Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fix for bad loot Itemlevel 61-63 on way

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by patonis, Jun 26, 2012.

1. patonis

patonis Diabloii.Net Member

Bashiok agreed on the matter(see last link), that since Patch 1.0.3 the yellow loot is most of the time crap. The rolls on the affixes/suffxies seem intentionally bad.

Some interesting Threads about Patch 1.0.3 on the official forums:

The TRUTH Behind 1.0.3 - Hidden Footprints!: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5890100318?page=1

Comprehensive Act 2/Act 3 ilvl 63 drop rates: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5911881997

Can a blue post comment on bugged a3 / 4 loot with comment from Bashiok: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5911501949#6

The posting: "Comprehensive Act 2/Act 3 ilvl 63 drop rates" is really scary. 1600 rares Itemlevel 63 and most of them crap.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  2. raveharu

raveharu Diabloii.Net Member

I actually think this shouldn't be fixed.

Getting a good ilevel 63 should be as hard as finding a high rune pre 1.13 D2.

3. Chaosmage

Chaosmage Diabloii.Net Member

There were 2 kinds of people able to farm act3/4 inferno prior to the patch:

People exploiting SS chaining early and got ahead of the curve enough to be able to progress also "legitimately"
    People buying items of the latter group using the gold they bought for real money from shops who sold gold from hacked accounts.

Of course nobody will admit belonging to either group, instead they claim they were just *that* good.
    Same thing every time. If you are killing stuff fast enough in later acts it will be worth it to farm them instead of act1/2.

4. Accaris

Accaris Diabloii.Net Member

I don't like this analogy. Still 9/10 ilvl 63s will be junk. In 1.10 D2, it was relatively easy to find Tal's set, IK set, Shakos, etc. Those were the equivalent of ilvl 63 loot. So it will still be reasonably difficult to find upgrades for your character in the game. It wasn't that hard to upgrade your character in D2.

5. AlexanderBarin

AlexanderBarin Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

Um, no. The high end set/uniques were excellent, but by no means BIS. They are equivalent to "below average" rolls on ilvl 63s.
    High runewords are equivalent to good ilvl 63s.

If anything, D3 endgame drops are much better than D2's. I was able to generate a full stash tab of ilvl 63 in HC just by doing act1 over 2 days.

That said, Act1/2 shouldn't be dropping better loot than Act3. If that's an issue, then it should be fixed, pretty obvious imo.

Chaos, I agree with you, majority of prepatch a3/a4 progressed were early exploiters or those who fed from exploiters. That said, it doesn't really have anything to do with fixing loot post-patch.

6. buddah

buddah Diabloii.Net Member

There were a ton of items in D2 that were viable in hell one shouldn't count only the cookie cutter items...

7. WhiteGiant

WhiteGiant Diabloii.Net Member

yeah but all the affixes are streamlined in D3 ; there simply is no trick or tool or affix which gets you above the "progression/Gear"- Curve

In d2 there were tons of such things which made it really easy for you to start out in a fresh ladder... and iam also feeling the decrease A3

i find the new Ilvl adjustments just cumbersome... i simply dont get why i find crap which would not even get me through Act1 Inferno. I'd rahter only 60-63 loot drops at its current rate + 100-200% more gold... not even salvaging is worth it for 51-59 gear ; and that is by far the most drops you will get in Inferno (atleast like ~50% of all drops)

8. Apocalypse

Apocalypse Diabloii.Net Member

i think gearing up was much easier in D2 than it has been in D3, unless of course you use the AH

9. jamesisbest

jamesisbest Diabloii.Net Member

That is just not true. Sure a lot of people that farmed acts 3/4 early on had to use exploits but later on it was certainly managable for the non-exploiters. You didn't have to exploit or buy gold to at all. You just had to get decent gear and a decent build.

10. Muggs

Muggs Clan Officer - US West Hardcore

As someone who was in act3 pre 1.0.3 I can say there has definitely been a deterioration of drop percentages in act3 to the point that running act1 and 2 with as much mf as you can is the most viable and efficient route for acquiring loot currently. I will believe the change when I see it but I equate blizzard right now to an evil genie where you asked for a wish of better drops in lower difficulty and they granted that wish but unfortunately it came with an evil side effect of crappy low ilvl loot everywhere you look.

