Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

FOH/Smite Pally vs Hammerdin

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Drake-X-, Feb 22, 2004.

1. Drake-X-

Drake-X- IncGamers Member

FOH/Smite Pally vs Hammerdin

Which would be stronger in duels?

2. Tiger

Tiger IncGamers Member

If the same person were to play both character builds simultaneously against each other, the Hammerdin should win. This is not to say that the V/T will lose all the time though. (I find these more fun anyway)

3. PoopyPants

PoopyPants Banned

if you approach the hammderdin right you can win consistently with a v/t. In fact I believe they have an upper hand if the hammerdin is not using teleport. For this reason: if you charge them on their blind spot then you can smite them and keep them from casting hammers or shift+charge away before the hammers hit you.

Also you can just stay out of hammer range and FOH them then they cannot do anything.

4. WvX_leader

WvX_leader Banned

99% of the time

V/T > Hammerdin

5. fugitive alien2

fugitive alien2 IncGamers Member

omg, that's silly.

if you're talking about most pub hammerdins, yes, but most 1.10 pub hammerdins suck because they are built for pure hammer damage. most have no foh at all and are vulnerable to foh, have relatively poor defense, have no clue how and when to use HF, and have no clue how to use shift-charge to avoid or get out of charge or smite lock.

given equal skill a v/t vs. a well-built mage is a pretty even matchup.

and a good hammerdin doesn't leave blind spots.

have a nice day. :thumbsup:

6. HandofElysium

HandofElysium IncGamers Member

Again I have to agree with the alien on this one. I was playing in temple the other day and I barely used charge on my liberator. I only used charge to provoke them to the hammer field but even then vigor/charge/hammer was enough the majority of the time. I mean the strategy is quite simple to use vs V/T. You negate foh thus forcing them to smite only and that is where the hammerdin variant shines. You never let them get to you from SW direction thus why vigor/charge meditation/charge is such a vital strategy to use.

7. strength_honor

strength_honor Banned

I would say it all depends how your V/T is built

going for Max FOH max HS instead of max smite and using Lightning Facet Jewels can be painful for a Hammerdin Variant.

Just use Redeemer or Iron Ward to boost the Smite dmg and play ultra defensive

Load up on the Open Wound/Crushing Blow

Just remember: to beat a Hammerdin you need to play flawlessly, the hammerdin only need to hit you once to gain a upper hand in this duel.

8. PoopyPants

PoopyPants Banned

I dont feel that way. I've beat alot of bm hammerdins using a manner v/t it's all a matter of timing your smite. BTW very few hammerdins can negate foh in hell.

9. HandofElysium

SH light facet jewels aren't going to make a big difference in temple in my opinion. I only have 18 dr when dueling with caster switch with HoZ on. I can basically negate all foh just by switching to a 4 ptopaz shield. Also on top of that you have the -150 cap of conviction pvp which doesn't help either.

Iron Ward is noob because of slow and deemer stinks cause it has no range. The fury zerker stills works cause of the nice open wounds and range.

10. WvX_leader

WvX_leader Banned

I said that from my PERSONAL experience... I wasnt talking ****. If your char can take me down or if you dissagree too bad...

Most hammerdins dont go through the throuble to negate conviction. Most think [GOGO MAX DAMAGE GOGO!!!]

11. PoopyPants

PoopyPants Banned

I concur. :thanks:

12. Mr.Glasscock

Mr.Glasscock Banned

You need some mad skills to kill a v/t with a max dmg hammerdin. If the hammerdin isn't all hammers then the hammers will be weaker, and so the v/t can make even more mistakes, and win yet again. All the v/t has to do is be defensive, and 95% they will win. Even against the best hammers, just stay back and charge only to get em outa their casting rhythm.

A good hammerdin doesnt leave any blindspots, but a good v/t will force him to leave blindspots.

13. fugitive alien2

either way that's a skill issue, and not a real advantage to either build.

14. HandofElysium

95% thats little bit too much don't you think? If the skill set the same and well as gear then hammerdin>v/t. 1.09 it was different but since 1.10 v/t making a misktake is less forgiving. My liberator has over 8k hammers and it only took 3 hammers to kill 2700hp v/t. At least that is what he claimed his hp was.

15. Halbreed7250

Halbreed7250 IncGamers Member

but then again there is a special weapon for v/t>hammerdin

:)

:)

and i dont care how cheap it is, 900k magic damage and a lack of magic damage reduce gear is a little hard to argue for haha

16. Evanta

Evanta IncGamers Member

I think it's more an issue of skill and equipment of the V/T and H/C (hammer/charge) than anything else. I'd say the V/T has a big problem with skill allocation in 1.10 though, it's either weak smite or weak FOH, you can't have best of both worlds.

Pure Hammer pally is not a good PvP build IMHO though. The ones that seem to do well have Charge as a skill.

17. Smackhard

Smackhard IncGamers Member

You can say the same about V/T's. My V/T relies heavy on charge for almost all.

You are correct in your statement that 1.1 V/T has skill placement issues but he can still have a 2.5k foh and -100 lr convict fairly easily in 1.1 @ level 90.

In .09 there were very few that could best my Mage but in 1.1 I had to rebuild, we'll have to see the end result ><. I've dueled many a pub hammerdin and most are soft lacking DR or LR for damage but then again most of the pro's seem to be gone.

In the end it's all about skill and gear and this is a stupid thread just like the old zealot vs smiter threads.

GG
    Smack

18. PoopyPants

PoopyPants Banned

v/t doesn't have skill placement problems...are you all on drugs? V/T are more dangerous in 1.10 than they were in .09.

19. fugitive alien2

quiet, ladder boy :D

20. WvX_leader

WvX_leader Banned

lmao...

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.