FoH?

Subliminal_Influence_911

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, foh is still viable. Aside from wind druids, foh has a good chance against all characters that do not stack resistances. A guide for foh is in the paladin forum.

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
yes its viable but it can be negated so easily. Someone in pubby duels will always stack resists or absorb against fohers. It's literally the only one to beat them.

mhl12 said:
yes its viable but it can be negated so easily. Someone in pubby duels will always stack resists or absorb against fohers. It's literally the only one to beat them.
By now, everyone in ladder knows to carry around some stacked resists, so pure foh isn't very viable. Not to mention good foh gear is ridicously expensive. (look at 25/25 +3 scepters)

But it works well at crushing nubcaeks. Unfortunately only them.

So try doing a v/t instead. It tends to be alot more effective

DCAFarkas

Diabloii.Net Member
kinda side-tracking... but not 100% (there's still some lit dmg)... how does double dream (with or without werebear) sorc do in PvP?

also: lots of the guide links are dead from the forum shift

Phyrexial

Diabloii.Net Member
Windies own FoHers, hands down. Conviction and -res does nothing to Cyclone armor. ES also is unaffected by resistances so it takes alot of FoHer's punch out of the build.

That said, it can still be effective. I would recomend making it a hybrid though for the best performance. Adding an effective smite is easy just by adding Grief.

skilledlord

Diabloii.Net Member
Phyrexial said:
Windies own FoHers, hands down. Conviction and -res does nothing to Cyclone armor. ES also is unaffected by resistances so it takes alot of FoHer's punch out of the build.

That said, it can still be effective. I would recomend making it a hybrid though for the best performance. Adding an effective smite is easy just by adding Grief.
ya, good v/ts would win against windys.

Phyrexial

Diabloii.Net Member
skilledlord said:
Not necessarily, minion stacking with wolves would make getting a smite in rather difficult and even without that a pure vita Windy could put up decent tanking competition. 6k multihitting physical damage coming from a target with 7k or more life is not exactly something to sneeze at with a smiter.

It clearly gives you a better chance then FoH alone, but it doesn't spell win. I would put my money on a Mage (FoH/Hammers) before a v/t against a Windy.

morotsjos

Banned
skilledlord said:
Nono, smiters cant beat good windies. Mediocre yes, good ones no.

Phyrexial: I think foh/hammers are even worse than smite/foh vs windies. Minion stacking >>>>>>>>>>>>>> both foh&hammer, and without smite there's no reason not to keep teleporting on top of the windy. Basically it's just a weaker hammerdin, and hammerdins have it hard enough vs druids already...

Phyrexial

Diabloii.Net Member
morotsjos said:
Nono, smiters cant beat good windies. Mediocre yes, good ones no.

Phyrexial: I think foh/hammers are even worse than smite/foh vs windies. Minion stacking >>>>>>>>>>>>>> both foh&hammer, and without smite there's no reason not to keep teleporting on top of the windy. Basically it's just a weaker hammerdin, and hammerdins have it hard enough vs druids already...
I've heard libbies and desynch hammerdins can beat Windies a reasonable amount of the time, so if FoH had to be part of the build I figured desynch hammers would be better than smite.

morotsjos

Banned
Phyrexial said:
I've heard libbies and desynch hammerdins can beat Windies a reasonable amount of the time, so if FoH had to be part of the build I figured desynch hammers would be better than smite.
Perhaps. Personally I'd duel a nerfed hammerdin any day over a grief-smiter, since smite actually hurts if you tele on top, not to mention the annoying lifetap on summons...