Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Folly of a Moderator Nothing to do with PVP

Discussion in 'PvP' started by nickalisk, Mar 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

Folly of a Moderator Nothing to do with PVP

In refrence to "New Kinda Freaky Thread"

this is from the "New Kinda Freaky" thread

apparently our moderator (leave him unamed for now) does not read threads, contradicting his claim. As I posted..."only got a glympse of his [items]" This statment reconfirms that i didnt have the maphack on, or i would have recived much more than a glimpse. He says he is aware how maphacks work...curious.

And in the current state of pubbies duels when one dies they usually do leave the game because of nk'rs.

I have read a few post that date from far to recently and I conclude that a few of our "mighty moderators" are very incompetent.

In addition, he closed the thread after his post, how very clever of him, as he posseses no skill in debate so relies on his position of authority to make up for this flaw.

It is people like him that bring out people like "PhaseMaster" who ranted like a lunatic and didnt receive his "banning" long after it was deserved (is he banned now??). Our moderators are more concerned with other things of course. No need to reply to this forum as im sure our folly of a moderator will close it soon..... :D

P.S. this has nothing to do with pvp, unless u want to consider it me vs Mod's ban stick. that ban stick is like the ith of the old patch, and heavily duped also :clap:

2. GIR

GIR Banned

Yeah, you're real clever.

Yes, PhaseMaster is now banned.

Calling out a Mod is never a good idea, especially when it's attempting to reopen a closed thread.

Xirc said he was going to ban you, and as far as I know didn't. You should have just left it at that.

3. parkerbsb

parkerbsb IncGamers Member

Nick, I actually had a discussion with the aformentioned mod after the thread was closed. People make mistakes, and his (hers?) was not reading the whole thread the first time (s)he posted.

You really should just let it drop. Be glad you (myself and eff) weren't banned; and learn from past mistakes. I'm not going to get involved in some sort of flame war again, I just wanted to let you know that you might want to just close this thread and drop the whole thing.

4. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

yah i know that but if after every disscussion only to be threatened a ban....not worth it.
    If this forum is worth staying for to put my $.02 in i wont get banned :D
    while its true people make mistakes... this mod specifically said he/she "read" the post....
    cya round parker lol

5. Inuyasha

Inuyasha IncGamers Member

You know, right from the title you made a mistake. I see a cruicial spelling error in the word "nick", I've never seen it with an 'm' before... or 'o'...

Xircon made no mistake, and you are far beyond the incompetance that I originally credited you for. I took the liberty of attempting to ignore your earlier thread, with the hopes that some mod would clean it up, and that you might learn your lesson, and some day become a respectable member of the forums. I was dead wrong.

To continuously and vigorously engage in a losing battle with nobody that qualifies as a person on your side, and with numerous facts against you... and your continued use of the excuse "l0lz m4n, go reed da post dat U r3d" becoming quite unsatisfactory is beyond any human comprehension. You got extremely lucky and you should have counted your blessings that Xirc DIDN'T ban you to start. Instead, you now make this thread, about an equally stupid thread, that became a flamespam thread, and that you KNOW will not be any better than the last thread.

You made an error by breaking forum rules and fighting before.
    You made a fatal mistake by puposefully attacking a mod, on behalf of his response to your previous actions.

I hope you fry. We all know that you are more than deserving now.

6. cheesypotatoes

cheesypotatoes IncGamers Member

If u wanna get banned that bad that bad that you'd go after a mod, maybe u should just leave the forums altogether.

7. dth

dth Banned

plus it seems like everyone hates your guts

live and learn

8. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

Your argument is far from conclusive proof. You considered this paladin to be not much of a threat so you probably just charged in head on without sizing him up. You stated that you underestimated him and as such didn't check his gear. One could easily make the argument that you had MH on the whole time and simply didn't feel it necessary to scan him until after you almost got killed. I believe it to be much more likely that you had MH on and always have it on for that matter than not. Your story simply isn't very believable. The fact that you seem to have no problem with MH use in D2 at all further's this. However, there is no conclusive factual evidence to fully prove or disprove either side so I won't outright accuse you. Xircon is right to have his suspicions though and is probably right. Don't doubt his judgement simply because you are incapable of understanding his reasoning.

Also, incase you didn't realize this, mods aren't paid to do this. He volunteers his time to keep this place clean, I'm sure he has other things more important than this forum to attend to. I'm not saying that moderation shouldn't be questioned, they aren't infallable. However, I wouldn't mock someone so openly that volunteers their time for your benefit.

9. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

yah wellthey "volunteer" becuase they are tired of not being able to control every aspect of the forum. And of course everyone else's flaming will go unnoticed as they are sucking up to the one in "power".

10. GIR

GIR Banned

If you're going to try to psycho-analyze anyone, at least make an effort to sound half-competent, even if you are faking it.

11. Inuyasha

Inuyasha IncGamers Member

Well said, GIR. Well said.

12. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

You do realize that the admins of the site invite them to be a mod? Your view of mods is warped beyond belief.

Say we are "sucking up" all you want, you're still blatantly wrong. Even if Xircon wasn't a mod I'd still agree with him due to the fact that your story just isn't very plausible.

13. semisonic9

semisonic9 IncGamers Member

*chucks in my two sense*

Nick, you're arguments are a) poorly worded and b) pretty groundless. So he closed a topic without quite reading all your meandering nonsense? I would skip em all too. That thread was pretty much done, and you had aggraveted several users (including myself) with your idocy to the point where they just left you to argue with yourself.

You kept saying "read more!" like a frikin newb, when it was your fault for not communicating clearly for 3-4 pages. Take an english class or come back when an older sybling can help you type some, because you're just not getting the job done by yourself.

Yeah, personally I don't think Xircon was being a real nice guy to you, but you were being a jerk to others long before his arrival, and I believe in karma. Put simply, you got served and now you wanna cry cause you don't like it. There, I saved you two paragraphs...

You get banned/leave on your own, w/e, I don't really care. won't miss you.

14. parkerbsb

parkerbsb IncGamers Member

Hey semi I've recently become a little more well off in this game (friend quit left me quite a few HR's :D). Do you have any sorc stuff for trade?

-> this thread is going nowhere fast...

15. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

mods have lives too. prolly much more exciting than yours if you were so desperate to bring up a thread dissing them. he does this on his own free time and hes only one of the few people that can run the PvP forum. (its either him or shaperla) personally, xirc gets what is needed to be done so i ahve nothing against him. it was pretty pointless making this thread. a mature adult (of teen?) would have pm'ed this to him and settled it out privately than attempting to make it public to humilate him.

nice try though.

16. semisonic9

semisonic9 IncGamers Member

Nah, I don't play em. MF or PvP, I think there are other/better ways to get it done. Just the normal Occy, tals armor, etc. on some old chars...

17. Xircon

Xircon IncGamers Member

Now that is about sad. GIR has always been a polite fellow, But he was given a temp ban once before. For the people that know me and my guild, I banned Tsume for using a not nice word directed at someone. He is an officer in my guild and a person I call a friend. So if you think I am treating you differently, you need to look around. The first part of what you siad above makes no sense so I will not reply to that.

You are not the first to try this before either. I am sure if you lok deep in these forums you will find threads just like this one here are are open. You will also find that sometimes the thread creator is not banned. Up to yuo to decide your fate. But if you do not like this forum or these forums in general, feel free to leave. I can see that you will not be missed.

Oh I read that whole thread after I recieved a few alerts on it. You obviouslly do not know we well and did not read the whole thread. If you had noticed, I replied in that thread like the 12th post. But why did I not close it until later? I gave plenty of time for people to reply. But when I had made my 12th post, the thread was not to bad. But over the next coupld days, it got way off course became a mess. You disagree?

How do I know what mh does? I think enough people use it that we all know how it works. I also maintain the dupes site for diabloii.net. I know how many of the dupes methods work. Does that make me a duper?

The first time I stepped into that thread, I defended you. So, how can you say that I am backing these people that are "sucking" up to me? As I recall, my last post I said something about going back and re-reading the thread. If I said I did something, I did. I also did say in that last post, I made a mistake the first time I posted in that thread. My mistake was not banning you then. A mistake that I thought you would be grateful for since you were admitting that you are a cheater.

If you are going to try and call me out and defend your actions or diss me, go for it, but I promise you if you do it in this fashion, you will be gone quick.

18. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

I see your point about the thread becoming a mess, agree with you and some of these thing. I think its time i bury the hatchet. :D
    point well made xircon :clap: :clap: :clap:

19. Xircon

Xircon IncGamers Member

If anyone else has anything to say, please feel fre to PM me. But I am closing this thread now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.