Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Flayer Jungle

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Mezion, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Mezion

Mezion Diabloii.Net Member

I've been wondering if anyone tried to farm in that area. Seems interesting for the mob density and safeness of the place. On paper it looks good to get various items with sockets and maybe runes, especially if you start up from LK and work your way down.

Anyone tried this? I'm thinking about extending the run in the Spider Forest.

Also do you do runs on other uncommon areas? I've tried Glacial Trail & Drifter Cavern the other day for no particular reason (using a summoner so its not that fast, and I just wanted to walk around grabbing all the wps and whatnot). Its also relatively safe but nothing spectacular was found, on a small sample size.

2. Neksja

Neksja Diabloii.Net Member

I think the problem with Flayer Jungle is that it is A80 level area, so no rarest treasure class drops, highest you can get I think are TC78 or TC81 items, not sure about runes, but possibly up to Cham? Little to next to nothing to really hunt for and no Super Uniques, unless you go to the Flayer Dungeon for Witch Doctor Endugu (don't really count Stormtree as Flayer Jungle Super Unique).

And while Flayer Jungle might be "safe", it can also be irritating to certain characters/builds. Those Fetish packs can cause a bit of a threat/annoyance, when there's dozens of blowdarts flying towards you and putting your character into Hit Recovery or Block. That's one of the main reasons I like the Act 3 the least. Easy enough, but still annoying to clear and find areas.

By all means, don't be discouraged to run Flayer Jungle, but personally, I don't see many benefits to running it, so it's quite likely you won't see a lot of experienced users in that area.

I have not done any running in uncommon areas, the most uncommon one is probably Mausoleum, just because I was bored and wanted to run an A85 level I have not run before. I do often run around in random areas, like the Glacial Trail you mentioned, but not enough to mention as "farming".

3. RickH

RickH Diabloii.Net Member

Ah, Mausoleum!
    85 area with very few mobs and BloodRaven saying hello.. (She's a pain to kill..)
    For uncommon areas to run, mine is Plains of Despair with T-Gods equipped.. just to laugh at Gloams.
    Personally I can't wait to get out of those jungle areas and go to Kurast-Travincal!

4. Treeharl

Treeharl Diabloii.Net Member

Good question here:

First of all if I would be runehunting for the RFO in 1.13c I would be running flayers indeed! Flayers have some decent advantages over other area's due to huge monster density and large packs. While this area has a very low chance of tc87 (they still can drop!) it is decent for runes. To show you about max rune tier it is always nice to prove a statement with facts: Regular monsters (all of them) drop up to Cham while monsters from bosspacks (lvl83) are able to drop till Zod (edit: Champion packs lvl 82 drop up to Zod aswell). Yes this area is usefull. In the pictures shown below I forced the game to drop the maximum tier runedrop (rune 16, with a chance of 99,8% of dropping the max runes from that tier).

PS: RFO Score above 9000 with these screenshots!

(Moddisclaimer): The following pictures have been gathered by a not legit character that has been deleted, no runedrop will come in SPF. This is for testing purposes only.

Regular monsters:
    Screenshot018.jpg
    Bosspacks:
    Screenshot020.jpg

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    T72on1 likes this.
  5. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

If we are talking efficiency only, I wouldn't run Flayer Jungle. But if looking for a change of pace, I could definitely see it being a good target with the right character.

6. DiabloTwoinDC

DiabloTwoinDC Diabloii.Net Member

Yes please!

(Moddisclaimer disclaimer): I did not read the disclaimer. Just want roons in pic! :eek: