Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

fo vs blizz

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by StygianApothegm, Jan 29, 2004.

1. StygianApothegm

StygianApothegm IncGamers Member

fo vs blizz

i tried to search threads on frozen orb but the search is *** and has a 4 letter minimum (which i dont know why since most people abbreviate things).

anyway ive always liked fo because it's something i can control. i know how far i need to be to get maximum damage after it explodes in the end. this build would be mainly for meph/andy runs. i think fo would own them easily. ive tried a blizzard sorc and found that it just takes too long for the shards to hit anything unless it's a pack of 50 monsters. so the build would be

fo - 20
    ice bolt - 20
    mastery - 20

for maximum damage. so that leaves like 40 (give or take) extra points.. which would be useless to put in another tree since it would just be too little damage.

so any ideas for the extra pts? maybe max mana shield and pump stat points into mana? im no expert so that's why i want critique and advice for this.

2. Temporary Insanity

Temporary Insanity IncGamers Member

Blizzard is easy to aim. Just cast it in front of the mobs approaching you and let them walk through it. Of course, FO is also fun, but I'd rather not bother with timing the nova just right, especially with desynchs all over the place. Maybe in single player.

There are FO/Meteor builds... they require putting less points CM and the synergies in order to get points for Meteor, and they work quite well. Your other option is firewall, which does not need synergies. And then there's the lightning tree...

3. d3mon

d3mon IncGamers Member

Well, compared to .09 - blizzard owns FO in any way.....

Frozen Orbs dont do mass control good enough versus packs of strong monsters in hell... While combining Blizz with Ice blast, you will own em all :D

Only catch is that you need a good merc to take out those pesky cold immunes...

4. Boxer1

Boxer1 IncGamers Member

Blizz > Orb

And in pvp, orb is way too easy to negate (and or absorb).

5. StygianApothegm

StygianApothegm IncGamers Member

perhaps you guys failed to read that this is mainly for meph/andy. no monsters packs in hell. no pvp. i never really liked blizz vs meph cuz only one shard would hit him like every other casting (well maybe more, but it was a slow process). anyway i guess i will experiment for myself.

6. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

That's certainly the best way to get reliable information. However, I must add that vs Meph, Blizzard is the best there is. Try a Meph run with a pure Blizzard girl (Mastery maxed and the rest of the points in synergies), and you'll never want to come back.

7. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Erm, how exacly do you do your runs? It sounds like you're actually running and killing all thing all the way to Catacombs level4//Durance level3. This is NOT the way you should do a Andy//Meph run.

The trick about these runs is to totally ignore all the monsters on your way by teleporting past them. It's true that Blizzard is hard to aim at monsters, but when you focus only on Meph you'll see he's easy meat for Blizzard.

With my Blizzard sorc I can do Meph runs in about 2 minutes, give or take some extra seconds depending on how Bremm is situated and if he's Cold Immune. (Yes, I kill Bremm if I'm able, he can drop some mighty fine things, I've found Stormshield and Herald of Zakarum on him)

8. FenRiR

FenRiR IncGamers Member

hmm depend i take also 2 minutes to kill meph with Fo , just need to find lvl 3 that take some time.anyway since d2 classic i know how to handle meph i didnt try blizz because sorc are just for fun and mf :)
    anyway blizz requires as much skills to handle fo to kill meph:
    with blizz you dodge less his attacks u aim at end of screen , but with fo u need to get in front of him so you dodge more often his attacks well if u dont thats not really smart, well thats the way i see it.

9. StarMage

StarMage IncGamers Member

I dunno about you but can FO kill meph in two casts like a fully synergized Blizz? :D But then that's with at least +5 or more to cold skills from equipment. I guess FO might be better if you don't want to sacrifice equipment or can't afford much.

10. FenRiR

FenRiR IncGamers Member

no it cant but about 5 to 8 or so after one or two static rapidly.
    just to say orb do better dmg if u aim good at him.

11. mr.nadalar

mr.nadalar Banned

yah fo pallys are a pain....they own my sorc most of the time

12. krakdaddie

krakdaddie IncGamers Member

blizz owns meph and andy...its 5 hits to kill meph...and sometimes andy is dead b4 she even starts to chase me...

krakdaddie