level 13, which means that you will hit Baal about 80% of the time and 85.9% with 14k and CoS activated. To reach 90% vs Baal (at level 89, which my character is at), you would need 55k AR or 27,5k AR with CoS. The fool's claw alone gives 11190 AR (with level 36 dtalon), and going for max block with stormshield (203 dexterity), you would have about 20k AR. However, 20k means that you have **% chance to hit with CoS activated, so that should also be enough.

The increase of chance to hit per 1000 AR is decreasing the higher AR you get. I mean to reach 91%, you would need 70k AR (or 35k with CoS). Compare this to the 55k needed to reach 90%, and you see what I mean.

I also found out that if you have a weapon with an Eth rune you can multiply your total AR by 1,33333...
With 2 Eth Runes you can multiply by 2, and with 3 Eth runes, you can multiply your total AR by 4!

BAMFSpecialOps

Diabloii.Net Member

Yea, ~14kish AR is also pretty good for UT if you ever venture into there with your kicker. Whats hard to give you help with is you seem to have every piece of your gear working for you the way you want it. There are some things I would switch out, as in I would have stormshield on the kicker because you are a melee build. With the dr% from that I would swap out CoA for guils helm for the oh so sexc mods. Also use up'd gores, etc... If you want to stay with the general gear layout of what you have now you may have to try demonlimb or maybe even an angelic ring/ammy set.

Indecisive

Diabloii.Net Member

I agree that stormshield would be good for a BoS build, but since I already have 30 dr% from fade, it seems unecessary.

I have finally made a decision. I will not use fool's claw.

BAMFSpecialOps

Diabloii.Net Member

Ya unless you wanted to rebuild for different skill set up, I don't think stormshield works that well, maybe a sanc for some great res/decent blocking, but again you have fade. Good luck with your kicker, let us know if you need any more help.

BAMFSpecialOps

Diabloii.Net Member

No problem, let us know how it turns out and if you need anymore help. Good Luck