Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

FoH and Lit Facet Question

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by CC-Godbuster, Jul 1, 2005.

1. CC-Godbuster

CC-Godbuster IncGamers Member

FoH and Lit Facet Question

If I have a FoH'er, and have a conviction level that gives -150 to enemy rez, and I used Lit Facets, would it lower their Rez even more? Like I used full griz set with 5/5 facets in each socket, would I get an additional -60 enemy rez, totaling in -210 enemy rez when FoH hits? BTW, can someone link me to how Rez Vs. Damage is calculated or give me the formula? (And yes, I do realize that the +5% Lit damage on the facets will add to my over all damage, I'm just wondering if I should spend time looking for 5/5 or just ones with +5% more lit damage) I'm considering variant/cheaper way to maximize damage for a FoHer. Because if the -Enemy Lit Rez will add to conviction, then essentially, adding gear such as Crescent Moon and Griffons eye, could give you more damage. Also, I'm not sure exactly how this PvP Pentalty works is it 1/6 of your listed damage goes to the player, or is it 1/6 is shaved off the listed damage? Anyway, thanks for your help :D

EDIT :: Also, do the levels of the die/level stack? Like when you die, would cast (level 40 nova i think) a level 480 :lol: nova (if all 12 were die facets)

2. shade449

shade449 IncGamers Member

Yes, the - lit resists on the facets will stack with conviction. That's why many pure fohers use a 3 foh/5 5/5 facet scepter.

3. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

yes it will and no it won't. it combines on a non lightning immune critter and on a lightning immune, conviction will take them down by 1/5 efficiency and then the facets will apply (also applies to -enemy resist on certain items). example, at maximum potential, conviction has -150 enemy resist or -30 on an immune. if a critter is 129 percent resistant, then conviction will break him, although he will still have 99 lightning resist. If you had -50 in lightning resists, it applies now for a total of 49 lightning resists prior to the lightning damage check. Now, if they aren't lightning immune, then your maximum lower resist check combined is -100. even if you have -200 lightning resist and the the target has 50 lightning resist, it only drops him to 100, not -150 as some might think. this applies both pvm and pvp, so good luck with it.

--welt

4. CC-Godbuster

CC-Godbuster IncGamers Member

Well, thats ok, that just means that they'd have to have 135% more lit resist, ontop of maxed 75% (more if they had higher lit rez, like t-gods or Lo's in their armor), in pvp to avoid be knocked down by FoH to keep their maxed Lit rez. However, the chances of that happening are slim to none. I'm wanting to be able to knock someone down to -100% lit rez no matter how much Rez gear they're wearing. You guys wouldn't happen to know if the spell of the level/die facets stacks would you?

5. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

nope. only one shoots off, too.

--welt