Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fist Fighting Barb Guide??

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Ed_MarloZon, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Ed_MarloZon

Ed_MarloZon IncGamers Member

Fist Fighting Barb Guide??

Hey everyone,
    Does anyone know of a Barefisted (ie no weapon) barb build guide? I am working on one right now and would like to know of any others so I can compare or look and see there work.

Please let me know.

2. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

Just out of speculation I would guess
    max BO/shout/conc(does it work with fists?)/howl
    one point in taunt/battle cry/zerk/battle command
    rest in preq

Wear items with % to crushing blow, hopefully to 100% and with some IAS (anyone knows the breakpoints?). The other equipments should have as high defense as possible.

and of course,
    str : determined by your equipments
    dex: enough for max block if you use a shield (is that allowed?), base otherwise
    vit: everything else
    nrg: base

Wear angelic ring/dual ammy so you'll have no problem hitting things in higher levels.

3. stpkong

stpkong IncGamers Member

Please include the attack speed table for ref, thx

4. Ed_MarloZon

Thank you for reply. I hadn't thought of Angelic Set I instead though about dual Ravenfrost for the dex. (more dex in items means more Vit in stats),and hadn't decided on ammy yet. Maybe Highlords, or Atma's Scarab. And yes shields are allowed.
    So one more question what kinda items have crushing vblow that say would only use up 2-3 slots and get the most crushing blow?

5. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

Boots:
    Goblin Toe gives 25%

Gloves:
    Steelrend gives 10%
    Venom Grip gives 5%
    Crafted gloves gives 5%-10%

Armor:
    Rattlerage gives 25%

Helm:
    Guillaume's Face (Set) gives 35%
    Giant Skull gives 10%

So the highest you can archieve without using a weapon is 25%+10%+25%+35% = 95%. And the only open slots are two rings, ammy, shield, and belt. However all the items are easy to get. For the maximum effect without sacraficing many equipments would be Rattlerage or Goblin Toe + Guillaume's Face (total to 60%). Use all three will give 85% though.

Oh and I forgot to mention, Dracul's Grasp is polly the only form of effective leech, but you'll have to give up 5% to 10% of the chance to CB. However it gives chance to cast life tap and 25% to open wounds which will be very helpful especially in hell (I don't know if you can make it). If possible stick with +dmg/ar charms in your inventory but I suspect your resists will be bad without much resist charms.

6. Ed_MarloZon

Ty for all the help with the number and stuff man. I don't know what all I am going to use yet. Just finished act 1 norm and it was easy I am 12th lvl now and hardely get touched and kill everything in almost one hit :cool:
    will post more tomrrow!!!

7. funnelweb2

funnelweb2 IncGamers Member

Concentrate increases your damage, but even doubling 2 - 4 only gets you 4 -8. However, I did use max concentrate for my fist barb because of the other benefits. My approach was to equip the best elemental damage add items I could find, eg Raven Frost, Naj set helm, T'gods belt, Tiamat shield, Hellmouth gloves, Infernostride, Tal Rasha ammy. I used a 4-socket armour and added the best elemental damage jewels I had (% damage add jewels aren't going to help). I also socketed the helm with a fire damage jewel and used damage add charms, but only a small amount of poison. My final max damage was around 1,300. I confess I got help with the Hell Ancients, but everything else I could handle, albeit slowly at times. Hell Baal took maybe 20 minutes.

8. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Elemental damage all the way

then use concentrate for the better chance of getting attack off

grim ward//howl
    max bo shout IS maybe some Warcry

my guess is that fists are WS 0