Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Flayer jungle

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by SnakeEye85, Mar 4, 2004.

1. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

Flayer jungle

I recently did ~3 players 8 flayer jungle runs in normal to level up my merc. I got like ~12 runes from those 3 runs. Since i was playing in normal i know they can´t be any good but i just wonder, if you do this in hell then what runes can normal monsters in act flayer jungle drop?
    anyone had any luck with runes there?

I have been running RoF and CS like 30 times for runes @players 5 and i find like noooo runes. Hardly any EL´s or ELD´s. So i thought flayer jungle could be good?

2. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

I just got a Lum rune in NM flayers from a flayer boss, it was funny the shaman dropped an Eld and his usual 4 potions, then the little flayer dropped a Lum and 4 potions. I think maybe this may be the place to go.

3. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

This is why I wanted to do the rune race experiment. To find out where is the best place to rune hunt.

4. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Uzziah, let's just wait until MFO is over and people have a week or so to rest. I'm sure then people will be more receptive to a Rune Race. I just remember that I got a Fal from Act III, Hell as well (Council I think) so that puts me at 2 Fal, 2 Pul for high runes.

5. SnakeEye85

so does anyone know the highest rune normal monsters can drop in flayer jungle act3 hell?

just did a run with one of my chars....it´s slow but i just wanna try it before i build a char to do it more effectively.

lol on my first run with ~250 mf i got Ring(29%nagel) and a Kraken Shell
    :lol:

6. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

according to d2data.net, flayers in hell can drop up to Vex, and flayer shamans can drop up to Ber in Hell.

7. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Why no-one uses the dropcalc of new ATMA for this :scratch:

1 : 6694336 Cham Rune Flayer Jungle
    1 : 4462890 Jah Rune Flayer Jungle
    1 : 3826063 Ber Rune Flayer Jungle
    1 : 2550708 Sur Rune Flayer Jungle

etc etc

Those are the chaces to get those runes in hell Flayer Jungle, from regular Flayer (/players 8). In Flayer Dungeon lvl 3 you have a little chance to get Zod, but that place is not worth visiting. Unique Flayer bosses in Flayers jungle have about 2x better chance to drop those runes mentioned above and they can even drop a Zod. Normal monsters in RoF have about same chances to drop runes, which was a big surprise for me. Flayers Jungle has more population and it is easier, monsters have low hp there. Only thing that would make RoF better is ghost-type monsters with 4x runedrops and Hephasto, but I must admit I like Flayer Jungle more.

Im not sure, but I think amazon forum had a thread about runedrops in Flayer Jungle and many people said it is good place to hunt those little rocks

8. SnakeEye85

so can they drop up to Vex or cham?

thanks for the numbers

9. JamesMartigo

JamesMartigo IncGamers Member

What would be a good build to hunt for runes in the Flayer Jungle? Because there'e no way in hell I'm using my conc barb for those little annoyances! Would a skellimancer or hammerdin do well? Or is a stravezon much better?

10. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Well, hmm...I have all those builds but I have only tried strafezon there. Necros are too slow on p8 and my strafer is very fast killer there because she has high-end gear. I would say hammerdin pwns Flayer Jungle too

@SnakeEye

I have heard that info at d2data.net is outdated, so im quite sure it is correct that they can drop Cham

11. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

hammerdin, strafezon, wind druid, whirly-barb, LF zon, MO sorc... anything that can kill large #s of monster fast will be good for the FJ.

12. ShriekingWillow

ShriekingWillow IncGamers Member

I'm planning on running the Flayer Jungle with my Strafeazon right after the MF Olympics end. I recall a post from somebody saying that they'd found 3 Bers in the flayer jungle in a relatively short amount of time. Given I've never even found a Ber before I wanted to give it a shot and test out my luck there.

Of course the only real advantage of the Flayer Jungle is the sheer volume of kills you can rack up in a short amount of time. It's not as if Flayers have a better chance of dropping runes or anything.

13. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

Hmm, are flayers lightning immune? Otherwise, my spearazon would finish them off super quick.

14. Ehtirno

Ehtirno IncGamers Member

I think my Bone necro will enjoy this place... (Wall/Confuse/Spam spears :D)
    Plus you don't need MF for Runes, so you can go top-speed cruising :D

15. Sicarius_J

Sicarius_J IncGamers Member

Interesting, the Act 3 jungle areas have always been my luckiest areas for finding runes. I am speaking regarding sheer quanitity, not quality. For a long time I simply attributed it to How Bloody Long you have to hack your way through those damn swamps...but if your findings and mine are confirmed by other lucky act 3 rune running swampers, then perhaps there is something to it. Anyone else have experiences like this?
    Sic.

16. Fearoth

Fearoth IncGamers Member

Regarding immunities- in a3 flayer jungle both flayers and soul killers are CI, shamen are FI, winged nightmares are LI and those fireball spitting frogs are FI.
    Btw its weird cause in flayer dungeon soul killers become LI and in worldstone flayers are FI...

17. beau_nidle

beau_nidle IncGamers Member

GREAT INFO GUYS.

After reading here of the chance of the runes dropping in the flayer jungle, i spent the last 2 hours killing everything in the flayer jungle with my necromancer. And do you know what i found. First of all a vex rune, then just before i had the leave for work one of the little critters dropped..... wait for it (drum roll please) a BER rune! How cool is that. Think i'll be spending a lot more time in the flayer jungle! :D

Cheers for the heads up guys.

18. Moog_playa

Moog_playa IncGamers Member

VERY interesting stuff.

To be truthful, this almost seems like my little secret that's been told to everyone. I've been running the Flayer Jungle for a while now, using my multizon. But not for runes...just for MF'ing. The sheer quantity of monsters that rush at you is a beautiful thing, and they're fairly high-level.

But runes...I gotta try this...I've found a few decent ones, Um, Dol, and such, but up to Vex/Ber...that's some good news.

19. SnakeEye85

ran it for like 2 hours last night and didn´t find that super many runes but more than i get from other places anyway. Highest was SHAEL...

Nice finds there with the VEX and BER :yep:

will have to try it again

20. JamesMartigo

JamesMartigo IncGamers Member

Excellent man, congrats.... I hope to make a hell flayer runner sometime. Keep it up!