Flail = Hammer ?????

Makade

Diabloii.Net Member
Flail = Hammer ?????

Hi there
I want to make beast runeword and it says I can do it with:
"5 Socket Axes/Scepters/Hammers"

On top of the (arreat summit) runeword page 'hammers' are described as: "War Hammer, Maul, Great Maul, and Exceptional/Elite versions."

Well I actually want to use a flail and this is the same (mace) class. But the description confuses me. Can any1 confirm (or deny) weather a flail is also appropriate ???

Cujo

Diabloii.Net Member
Hammers :
war club/battle hammer/legendary mallet (max soc 4, so Beast is not an option for these 3)
maul/war club/ogre maul (max soc 6)
great maul/martel de fer/thunder maul (max soc 6)

-these will be considered Hammers (mace sub-class) and are the only maces "beast" will work in..

Makade

Diabloii.Net Member
OK thx for the reply.

I'll rephrase my question:
What would be the best weapon to make the runeword 'Beast' with for a necromancer ?

Herald of Doom

Diabloii.Net Member
Makade said:
OK thx for the reply.

I'll rephrase my question:
What would be the best weapon to make the runeword 'Beast' with for a necromancer ?
Depends: normally BA is the best, but whats the reason you want it on a necro? If it's the lvl9fana for your skellies, then go for a weapon that doesnt exceed the str and dex req you have planned already.

Herald of Doom

Diabloii.Net Member
Makade said:
It's for a skelliemancer.....so that would be a scepter I have to find then ?
Any normal class axe or scepter that can get 5 sockets. If you want a scepter you'll need a War Scepter, a Double Axe has the lowest str req (43 vs 55 for War Scepter)

Loboleal

Diabloii.Net Member
Makade said:
It's for a skelliemancer.....so that would be a scepter I have to find then ?
You need a War Scepter. 5 max sockets and 55 str req.

edit: Opss, I forgot Double Axe :p