I always find it funny that people insist that anyone who was in the final acts exploited there way to victory. It is sad that you see it this way but there were tons of us there legitimately actually clearing and farming and not off the backs of exploiters. I see your statement as more of a rationalization you are making to yourself to make yourself feel better for whatever shortcomings you may have.

11. darkstarhub

darkstarhub Diabloii.Net Member

I don't think a 2% chance for an item level 63 to drop in act 1 hurts anything. At least you have a very small chance to actually find something yourself to help you progress. If they do anything, it would be to raise the drop rates for acts 2-4. I have found a decent amount of Ilevel 63 gear, and maybe 3 pieces were worth keeping, with only 1 of those being killer to use on a demon hunter if I ever play one. Having the 63's drop in act 1 only helps the average player, myself included since I suck at the game.

12. imthedan

imthedan Diabloii.Net Member

This is the problem I have with this argument. Runewords are more like unique items than anything else; in fact, they should be considered unique items. They had fixed stats! When creating an Enigma, we knew EXACTLY what we were getting.

So, my point is, BIS arguments are right because Unique/Runeword items were generally the best to have. The only exception was goldy gear rare items that were extremely rare. That's how D3 should be.

13. gza3894

gza3894 Diabloii.Net Member

the biggest issue at the moment i think isn't the bad rolls on ilvl 63, it's the sheer abundence of low ilvl items in inferno.
    I've just killed inferno diablo, and got 3 blues, ilvl 55, 57 and 62.

unless blizzard expect lvl 54 players to be killing diablo inferno for loot that level of gear should not be dropping. i'd be much happier getting ilvl 62-63 gear with a bad roll than items that can't possibly be useful, regardless of how 'lucky' i am with prefix-suffix mix... quite depressing farming, seeing a rare ring drop and getting excited then realising it's ilvl 51.

as long as we are guarenteed to have all drops in inferno ilvl 61+ (with 62-63 being more likely the further you go in the acts) i personally wouldn't mind the low chance of getting the perfect i63.

14. saint_of_killers

saint_of_killers Diablo: IncGamers Member

qft.

however, OP is misleading. Bashiok just said they're looking to adjust the drops. Not the affixes.

15. Chaosmage

Honestly I hated runewords (post 1.10) The were the same way overpowered like good DIIIs ilevel 63 rares are.
    They made interesting gear combos out of sets/uniques/rares useless.

I wouldn't wanna have BIS legendaries at all. They should be all crap but with one or two exceptional stats to stand out, alas high "misplaced" boni of something. (like Forstburns) or they should have low stats which are nevertheless usefull in their combination (like Tearhaunch my fav unique ever) But since LOD came along there were other notable examples like Raven, nobody would have used a ring without leech if it weren't for that absorb.

The difference was all those items were very easy to self farm...

16. patonis

There is a new comment about it from Bashiok:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5911883821?page=2#33

17. KTang

KTang <font color="#93ad4f">Official Diablo 3 Item Value

Bashiok doesn't acknowledge that the yellow loot rolls are crap, he acknowledges that the drop rates have decreased. Might want to edit that as it is highly misleading and just plain wrong.

Though I have to admit, the rares I have been getting from A1 atleast are just RUBBISH.

KT

18. Chaosmage

Damn the whiners.

The drop rates were fine. What needs to be changed it the range of upper/lower stats and make it drop less items overall.

In DII about 1% of rares you found were good rares and it was something special if you found one. Now it's like one of 1000 rares which are considered good. The little inventory in DII was sufficient to last for a full run, now you have to run to down constantly and look at 10x the crap sorting out things even worth giving away.

19. imthedan

imthedan Diabloii.Net Member

You can't have it both ways. Earlier, you said you didn't like the runewords (which are really unique items) and liked the rare items.

Either you make the rares drop more and stay good (since it's so random) or you switch it back to legendary (unique and runeword type items) are one of the BIS items with rares being the 1% drop that is godly and better than legendary. It sounds like you want legendary items terrible and rares to be 1%...

That's just stupid.w=

20. patonis

I agree with you, but we dont know exact, what was changed in patch 1.0.3. It is quite obvious, that when the items get rolled, there is a check in place to give you most of the time rubbish. I mean that you often get 1 affix/suffix, which is high and the rest is very low, making you think this item is ilevel 54 and less. This was not so extreme before patch 1.0.3 and its really no fun this way.