FO/CL PvM Soso help

Blackwolf

Diabloii.Net Member
FO/CL PvM Soso help

Useing her for dest key running and pvm, she is doing okey but can get better i'm sure so help me abit plz :smug:

i'm level 87.

My build looks like this now

Skills

20 Lightning
20 Chain Lightning
20 Lightning Mastery
1 Static Field
1 Teleport
1 Energy Shield
1 Charged Bolt
1 Ts
1 Nova
1 ES
1 telekinesis

20 Frozen Orb
1 Cold Mastery
5 in prereqs

Stats

Str 107 (for items)
Dex 25
Vit 186
Mana 80

I have 3 skill (will get more) and 112 stat points left for now, need some help on the rest :)

A quick word about my equipment at the moment

infinity
on swap
2x spirit

Vipermagi (um)

Harlequin Crest (Ptopazed)

String of Ears

Magefist

Sandstorm Trek

rare amu 2soso skills Lres 35% rest res 6% + adds

Stone of Jordan and NP ring (for dest key running)

torch 17/10

anni 11/14/10

Some help on whare too go from here wood be good too :)

hope some one can help me a little :)

best
Blackwolf

Last edited:

MinusDII

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: FO/CL PvM Soso help

Why bother with FO when you've got infinity?

Use the Duel Spirits and put the infinity on a merc. You need 120 (117 I think) FCR for lightning, so your spirits need to be pretty much perfect with current gear. It would be better if you could switch that String of Ears out for an Arach if you can afford one. Also a Hoto instead of a spirit sword would be good, but also expensive.

A skill point in warmth is worth it.
You don't really need Thundestrom/ES.

Seems like your setup should be doing fine anyway.

Jaquiezz

Diabloii.Net Member

Use the Duel Spirits and put the infinity on a merc.
*Sigh*

Only three things really wrong with your setup. First, obviously, string of ears isn't the best choice. Arach or a crafted belt, heck, even nightsmoke.

You don't need ES. Thats 6 skill points right there that you could have saved.

You also shouldn't hold the infinity. The only time you hold infinity is in PvP, who cares if you have to res a merc once in a while? You should be able to get good enough gear for him that he will be able to take on all the key bosses no problem.

Blackwolf

Diabloii.Net Member

Why bother with FO when you've got infinity?

Use the Duel Spirits and put the infinity on a merc. You need 120 (117 I think) FCR for lightning, so your spirits need to be pretty much perfect with current gear. It would be better if you could switch that String of Ears out for an Arach if you can afford one. Also a Hoto instead of a spirit sword would be good, but also expensive.

A skill point in warmth is worth it.

You don't really need Thundestrom/ES.

Seems like your setup should be doing fine anyway.
Thanks i'll try to get this setup and a point in warmth two...

Yeah you ar on the spot there the FO (from befor infinity) and the thundestrom + ES i dont use much :)

Thanks

*Sigh*

Only three things really wrong with your setup. First, obviously, string of ears isn't the best choice. Arach or a crafted belt, heck, even nightsmoke.

You don't need ES. Thats 6 skill points right there that you could have saved.

You also shouldn't hold the infinity. The only time you hold infinity is in PvP, who cares if you have to res a merc once in a while? You should be able to get good enough gear for him that he will be able to take on all the key bosses no problem.
i'll try the nightsmoke til i get a arach or some crafted...

6 points for ES i dont see it just 1 point :coffee:

And on the infinity tingy don't i need two hold it to break as meny of the lightning immunes as i can like the Guide to Understanding Broken Immunities say or is it not worth it...

Thanks mate :)

but where to put the rest of my points from now on :)

MinusDII

Diabloii.Net Member

Only the conviction aura on Infinity breaks immunities, so it will work just as well on your merc as on you.

Jaquiezz

Diabloii.Net Member

Only the conviction aura on Infinity breaks immunities, so it will work just as well on your merc as on you.
Not true. By holding it you also take advantage of the -Enemy Light Res on infinity. But that isn't really worth sacrificing your weapon and shield slot for.

I say 6 points in ES because of all the prereqs. I believe its actually 7, I'm too lazy to figure out the number.

Where you put the rest of your points is up to you. Do you use CL or Orb more often? Drop points in CL synergies or in CM depending on which you find to be the most effective.

UberB

Diabloii.Net Member

Not true. By holding it you also take advantage of the -Enemy Light Res on infinity. But that isn't really worth sacrificing your weapon and shield slot for.
That depends, if you can still maintain 117 FCR and good resists i would definitely hold the infinity myself. That way merc can hold Insight and you won't have to rely on such a moron. Style points count too.

Holding infinity works well on ES builds because ES takes damage before resistances so you don't have to worry about that.