Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fletcher Workshop

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by chillietaco, Aug 22, 2010.

1. chillietaco

chillietaco IncGamers Member

Fletcher Workshop

The footage from the blacksmith only showed melee weapons and armour, the jewlers items are obviously jewels and the enchanter is going to enchant. I wonder if the 4th/5th artisan is a fletcher. This would link up with the possibility of the 5th class being an archer character and would explain why they havn't been announced to the public yet. Please leave your thoughts.

2. chillietaco

chillietaco IncGamers Member

Re: Fletcher Workshop

BTW Fletcher makes bows and arrows

3. Moonfrost

Moonfrost IncGamers Member

It seems that the 5 artisans thing was just a misinterpretation. The original quote reads:

Which means:

So there is no fourth or fifth artisan.

Fletchery sounds like a possible blacksmith specialization, though, so I don't think we should rule it out entirely just yet.

4. Srikandi

Srikandi IncGamers Member

One or the other of the two statements was a misinterpretation, but we don't know which yet.

Seems to me that with five classes, five artisans makes sense. And it also makes sense that they haven't revealed all of em yet, since there's still a secret class.

I would guess a bowyer (fletchers make arrows only, bowyers make bows ;) ) and a tailor. Bowyer makes ranged weapons and ammunition, tailor makes cloth armor and handles dyes. Either one could make leather armor.

5. Doppel

Doppel Banned

I'd like a bowyer, plus clothier/leatherer/dyer, and maybe someone like Ormus handling more occult and fetish items.

edit: Also, i have to say that i'll miss different vendors and the like from act to act as in D2, although artisans are probably more closer to D1 and the idea of a set group of people (NPC's) following you in your adventures (although they physically stay put in D1, but you know what i mean right).

6. Flux

Flux Administrator

That's accurate for that interview, but I was sure that in another, earlier one Jay said there would be 5 artisans in the game, but that only 3 had been revealed so far. I might be misremembering; I've had my mom visiting all week and my schedule has been crazy with limited computer time. But I'll go over all of the interviews and such next week and get the wiki caught up, and see if this was indeed said at some point in certifiable fashion.

7. baltim

baltim IncGamers Member

I think I remember jay saying that there will be 5 artisans too.

8. raveharu

raveharu IncGamers Member

There isn't a 4th or 5th. Case closed.

There are three artisans total. It's likely that the confusion came from each artisan having five upgrade 'levels'.