Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

foh paladin resitences

Discussion in 'Classic' started by fallenSOL, Sep 11, 2006.

1. fallenSOL

fallenSOL IncGamers Member

foh paladin resitences

I have recently started on a foh paladin and was wondering if I should put points into ice+lighting resitence auras, slavation, or none at all?

My main aura is conviction but it would be nice to have some buffer against higher lvl foh'ers and ice sorcs.

2. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

how are you planning on levelling? if it's the typical method, via CS runs, one point in salvation can act as a party saver if infector spawns with conviction, and/or the group gets cursed with lower resist.

from what I understand of those that duel, you won't really want to try tanking a 3k blizzard or a 1500 ice blast, but instead go for the one shot/kills.

but, I also would be the first to admit, that I'm not very much into the pvp.

seems that most duels are one shot one kill (first one to hit, wins)

while I don't do a ton of duelling myself, I watch some from time to time, and I see the comments spamming the screen while I'm either raiding, or flayering in duel games :)

3. fallenSOL

fallenSOL IncGamers Member

Yes, I will probably lvl up in hell cs in later lvls. But I want to help my party would'nt I be better off just using conviction?

4. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

if there are talented/skilled/powerful sorcs, sure, it would help quicker.

if the party is mostly baba's/Dins, then salvation's resist to all (cept poison?) can, as I said help out tremendously for folks with marginal resists, and infector spawning conviction, or the party getting soaked in Lower Reistance Curse by those annoying mages.

*shrug*